HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 02, 2010, 10:29 PM
NB Canada
Joined Apr 2008
458 Posts
Discussion
Trex 100!

Had me regretting my 4G6S purchase for a second...but not to worry, it's an FP. But an Align CB100 should interest many ppl!

http://www.rcheliresource.com/coming...er/#more-13176
Beckler is offline Find More Posts by Beckler
Last edited by Beckler; Nov 02, 2010 at 10:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2010, 10:37 PM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Was just about to start a thread lol!

Looks very familiar eh?

Anyone very familiar with the Solo and Msr care to disect the pictures for differences etc?

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Nov 02, 2010, 10:50 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw View Post
Was just about to start a thread lol!

Looks very familiar eh?

Anyone very familiar with the Solo and Msr care to disect the pictures for differences etc?

Amp
Yes looks good any spec as of yet weight, type of motor etc - head looks to be a modified bell / Hiller but with the flybar up higher should have better control than msr without the pendulum-ing hopefully they have not leaned the main shaft either causing the other msr flight problems.

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Nov 02, 2010, 11:18 PM
United States, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Nov 2009
635 Posts
wow disapointing, looks like an nine eagle that there letting Align put there name on. I dont own an Align, eventully ill buy one once im at that level. Every Alighn i see is cutting edge with carbon fiber, aluminum precise parts, brushless motors ects. this looks like a toy just my .02
Hot_Wheels is offline Find More Posts by Hot_Wheels
Old Nov 02, 2010, 11:32 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
wow disapointing, looks like an nine eagle that there letting Align put there name on. I dont own an Align, eventully ill buy one once im at that level. Every Alighn i see is cutting edge with carbon fiber, aluminum precise parts, brushless motors ects. this looks like a toy just my .02
No the head is definitely not a nine eagles clone - when you look at the picture from above the head tipping will tilt the paddles on the flybar from the two lugs set on the side of the flybar - its more like the msr head in reverse.

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Nov 02, 2010, 11:50 PM
Watching the wingtips
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jul 2010
140 Posts
looks like the blades are longer and dont taper off towards the tips (more consistent width)
porcupinepower is offline Find More Posts by porcupinepower
Old Nov 03, 2010, 12:29 AM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Amazing 111 views in a few hrs!

That is what Align have created over the last few years with their marketing campaign. Pretty impressive.

Funny though...many, many flyers aspire to have an Align especially if they are newish to rc helis as it is seen as a benchmark due to their very good marketing strategies. I wonder if this will out sell the MSR. Kinda like the Gaui 200, Rex 250 scenario.

I'd like to see what's under the canopy....also wonder...maybe it runs a HH gyro.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Nov 03, 2010, 12:34 AM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,274 Posts
I am excited about this. I like the top stabilizer. I will buy/preorder as soon as I can. I am just curious about the motors...brushed brushless? As amp suggested, maybe a HH gyro? Also notice the square boom...that is a nice bonus.
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Nov 03, 2010, 12:45 AM
Joined Dec 2007
126 Posts
what I'm most interested in is the receiver. Given it's size I think we can expect a 4in1 type unit, so which transmitters is it going to be compatible with? Now that everything 2.4 ghz is proprietary who are they supporting? Sure the tx is align branded but I can't imagine they would try and start pushing yet another new unique system into an increasingly crowded market.

It would be impressive if the managed to get separate components into a heli that size, but it looks to me like it's a light weight design. Cost could easily get out of hand too with separates so i think we can rule that out.

I wonder what level of quality we'll see in this bird and what price point to expect on the street. Are they trying to steal market share from the blade/walkera crowd, or do they want to attract some of the more serious fliers who might pay bigger bucks for a "real" heli that doesn't give the impression of a toy. Well it's FP so my guess is the former but we'll see. It would be nice to see an inexpensive quark though.
potato42 is offline Find More Posts by potato42
Old Nov 03, 2010, 02:18 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,662 Posts
The omittance of blade grips, making both blades connect to each other and form a rigid structure is definitely Nine Eagles copy. I have never seen any heli using the same design, they usually use blade grips with a single screw holding the blade so it can swing forward or backward in case of a crash.

This might make it possible to mod a Solo Pro to Bell Hiller with little effort.

Just studied the second picture, and I am beginning to doubt it is Bell Hiller. It seems like the links from the swash plate are not going directly to the flybar, but to the mixer arms, just like on the Solo Pro...
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SoloProFan; Nov 03, 2010 at 02:30 AM.
Old Nov 03, 2010, 02:56 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
I am excited about this. I like the top stabilizer. I will buy/preorder as soon as I can. I am just curious about the motors...brushed brushless? As amp suggested, maybe a HH gyro? Also notice the square boom...that is a nice bonus.
Is a square boom so special? The Solo Pro has it as well.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 03, 2010, 03:26 AM
staff tecnico-prismalia-techn
Italy, Campania, Naples
Joined Apr 2010
219 Posts
t-solo rex 100

striking similarity with only pro
we need to see if the receiver with the same system ..........
Well,to align the rest has always been cloned, but from what I see this time chose a different path
marconos is offline Find More Posts by marconos
Last edited by marconos; Nov 03, 2010 at 03:52 AM.
Old Nov 03, 2010, 03:40 AM
Lithuania
Joined Mar 2009
220 Posts
I would love to get it bind and fly version with dsm2 technology...
DerClown is offline Find More Posts by DerClown
Old Nov 03, 2010, 04:55 AM
Grenoble, France
Joined Jan 2010
44 Posts
buzzz

Hi guys,

really looks like msr...
pictures with canopy off :
http://www.hobby-media.biz/nouveaute...rex-100-align/
fake ? (no traceon align web site)...to be followed

--
Newbheli
Newbheli is offline Find More Posts by Newbheli
Old Nov 03, 2010, 05:42 AM
Joined Sep 2007
205 Posts
hmmmm interesting pic but looks more like the bravo sx without a canopy, look at the frame, where the tail is and the flybar and there are differences in the Tx.

from what i've seen of this new trex 100 it looks more SP than MSR.
noobyuk is offline Find More Posts by noobyuk
Last edited by noobyuk; Nov 03, 2010 at 05:50 AM.