HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:48 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Discussion
osyris vs vanquish

soo... im not usually the one to make such threads, but here goes....

recently i joined a club... so i will have proper flying field! in my previous fields harrierlandings was nearly a must (for me ) so i was shying away from pattern planes... ideally i would like 60" size, but i guess better to start with something smaller so if pattern planes completely turns out to be not my thing (i kinda like them on phoenix if that matters) it would be cheaper... EF has 48" vanquish, 3dhs has 48" osyris... then 3dhs have 62" osyris, but EF (so far) does not have 60" vanquish....

what would be the differences? or its as usually, pick the colour scheme and be happy thing?
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:55 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
Pick a color scheme and be happy.

That being said the vanq has probably the best color scheme I have flown outside of the EF edge. The vanq looks weird on the ground but all sides on it are utterly pleasing to the eye in the air.

Chris really did an awesome job with the vanq scheme.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:02 AM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,630 Posts
There is a 58-60" Vanquish in the works but I don't know of any ETA.

I own the 62" Osiris and it's a fantastic airplane but a big investment to just try pattern. I will say that the blue and white scheme isn't as good as the red scheme for visibility. The 48" Vanquish flies very, very well...I haven't flown the smaller Osiris but either would be a great idea to get your feet wet in pattern without a big investment.
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:13 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
how strong is small wanquish landing gear? similar strength to the rest of 48"? i have allways liked 3dhs lg-s on smaller aeroplanes better.. but apart from that (and reading trough) manuals, yeah, im leaning towards vanquish!

i just dont understand one thing about vanquish... when reading manual it suggests high rates to 45*? so its basically not osyris but vyper althernative? pattern plane which is able to 3d in capable hands?
Last edited by rimaarts; Feb 08, 2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:55 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
how strong is small wanquish landing gear? similar strength to the rest of 48"?
Mine was fine. The guy who has it now is still using the original legs and flying it on 6s. The thing is stupid fast.

Quote:
i just dont understand one thing about vanquish... when reading manual it suggests high rates to 45*? so its basically not osyris but vyper althernative?
Seems to me the Vyper is a bit more biased toward 3D and the Vanquish is biased a bit more toward precision. Both are nice planes.
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:03 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
The lg is strong and nice.

I don't 3d mine. Just setup it up with the high rates as the manuals recommended low rates. Fly it around and determine what you like for low rates. I can post mine later.

Also its a pattern plane so its flight envelope is narrower as is the Osiris. There is nothing wrong with tag as its a pattern plane and loves to fly fast and draw clean lines.

Its the one plane I can point at and say its made me a better pilot.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:07 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
ok... so my next plane will be either 51" slick, either vanquish(whichever will be in stock at the beginning of march.)...i think i might even have nearly all gear lying around for both.... i was thinking of yak and slick, but somehow lately i have been looking and looking at vanquish...

emmm... think im clear... how to close thread?
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:19 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
... how to close thread?
Got to the blue bar near the top of the page: thread tools/close thread.
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Closed Thread