HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 13, 2014, 08:35 PM
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Jun 2011
1,140 Posts
Since the wildcat was discontinued and I've always liked the hellcat, the tower hobbies version will be here tuesday. Since i did have a wildcat a couple of years ago i figured i would see if anyone here has both and can give me a comparison. And any plane-specific tips you can think of.
valk_17 is offline Find More Posts by valk_17
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2014, 08:59 PM
nom
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Mar 2011
1,597 Posts
Spit is a fun bird as well!

The TH Hellcat has a three bladed prop so you will feel more thrust compared to the wildcat. I think the wildcat is more nimble but not as fast stock. Hand launches are easier with the TH Hellcat and you have the option of having static landing gear with the Hellcat but be careful of the tail wheel as that is a weakpoint on the Hellcat.
nom is offline Find More Posts by nom
Old Sep 13, 2014, 10:58 PM
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Jun 2011
1,140 Posts
Thanks Nom, that's exactly what i was looking for.
valk_17 is offline Find More Posts by valk_17
Old Yesterday, 09:41 AM
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
1,586 Posts
The poor old cat has been sidelined as I pursue 3d flying. As I was picking up some models to fly Sunday it said to me "sell me or fly me" so I picked 'er up and off we went. (to pretty to sell) Sweet perfection in a small package! Got a little too crazy and low around the soccer goal and punched it into a torque roll and ended up nose down. A little warm water an a wing tip and ready to go!
Best one they made for scale birds. That and the Corsair!
Rickflaguy is offline Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
Old Yesterday, 09:50 AM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,626 Posts
That's a great story Rick....thanks for sharing !

Matt really got the lines right on this one; from what I can tell, even the tail was kept really true to scale, something seldom seen on models this size due to our friend Reynolds....

She really is a pretty ship....that sky blue camo is a bear to spot on a sunny day, but, like the scale lines, it's a very good match to the original. If I were smart (and my wife would have some words to say about that ) I would have asked Matt about the development of the 'Cat when I met him at SEFF. Perhaps at a later time.....

Glad to hear she's good to go after her "bump"....gotta take care of her, they're not making any more of 'em

Happy landings my friend !
Justwingit is offline Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 06:42 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit View Post
That's a great story Rick....thanks for sharing !

Matt really got the lines right on this one; from what I can tell, even the tail was kept really true to scale, something seldom seen on models this size due to our friend Reynolds....

She really is a pretty ship....that sky blue camo is a bear to spot on a sunny day, but, like the scale lines, it's a very good match to the original. If I were smart (and my wife would have some words to say about that ) I would have asked Matt about the development of the 'Cat when I met him at SEFF. Perhaps at a later time.....

Glad to hear she's good to go after her "bump"....gotta take care of her, they're not making any more of 'em

Happy landings my friend !
Now now, let us pretend Renyolds does not exist.
Who gets the 'rag wheel' and who gets the pneumatic , after all were is the tail hook?

Not my best year for air time
Stay state side. Chris
Wamp is offline Find More Posts by Wamp