HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 09, 2010, 02:12 AM
Lakewood, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWW View Post
Yes and here it is:
It's weird, but I can almost see Dwayne with a big smile on his face in all those pictures.

Great job on the bike. Not looking forward to racing against you, though.
2000-redrider is offline Find More Posts by 2000-redrider
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2010, 11:14 AM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
Quote:
Yes and here it is:
nice! looks like the Jordan Suzukis a few seasons ago - with the Tar Heel blue. so when we racin' next?
Torrance is offline Find More Posts by Torrance
Old Aug 09, 2010, 07:15 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
767 Posts
Artesia track was up this past weekend, its up every 2nd and 4th weekend each month. I talked to Glen and he said the Nitro guys are picking up, so he might have it up every Sat. If We could race once a month it would be great for me. Also you know your bikes Torrance, yes that where I got the color scheme from I couldn't find the exact blue though.
DLAWW is online now Find More Posts by DLAWW
Last edited by DLAWW; Aug 09, 2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old Aug 09, 2010, 08:36 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,646 Posts
Quote:
Artesia track was up this past weekend, its up every 2nd and 4th weekend each month. I talked to Glen and he said the Nitro guys are picking up, so he might have it up every Sat. If We could race once a month it would be great for me. Also you know your bikes Torrance, yes that where I got the color scheme from I couldn't find the exact blue though.
blah blah blah......

LOL
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Aug 09, 2010, 11:00 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
767 Posts
I know! I know! Jimmy I felt the same way when Lito got Nolan's bike, I feel your pain. I eventually got over it, then Stubby got one and he went to the worlds with it. Its tough all over.
DLAWW is online now Find More Posts by DLAWW
Old Aug 14, 2010, 04:51 AM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,676 Posts
i took the sb5 out in the wet the other day running pmt 020's
i put the long bars on at first and did a few laps then bought it in a bent them up abit and did a few more.. ended up running dry weather bars with the fairing nearly on the floor round bends! lol. unbelievable grip!

i got the bike back and the shocks and stuff were covered in dirt and grit so i knocked up a small hugger out of a old fm-1e front mudguard -i know you guys have got 100's of these things lying around!
mark675 is offline Find More Posts by mark675
Old Aug 14, 2010, 10:00 AM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,676 Posts
modified the yokes aswell.. its a rainy day here so not much to do

I got this mod from allan waterfall i think? it stops the shaft turning in the yokes instead of the bearings,

I drilled two 2.5mm holes in the yokes, tapped them m3, milled a flat in two places on the shaft and put two grub screws in, job done!
is a mod well worth doing too, makes them work as they should and takes out any slight play that is in the yokes

i also noticed the front wheel wasnt turning as free as i could be,
i traced it down to the spacer in the left side being too wide and preloading the bearing,
seems it was the right size before it got anodised so i just rubbed it on some fine sandpaper on both sides until it was back down to the alloy, its perfect now.. spins very free but has no side to side movement at all.

this bike is such a pleasure to work on!
is it just me that thinks this bike is a huge step forward in rc bike design?

its eliminated so many of the problems of the 'old' bikes

i love it!!
Old Aug 14, 2010, 11:38 AM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
some clever mods there kneeboy. glad you're enjoying the bike. i'm a lazy mechanic so i try to make my designs easy to work on.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 09:46 AM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,676 Posts
thanks torrance

im gonna wear it out the amount ive been using it lately!
Old Aug 22, 2010, 03:33 PM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,676 Posts
bust my front wheel last week in a crash, it broke all the spokes apart from one!
i noticed it had a small crack in one of the spokes last time i ran it.

im waiting on a set of wheels now but theyre out of stock so dont know how long itll be till i can use it again
Old Aug 22, 2010, 04:38 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNEEBOY View Post
bust my front wheel last week in a crash, it broke all the spokes apart from one!
i noticed it had a small crack in one of the spokes last time i ran it.

im waiting on a set of wheels now but theyre out of stock so dont know how long itll be till i can use it again
Yeah we need to get the spares in quick !! I would like a set of those alloy wheel spokes, Formby seem to be out of stock of a lot of the standard parts, but say they are waiting for parts and should be in soon
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:24 AM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,676 Posts
still waiting for wheels and brake etc from formbys, still not in stock

good job its raining here so im not missing the sb5 too much
Old Aug 26, 2010, 03:35 PM
I once beat Colin McCabe
Southport, England
Joined Oct 2005
156 Posts
Hi Guys,

Can I Just point out that the stock problem is not our fault - it is the supplier.
I have placed another order last week as the ones that SHOULD arrive tomorrow are mostly spoken for
Squidlips is offline Find More Posts by Squidlips
Old Aug 26, 2010, 04:48 PM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidlips View Post
Hi Guys,

Can I Just point out that the stock problem is not our fault - it is the supplier.
I have placed another order last week as the ones that SHOULD arrive tomorrow are mostly spoken for
probably not your supplier's fault either. the TT factory is in the midst of moving to a brand new facility. until the move is complete production is slow.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 06:21 PM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrance View Post
probably not your supplier's fault either. the TT factory is in the midst of moving to a brand new facility. until the move is complete production is slow.
Do you know when the move is supposed to be complete? Ace Hobby is using that as one of the (many) excuses for not getting in the SB-5.

Bruce
slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb