Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:38 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
Discussion
Quick and eager to comunicate for a sale but once payed nothing or slow

What is it about great communcation with a seller doing the deal and then once payment is made they become ghost or as slow as thick glue. I am a stickler for immediate and constant contact and immediate shipping. Isn't that the way business should be done or should I just take my time. I do not like ASAP...I like now! If you want to sell something then do it right, people have feeling's and like all of us "kid's" we want to fly now!!!!! Am I alone??? Thank's, David/ZZ
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:04 PM
United States, MD, Bowie
Joined Sep 2009
130 Posts
Trader Rating: 379
Zeezee,

You are not alone. When I am buy something from here or other sites, I expect an estimate of when the seller is going to ship it so it does not leave me hanging. So far so good. The only difference is with our 'asap'. For me, it's either today or the next day. Good evening.

Ton2di
ton2di is offline Find More Posts by ton2di
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:07 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
I'm with you when I sell something I make sure the buyer knows exactly when the item will ship and if possible I ship the same day I receive payment. Once the item is shipped I contact the buyer to give them the tracking info and let them know the anticipated delivery date that I received. I even go a step further to make sure after I see that the item was delivered that the buyer received the item and that it made it safely to them. I also let them know if they have any questions or issues to let me know and I'll do what I can. I know things come up but taking 30 seconds to write an email can keep a lot of issues and drama from arising.

Josh
Nin3rsAllDay is offline Find More Posts by Nin3rsAllDay
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:11 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,590 Posts
Trader Rating: 63
I used to get frustrated with that-not anymore...
As you become more settled in trading,you learn that not everyone has the same priorities as you have during a deal.

You can talk feverishly for two days making a deal,but once the item is in the mail,shut up !....give it the normal delivery time (3-4 days)before contacting the seller about where the heck it is !

I always give a tracking number and you can follow the item's progress on your own.....I have little control over where the package is during transit. I always tell my customers when I drop off the item at the USPS,as soon as I get home from there,along with the estimated time of arrival.

If you can't control yourself for a week,don't buy online....things happen.Holidays,accidents,weekends...
Very few of my deals take longer than 5 WORKING days....fact of life.

If you want it overnight,and want to pay massive amounts of money,ask the seller,and offer to pay extra.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just thinking out loud
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:36 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
When I sell an item I state that it will be shipped that day or if late the next day. As soon as it is mailed I send a tracking number. I answer all my PM's as soon as I see them. From some of the folks I have bought from ASAP means exactly that...it may be 6 days until it's possible and they don't even let you know. Most people out here are dedicated people and the rest just don't give a damn except that they get paid immediately. ZEEZEE/David.....
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:41 PM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,908 Posts
Trader Rating: 97
when you leave a dealership after buying a very expensive car...or best buy after a bigscreen.......do those salesmen keep to making sure you're happy still? Most are all about the sale these days.....not looking to add to their "people to buy for at xmas" list.
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:44 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by racie34 View Post
when you leave a dealership after buying a very expensive car...or best buy after a bigscreen.......do those salesmen keep to making sure you're happy still? Most are all about the sale these days.....not looking to add to their "people to buy for at xmas" list.
There is a big difference when you leave a dealership or best buy you usually have the product with you so you're not waiting to hear info about when the product will get to you.
Nin3rsAllDay is offline Find More Posts by Nin3rsAllDay
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:50 PM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,908 Posts
Trader Rating: 97
agreed
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:19 PM
United States, MD, Bowie
Joined Sep 2009
130 Posts
Trader Rating: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by racie34 View Post
*Dealerships - yes at first because they want a good CSI (Customer Satisfaction Info), then they may or may not call again.
*Bigscreen TV- I don't know because I still have an old 32" regular TV.
ton2di is offline Find More Posts by ton2di
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:27 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,938 Posts
Trader Rating: 384
Perhaps this would be more satisfying for some, at least for this day, or was it yesterday, in a couple of days;

Amazon Yesterday Shipping (1 min 41 sec)
jcstalls is offline Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:29 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,052 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
OK if I watch that later? Right now I'm working on my procrastination.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:08 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,938 Posts
Trader Rating: 384
Yes.
Today, like everyday, I am committed on working on my own personal procrastination, tomorrow.
jcstalls is offline Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:48 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,590 Posts
Trader Rating: 63
I don't know if I'm a procrastinator....I don't know what that is...I'd get the dictionary and look it up,but it's in the bookcase,and I'm comfortable right here...maybe in the morning-
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just thinking out loud
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:40 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,052 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
I know where y'all comin' from!

Me? I usually just plan to be spontaneous tomorrow. My mom always told me I wouldn't amount to anything because I procrastinate. I said, "Just you wait!”
I know hard work often pays off after a time. But laziness always pays off now!
But I do plan to stop procrastinating. Starting tomorrow. Or day after. Maybe.
I've definitely got some thinking to do....just no time for it right now.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:48 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Australia, QLD, Charters Towers
Joined Dec 2003
17,398 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
I have to admit, I ended up being really bad for this and I even ended up closing my business down because I couldn't handle how out of control it was getting ( moreso compounded by dreadful postage delivery rates ).

For cottage / single-person / sole-trader type establishments it's a very big problem if they have to do more than simply "put it in the bag", because there's just too many other influences in their daily lives that interfere with smooth running. If you skip/miss the shipment for more than 2 days it has a very strong risk of cascading from there.

So glad I'm out of that situation now, these days I do vastly more interesting, unique, on-demand jobs and they pay a lot better too.

All that said, I agree it's not a good thing and there isn't any real excuse for it.
PLD is offline Find More Posts by PLD