SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 06, 2010, 03:14 AM
Joined Apr 2007
161 Posts
Which brand servo's are you experiencing the glitching on?
kneedrag is offline Find More Posts by kneedrag
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2010, 05:40 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
152 Posts
Does anyone know of a shop that sells both the FrSky 2.4 GHz modules and the Turnigy/Imax/Eurgle 9ch TX ? I'm thinking of this combo as a cheap replacement for my DX6i with more channels. As price is one of the major factors I want to avoid paying shipping charges from two different retailers.
OpticalFlow is offline Find More Posts by OpticalFlow
Old Apr 06, 2010, 05:47 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,619 Posts
Shipping from HiModel for a FrSky combo is $10 only
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Apr 06, 2010, 01:47 PM
Kamikaze
Ciudad e Mexico Cd Satelite
Joined Feb 2008
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedrag View Post
Which brand servo's are you experiencing the glitching on?
The servos are HexTronik from HobbyKing,, standard and with metal gear,, both of them have the same glitch in channel 4,, I will try today with futaba servos,, yesterday I double check with 4.8 volts receiver battery and 6.0 volts receiver battery, the glitches were with either one of them

Some times the glitch appears more when you move a lot the aileron stick,, and some times that you move nothing there is no glitch.

Thank's
JFRIVERAC is offline Find More Posts by JFRIVERAC
Old Apr 06, 2010, 02:36 PM
Joined Apr 2007
161 Posts
That is weird as most of my smaller planes are running hxt servos and I have not noticed any glitching. You say you notice it when moving your alieron servos are you using a mode 1 transmitter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRIVERAC View Post
The servos are HexTronik from HobbyKing,, standard and with metal gear,, both of them have the same glitch in channel 4,, I will try today with futaba servos,, yesterday I double check with 4.8 volts receiver battery and 6.0 volts receiver battery, the glitches were with either one of them

Some times the glitch appears more when you move a lot the aileron stick,, and some times that you move nothing there is no glitch.

Thank's
Old Apr 06, 2010, 02:40 PM
Joined Apr 2007
161 Posts
I don't currently but I have been thinking about it. I currently have a Turnigy here that I am testing. Would it be a worthwhile combo to have in stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticalFlow View Post
Does anyone know of a shop that sells both the FrSky 2.4 GHz modules and the Turnigy/Imax/Eurgle 9ch TX ? I'm thinking of this combo as a cheap replacement for my DX6i with more channels. As price is one of the major factors I want to avoid paying shipping charges from two different retailers.
Old Apr 06, 2010, 04:26 PM
Kamikaze
Joined Feb 2008
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedrag View Post
That is weird as most of my smaller planes are running hxt servos and I have not noticed any glitching. You say you notice it when moving your alieron servos are you using a mode 1 transmitter?
yes, i am using mode 1,, I do believe this is a compatibility problem with Futaba 9Z,, and only 9Z,, I have tested the corona modules in both versions and had very bad glitches,, both of corona versions,, with FrSky is almost nothing but there is one from time to time,, but, I will try with Futaba Servos,, some people say that the 9Z works fine with Assan, but is more expensive,, will see.....
Old Apr 06, 2010, 09:20 PM
Kamikaze
Joined Feb 2008
40 Posts
Well,, finish testing FrSky 2.4 with 9Z and TowerHobbies Servos, at first same glitches but then I realize that was very close to the receiver, so I move like 10 feet away and no glitches,, I think the problem was because I had the Transmitter very near the receiver,, I tested again the HexTronik servos and worked fine keeping the transmiter away from the receiver,,,, very good option,, I will test on mi trainer next weekend,, the binding is very easy.

The only problem is the module does not fit nice in the transmitter of 9Z, I had to sand the module case and open the holes where the pins enters.

Well,, hope this has been usefull.

Francisco
Old Apr 06, 2010, 09:43 PM
Balsa addiction since age 3
Upstate NY
Joined May 2005
1,241 Posts
It sure looks like FrSkys sales are up - himodel is out!
That is great news.
ScottSails is offline Find More Posts by ScottSails
Old Apr 07, 2010, 06:17 AM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRIVERAC View Post
Well,, finish testing FrSky 2.4 with 9Z and TowerHobbies Servos, at first same glitches but then I realize that was very close to the receiver, so I move like 10 feet away and no glitches,, I think the problem was because I had the Transmitter very near the receiver,,
Francisco
Interesting, I've seen and heard of that behavior in other brands using the CC2500 RF chips (like Corona). Could it be a small 'feature' of the extra sensitivity of these over the older design chips ?
PLMS is offline Find More Posts by PLMS
Old Apr 07, 2010, 10:23 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,291 Posts
Francisco, have you ruled out the possibility that it might be a bad poti or poti cable of your TX stick that causes the glitching?
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Apr 07, 2010, 12:53 PM
Kamikaze
Joined Feb 2008
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez View Post
Francisco, have you ruled out the possibility that it might be a bad poti or poti cable of your TX stick that causes the glitching?
I did not consider that issue becasuse with my FM Module I did not have the problem,,
Old Apr 07, 2010, 09:00 PM
Stress Be Gone
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,401 Posts
Doesn't the 9Z use some strange PPM signal train unlike any other transmitters. I believe those trying HiTec modules in the 9Z had problems because of it.
GBR2 is offline Find More Posts by GBR2
Old Apr 08, 2010, 07:19 PM
Eden Prairie, MN
Joined May 2008
332 Posts
For those of you interested, Himodel has stock of the 4 and 8 channel receivers again. I placed my order yesterday for 2 each. get 'em while they're hot!
C
Beau0090_99 is offline Find More Posts by Beau0090_99
Old Apr 10, 2010, 07:34 AM
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Apr 2010
7 Posts
My first 2.4 module

I got my set a few days ago from Extreme RC in Melbourne, Australia; excellent value at AUD 117 for TX module and two 8 channel receivers. Very plain packaging, prompt mail order response. The Tx module fits easily in my old FF7 no problem. Binding was simple and straight forward everything seems to work OK on the bench. I initially had troble getting the TX module to fit into my 9CAP. The pins didn't seem to line up. However after some gentle fiddling and persuasion it did slip in OK. The pins on the newer 9CAP are quite rigid compared with the 15 year old FF7 that has got a bit of slop in it. One reservation I have is that it might be a bit too easy to set the Tx into reduced power for a preflight range test and then accidently leave it on that setting for the flight (1/10 power)

I am looking forward to an airtest soon in an electric model. At this stage I will probably set the FF7 up as a permanent 2.4 unit and keep the 9CAP for 36MHz. The clincher for me was that this FrSky has been approved by the Aussie MAAA and has the "C-tick" compliance required for safe operation downunder!
Jungmeister10 is offline Find More Posts by Jungmeister10