HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:44 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Apr 2011
385 Posts
So... I apologize for not reading the whole 450 page thread, but I just have a quick question.

I started using SimonK firmware about five months ago, and I flashed a bunch of F-20a with bs_nfet.hex firmware. I had read that people had issues with that esc/firmware with the 1200kv NTM 250 watt motors and other NTM motors as it would loose sync or timing. I learned that, but didn't use those motors so I forgot. I just tried those 1200kv motors and was painfully reminded!

So... the solution back 5 months ago was to flash WiiESC firmware on, but I want to assume that by now the newest SimonK bs_nfet firmware has fixed the problem..? But I'd rather hear it from you guys versus make an assumption, and end up taking my quad back apart and flashing them again. I'd rather stick with SimonK versus WiiESC simply because I know it works and I did do my research on it before learning to flash ESCs on my own... whereas I haven't even looked at what WiiESC is up to... might research that later, but no time to do it now.

Thanks for your time..!
fallingdown is offline Find More Posts by fallingdown
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:44 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,144 Posts
SimonK fixed it in the latest firmware version. It was in one of the previous 450 pages

here
here
here
here

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingdown View Post
So... I apologize for not reading the whole 450 page thread, but I just have a quick question.

I started using SimonK firmware about five months ago, and I flashed a bunch of F-20a with bs_nfet.hex firmware. I had read that people had issues with that esc/firmware with the 1200kv NTM 250 watt motors and other NTM motors as it would loose sync or timing. I learned that, but didn't use those motors so I forgot. I just tried those 1200kv motors and was painfully reminded!

So... the solution back 5 months ago was to flash WiiESC firmware on, but I want to assume that by now the newest SimonK bs_nfet firmware has fixed the problem..? But I'd rather hear it from you guys versus make an assumption, and end up taking my quad back apart and flashing them again. I'd rather stick with SimonK versus WiiESC simply because I know it works and I did do my research on it before learning to flash ESCs on my own... whereas I haven't even looked at what WiiESC is up to... might research that later, but no time to do it now.

Thanks for your time..!
TheFernMan is offline Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Last edited by TheFernMan; Jan 04, 2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:49 PM
Joined Apr 2011
385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFernMan View Post
SimonK fixed it in the latest firmware version. It was in one of the previous 450 pages
Lol... yeah, somewhere in the haystack! Thanks for letting me know... So, I'm using the LazyZero program for flashing KK boards, the latest firmware will be the only selectable firmware or at the top? (could go by the newest date of release, just want to be sure!)

Thanks again!
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:51 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,144 Posts
yea, i think its only the newest listed. it has the dates anyways "BS N-FET V2012-09-30"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingdown View Post
Lol... yeah, somewhere in the haystack! Thanks for letting me know... So, I'm using the LazyZero program for flashing KK boards, the latest firmware will be the only selectable firmware or at the top? (could go by the newest date of release, just want to be sure!)

Thanks again!
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:09 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,030 Posts
Am I correct in the fact that simonk firmware is good to 600hz?

If so we should all be emailing and begging DJI and others to add 600hz output support!!!

Steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:23 PM
Joined Apr 2011
385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefernman View Post
yea, i think its only the newest listed. It has the dates anyways "bs n-fet v2012-09-30"
thanks!!!
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:02 AM
Deutschland, NDS, Braunschweig
Joined Mar 2011
135 Posts
Hi,
Can this (
Home Made Brushless Direct Drive Gimbal (6 min 4 sec)
) be done with flashed ESCs, too? I guess there has to be some modification to the software but is it possible?
greetings ;-)
Lapino is online now Find More Posts by Lapino
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:50 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,170 Posts
That is awesome and I'd like to see that development too.

I wonder if you would have to use RC car ESCs as they have reverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapino View Post
Hi,
Can this be done with flashed ESCs, too? I guess there has to be some modification to the software but is it possible?
greetings ;-)
Psionic001 is offline Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2013, 06:31 PM
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapino View Post
Hi,
Can this ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_8K...e_gdata_player) be done with flashed ESCs, too? I guess there has to be some modification to the software but is it possible?
greetings ;-)
Motors are modified as well and run as stepper motors.
SadSack is offline Find More Posts by SadSack
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:34 PM
crashology student
Ontario, Canada
Joined May 2008
116 Posts
I'm having a senior moment ... about to flash F30A ESCs (for the first time) with bs-nfet ... Do I have to first "program" the ESCs with the usual options: BRAKE ... etc? (I have looked/searched for the answer without luck.)
rshep is offline Find More Posts by rshep
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:57 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,144 Posts
Once flashed there is no option to set like brake. You only do a throttle calibration. So no, you don't "program" brake. You just have to flash them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshep View Post
I'm having a senior moment ... about to flash F30A ESCs (for the first time) with bs-nfet ... Do I have to first "program" the ESCs with the usual options: BRAKE ... etc? (I have looked/searched for the answer without luck.)
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:14 PM
crashology student
Ontario, Canada
Joined May 2008
116 Posts
Thank you for the quick response. I was worried about those settings that I had to do for my 450 clone with KK2.0 (and unflashed ESCs).
rshep is offline Find More Posts by rshep
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:17 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,144 Posts
Remember that once you flash you ESCs you can use higher numbers on the PI Editior on the kk2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshep View Post
Thank you for the quick response. I was worried about those settings that I had to do for my 450 clone with KK2.0 (and unflashed ESCs).
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:45 PM
DOLLA DOLLA BILL YALL
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2012
880 Posts
on my kk2, roll is all the way up on 90 lol.

i will be releasing my updated flash tool today or tomorrow. it also supports firmware builder, and natively compiles your firmware with settings you want.

it allows you to enable rc car mode, etc.

also unlocks bootloader for turnigy PWM flashing
quad007 is offline Find More Posts by quad007
Old Jan 06, 2013, 03:18 AM
DOLLA DOLLA BILL YALL
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2012
880 Posts
Simonk Flash Tool preview (1 min 4 sec)
quad007 is offline Find More Posts by quad007