Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 25, 2014, 08:21 PM
Thermal Junkie
Joined Sep 2008
3,367 Posts
Ernesto,
Not knowing what is available in Sicily, you might try contacting someone at SAM Italia Chapter 62 as they would be local and flying the old timers.

http://www.samitalia62.it/
Leadchucker is offline Find More Posts by Leadchucker
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2014, 12:13 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,475 Posts
I always did use Penzzoil from the H.Davidson shop but I recently bought that 883 and I was given some bidons of 20-50 in HD package so they no longer use that 70 stuff. I would not bother too much as long as you use quality oil. Friend of mine is using Shell Turbine oil that is recommended by Wren turbines, I figure that what's good for a 160000rpm engine cannot be bad for something running a mere fraction of that. If you insist on running on glow I can sell you a couple of good Champion glow plugs in 3/8 size.
Reginald is online now Find More Posts by Reginald
Old Jul 26, 2014, 12:49 AM
Diesel Danny
Australia, VIC, Bellbridge
Joined Nov 2013
256 Posts
Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by nernst View Post
For me the mineral oil 70W is hard to find. Can you tell me the better option for oil, when they use gasoline? Thank you again for your kindness!
Ernesto
I used to use Shell XGO Gear Oil 80 in my old sparkies. It is made for manual gearboxes, 80W. Not sure if it still available, but it worked well.

Castor can be mixed with gasoline if you use lethicin as an emulsifier. Find it at a health food shop (it's a natural product of the liver to process fat). I also use this to mix castor oil with kerosene without using ether. Less than 1% is all it takes.

Regards * Danny *
danny mz is online now Find More Posts by danny mz
Old Jul 26, 2014, 01:43 AM
United States, CA, Santa Ana
Joined Jul 2010
427 Posts
70 wt motor cycle oil works ok, bought my first O&R 60 back in 76, flew it in S.A.M. competition for 15yrs, wore out three front crank bushings and shafts. Won a whole room full of trophys.
Had a scratch on the piston that looked like a canyon, still runs like a new engine !!

Ross
harborflyer is offline Find More Posts by harborflyer
Old Jul 26, 2014, 09:06 AM
Italy, Sicily, Messina
Joined Sep 2011
36 Posts
Many many thanks to All!! Your advice and information are precious for me. I hope to run my Ohlsson and other sparkie soon, and I will tell you!
All thr best
Ernesto
nernst is offline Find More Posts by nernst