SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 23, 2013, 08:30 PM
Joined Jul 2012
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerdog View Post
Tarot zyx + ER450 question. When I connect the servos I connect them to the zyx like this.

Ch1 -> Ail ( bottom, right looking from tail)
Ch2 -> Ele ( front )
Ch3 -> Pit ( top, left looking from tail )

Swash = 120
Is that right?
If you are replacing the stock rx And tx, then pit and ail don't matter. hook it up any way you like. can all be fixed on the TX later
minbari is offline Find More Posts by minbari
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2013, 11:04 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,169 Posts
I have one of these I got in a trade. See no sign its was flown. Exceed 6 ch and assume not to good. I now fly Quads/ 4 ch F/P/ FBL 4 ch F/P and recently flying Mcp-x/ Genius c/p. Also have G/P 6.0 sim. Right now just want to give it a try and llater install Spectrum RX/RX. Also replace plastic geared sevos. I learned to fly in hi-rates as found turning down contriols was getting me into more trouble. No 3D as I have better for later, just want to fly a bigger heli and been flying helis/ quad for a year.
Looking ar radio it has FS-CT6A isn't that old flysky model ? Could this be compatable to T9X ? I see no servo reverse ?
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Last edited by dankar04; Mar 05, 2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 03:34 PM
United States, WY, Wheatland
Joined Nov 2010
23 Posts
Stuck a hobby king wing cam on the under side of my erazor 450. Took it pretty easy this time. wasn't sure if it would fling off or not.

Dynam Erazor 450 cam March 7 2013 (3 min 1 sec)
dmount76 is offline Find More Posts by dmount76
Old Mar 11, 2013, 05:53 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,053 Posts
See, this forum is not just fun it's educational, too: if anyone ever asks me what the principle crop is in Wheatland, I can now tell them with confidence: ROCKS!

Good fun, thanks for sharing! I think you might be able to mount the camera on a gel pad or other shock absorber and get even cleaner vid output.

I love putting the camera on my various flying machines, have not done enough of it lately -- so maybe this week, I'll try to catch up!

Here is a vid of me trying out my Kalt Whisper this morning, posted on another thread. Taken using my 'glasses cam' - select HD 720p for best viewing:

kalt_whisper_first_circuits (3 min 27 sec)
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Mar 11, 2013, 09:54 PM
Joined Nov 2010
23 Posts
nice tracknoob! Hey, you gave me an idea.... anyone want to buy some rocks? Maybe I'll put some on ebay and see how they do. Ha!

I'll try and fasten the camera on better next time and get some smoother video.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 05:44 AM
Taming the "fling-wing"
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Jan 2012
59 Posts
Heli Video

Hi guys, been a while since I last flown my Razor, but I still regularly drop by and see what's up in Razor-land!

When I saw dmount76's vid I thought I just had to do a "me too, me too"

Unfortunately the vid was not from my e-Razor but rather from my Mini Titan, but they are both the same size and I often mounted my GoPro underneath my e-Razor (had to extend the skid height though, but on the Mini Titan the skids have enough clearance):

Mini Titan E325 with GoPro - no FPV yet (4 min 56 sec)

Noob, speaking of "principle crop"...

Happy flying!
HeliJLK is offline Find More Posts by HeliJLK
Old Mar 17, 2013, 12:07 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliJLK View Post
Hi guys, been a while since I last flown my Razor, but I still regularly drop by and see what's up in Razor-land!

When I saw dmount76's vid I thought I just had to do a "me too, me too"

Unfortunately the vid was not from my e-Razor but rather from my Mini Titan, but they are both the same size and I often mounted my GoPro underneath my e-Razor (had to extend the skid height though, but on the Mini Titan the skids have enough clearance):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUf-79YMitg

Noob, speaking of "principle crop"...

Happy flying!
Good stuff. Now I'll have to take my own Minititan Cobra out and get some footage, too!

BTW, can't believe I did a 'principle' vs 'principal' screw up -- I used to be soooo smart....

tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:22 PM
Joined Nov 2010
23 Posts
Very nice HeliJKL! your flying and editing skills are commendable!

Pretty sweet locations too.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 01:17 AM
Taming the "fling-wing"
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Jan 2012
59 Posts
Thanks! I need to get my Razor back in the air; have a niggling tail issue to sort out. When I heard your bird spooling up in your vid I couldn't help but miss the Razor; it has such a distinctive sound. I fly a number of helis but only the Razor has that distinctive "angry grinding" spool-up sound!
HeliJLK is offline Find More Posts by HeliJLK
Old Mar 18, 2013, 01:08 PM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Oct 2011
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliJLK View Post
Thanks! I need to get my Razor back in the air; have a niggling tail issue to sort out. When I heard your bird spooling up in your vid I couldn't help but miss the Razor; it has such a distinctive sound. I fly a number of helis but only the Razor has that distinctive "angry grinding" spool-up sound!
I have ER for over a year now. Tried FF only twice. Total flight number is about 90. The thing prevent me enjoying this ER is it seems have a lot of issues to dealing with. Any of these issues if not addressed ahead of time, it WILL guarantee a crash in midflight. Everyone in this thread contributed and discussed these issues in the past. There is one issue that I cannot find a solution. Yes, it in the tail. At least in my case, every roughly 10 flights, the tail blade holder will pop off. If you replace the stock M2x5 with longer screw and loctite, say M2x8, the shank of the screw will shear off. See the post by pullup!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2815

If you keep the stock M2x5 screw and loctite, it will pop off or get loose. I have changed tail holder housing so many times but it still follow that 10-flights-popoff rule. Tail seems behave ok/no vibration within that 10 flights. Any idea?
GTstrudl is offline Find More Posts by GTstrudl
Old Mar 20, 2013, 06:20 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTstrudl View Post
If you keep the stock M2x5 screw and loctite, it will pop off or get loose. I have changed tail holder housing so many times but it still follow that 10-flights-popoff rule. Tail seems behave ok/no vibration within that 10 flights. Any idea?
This subject has been covered several times on this form.
If the tail blades hit, or even touch, anything it's best to check the locking screw, as it will most likely come loose.
dsobbe is offline Find More Posts by dsobbe
Old Mar 20, 2013, 06:35 PM
Joined Oct 2011
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsobbe View Post
This subject has been covered several times on this form.
If the tail blades hit, or even touch, anything it's best to check the locking screw, as it will most likely come loose.
Thanks. It seems a year passed, the only thing haven't changed is my landing skill.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 08:14 AM
United States, GA, Peachtree City
Joined May 2012
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTstrudl View Post
Thanks. It seems a year passed, the only thing haven't changed is my landing skill.
Just cheat like I do. Fit it with 500 skids and tubes and the problem will mostly go away.

You will want to drill, slightly wider, holes in the skids and use socket screws and nuts to hold them on. I chose not to do this and recently got a TRex 500. Once I saw how they were supposed to fit I decided to re-fit mine.
Spinnerdog is offline Find More Posts by Spinnerdog
Old Mar 21, 2013, 10:22 AM
Joined Oct 2011
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerdog View Post
Just cheat like I do. Fit it with 500 skids and tubes and the problem will mostly go away.

You will want to drill, slightly wider, holes in the skids and use socket screws and nuts to hold them on. I chose not to do this and recently got a TRex 500. Once I saw how they were supposed to fit I decided to re-fit mine.
Can you tell me T-Rex 500 skid is how much wider (and taller) than ER stock skid? When I started flying ER, I hard landing a lot without knowing shut down throttle would give a unknown negative rotor pitch (used stock TX back then). So I overstock spare skids and overpractice landing. That might explain why I experienced so many tail rotor holder pop off issue as dsobbe posted earlier.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 10:51 AM
Joined Jul 2012
379 Posts
About 2" wider and 1" taller. Helped me allot with take off and landing
minbari is offline Find More Posts by minbari