HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2007, 10:19 PM
Joined May 2007
5 Posts
Discussion
New piolet, broken heli..need help.

Hello all. I'm new the RTF heli's. About a mouth ago I when to Tredtimes and bought a RTF helicopter. I paid paid $349.00 for it. Being new to this I'm not sure if this was a reputable web sight... looking back I'm wishing I would have gone out and supported my local hobby shop.. The heli I bough was advertised as a, Dragon Belt Drive 6 Channel RC Helicopter W/Flight Simulator *JUST LIKE T-REX* Ready To Fly W/Extras. About a week later I got my heli. On the box it"s called a "walker helicopter a/c 36 series" It was supposed to come with a flight simulator programm so I could learn to flight it before actually taking it out. It's didn't come with the simulator and the manual that came with it was practically useless, all 10 pages of it. So of coarse I couldn't wait and went out the next day to try and fly it. I didn't do very well. I couldn't even get it off the ground. It was like there wasn't enough power to get it up. And every time I had the rpm's up pretty high the tail would come out and spin out of control. During the last flight attempt I had the rpm's up and was trying to get it off the ground and I lost control. It spun on the ground and tipped over while the blades were still spinning. After that the motor would run but it wouldn't spin the blades more than just a little. Now I'm not sure what I broke and I'm trying to get it fixed. So now my questions..
Has anyone heard of the sight I bought my heli or anything about the heli I bought? Does anyone know of any repair shops in the San Fransisco Bay area I might be able to take it to get it fixed? Any advice would be much appreciated. thank you all.
rac97crawford is offline Find More Posts by rac97crawford
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2007, 09:29 PM
Its not that windy...
United States, CA, PORTER RANCH
Joined May 2007
1,164 Posts
I have heard of the website. Is it Trendtimes.com because if it is. I would seriously not buy and return. But THEY HAVE RIPPED YOU OFF. there are plenty of other good helicopters and also i recommend that you get your money back and buy a coco lama or go to www.raidentech.com and buy a good heli for150 instead of 350. ANd buy a trainer like coco lama that is easy to fly and can actually fly rather than that 350 one. But take a couple of pics, open the copter at least cause thats the only way to go. and make sure they good quality
aerosoardude is offline Find More Posts by aerosoardude
Old Jun 04, 2007, 01:20 AM
Joined May 2007
5 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I think I did get ripped off. I don't think I can get my money back now. Any advice on what I can do with the heli i got. any place online I might be able to send it to get fixed or do you think it's a lost cause with this heli?
Old Jun 04, 2007, 05:42 AM
Joined Mar 2004
31 Posts
If you post this on the mini heli forum you probably get more replies.
u507 is offline Find More Posts by u507
Old Jun 04, 2007, 11:38 PM
Its not that windy...
United States, CA, PORTER RANCH
Joined May 2007
1,164 Posts
you really should repost it like u507 said on the mini heli forum and open it up and post some pics of the problems. But you could try here to just do what you can to give more info about it. It could be a frayed wire or a battery. but it might have something to do with the gears. you might be able to substitute it BEST OF LUCK.
aerosoardude is offline Find More Posts by aerosoardude
Old Jun 06, 2007, 02:11 AM
Joined May 2007
5 Posts
Thanks for the great advice. I just put my post on the mimi heli sight. I have some good replies already. thank you both for the advice.