724 Posts
Barry shows a green one in stock...
racedouge1 is offline Find More Posts by racedouge1
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2014, 11:49 AM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
Joined Jul 2007
3,096 Posts
Took the snipe out to a local club contest - I was kind of scared to fly it and potentially mid air it before the Croatia WC so it stayed on the ground until the conditioned indicated that a super high launch might take the group...

What ended up happening is that i had to cover a LOT of ground (lanuch height didn't hurt this requirement!) to get into something downwind and fairly low - in between sprinkler systems - the bubble was fairly tight and stable and the snipe allowed me to work it and get back in bounds. It was an awesome model to fly.
webbsolution is offline Find More Posts by webbsolution
Old Aug 24, 2014, 12:35 PM
Nick Radle
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined May 2004
1,852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racedouge1 View Post
Barry shows a green one in stock...
I just got off the phone with him. He has pink, and maybe yellow in stock. Notice in that snipit that that was as of 8/12. They sell these pretty fast.
Bodywerks is offline Find More Posts by Bodywerks
Old Aug 24, 2014, 01:14 PM
More Evolution and less Darwin
United States, CO, Golden
Joined Feb 2006
724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodywerks View Post
I just got off the phone with him. He has pink, and maybe yellow in stock. Notice in that snipit that that was as of 8/12. They sell these pretty fast.
I know...My buddy just got it...
Old Aug 24, 2014, 01:42 PM
Nick Radle
Joined May 2004
1,852 Posts
Sweet. I'm already trying to figure out how to fund a second one! I'll probably wait until the next shipment.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 02:20 PM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,677 Posts
He no longer has the yellow one.... Ask me how I know. ;-)
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Aug 24, 2014, 04:26 PM
Will fly for food
Bellevue WA,
Joined Dec 2003
7,104 Posts
Ahh, but he does have an orange one and its mine. He's shipping it tomorrow.
davidjensen is offline Find More Posts by davidjensen
Old Aug 24, 2014, 09:42 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Joined Jan 2000
8,677 Posts
If you look, he updated the inventory today. It now states he has one blue and one pink one in his inventory.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:10 PM
Maurice
Bakersfield, Cal.
Joined Jul 2004
1,101 Posts
Pink is gone
mpodder is offline Find More Posts by mpodder
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:37 PM
More Evolution and less Darwin
United States, CO, Golden
Joined Feb 2006
724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpodder View Post
Pink is gone
It takes a real man to throw a pink plane...
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:17 AM
Nick Radle
Joined May 2004
1,852 Posts
man they're going fast!
Wiz, where did you read that he had only one pink and only one blue? I see "Blue, pinK" in his updated list but didn't think that meant 'only one of each' - although that may very well be the case. I was going to order another one soon, but I might wait until the next shipment.
Last edited by Bodywerks; Aug 25, 2014 at 12:23 AM.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:26 AM
Maurice
Bakersfield, Cal.
Joined Jul 2004
1,101 Posts
Who said the Snipe fest was over
mpodder is offline Find More Posts by mpodder
Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:29 AM
Time for me to Fly...
Joined Jan 2000
8,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodywerks View Post
man they're going fast!
Wiz, where did you read that he had only one pink and only one blue? I see "Blue, pinK" in his updated list but didn't think that meant 'only one of each' - although that may very well be the case. I was going to order another one soon, but I might wait until the next shipment.
Well, give him a call.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:33 AM
Nick Radle
Joined May 2004
1,852 Posts
I got my blue and it has less than 50 launches on it. Barry seemed to imply that he was hopeful that the next shipment would be arriving "shortly". He ordered them several weeks ago, like 6 or so weeks ago if I remember correctly.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 09:05 PM
United States, VA, Lynchburg
Joined Jan 2012
65 Posts
Maiden today!

I made the trip to Oleg's yesterday to pickup my brand new Pink Snipe. Had too much to do yesterday to put it in the air, but slipped out from work early and headed to the field. Now remember, my first DLG was a Libelle, and other than seeing Oleg launch his yesterday in some really windy/turbulent conditions, I had never seen a composite glider other than on YouTube.

Got to the field, and a friend was there with his 7 year old tossing a football. I gently tossed it a couple of times to make sure all the trims were ok, and gave it a really light spin. My friend and son thought it was pretty cool. Since everything seemed to check out, I gave it a big whirl, and as the Pink soared to the heavens, my buddy said "Oh Sh*t"! I thought the same thing as the Snipe headed up, up and away!

What a plane! It was pretty windy today, and not much lift other than the wind, but flight times were usually over a couple of minutes. Longest was over 3! With the Libelle, I did have one flight of 5 minutes but that was when a thermal almost carried it to outer space. Typically those flights were less than 30 seconds--what a change!!

I hope I can realize the potential of this plane. Right now, I am just happy that I have joined the Snipe club, and the glider is more than I ever expected. I know I haven't scratched the surface of this DLG stuff, but it sure is fun. It is a speed demon when let loose, flips and rolls with ease, and stops on a dime.

Thanks to Oleg for a great build--I have never worked with composite materials before and was scared to mess up a high dollar aircraft. Maybe I can build the next one. I am just sorry that I can't go to Olegfest in October--just found out my 40th high school reunion is that weekend. I can't wait to get schooled in a contest...

Looking forward to more tosses and learning something with every one. What a blast!
Malibu LXI is offline Find More Posts by Malibu LXI