SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:40 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor Charter Township
Joined Mar 2012
1,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookeay View Post
I had to go into 40F water to get it....

Man that was some cold forking water. Gezzzzz!
That looks (sounds) like a nice low head speed smooth flying helicopter.

What caused the sudden need to land, low battery?
N8LBV is offline Find More Posts by N8LBV
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:33 PM
Always puts it on the numbers.
United States, AL, Sylacauga
Joined Jul 2012
1,150 Posts
Yes, I run a 2100 20c when I have that much weight on it. I forgot to set my timer and was just having so much fun I forgot. Bat went so fast all I could do was turn it back in and flair just before hitting the water.
Spookeay is offline Find More Posts by Spookeay
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:01 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,383 Posts
IMO, you're brave just flying over water period .

But very cool.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:34 PM
Goooo!!!! Get to da choppa!!!!
United States, NC, Albemarle
Joined Jan 2013
528 Posts
Quote:
IMO, you're brave just flying over water period
Agreed, and in full complimentary fashion. Awesome flying!

I'm a noob to RC, so I want to fly over a foam-filled grassy field and nothing else...
kpinnc is offline Find More Posts by kpinnc
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:44 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor Charter Township
Joined Mar 2012
1,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookeay View Post
Yes, I run a 2100 20c when I have that much weight on it. I forgot to set my timer and was just having so much fun I forgot. Bat went so fast all I could do was turn it back in and flair just before hitting the water.
Awesome!

I like flying at low head speed but it's always windy here, really windy.
I had to learn to fly mine at 85%-100% haha..
Which i gather is good habit anyway, just that it pops like a firecracker on any mistakes involving ground contact. :-)

Nice helicopter and you fly good.
N8LBV is offline Find More Posts by N8LBV
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:16 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpinnc View Post
Agreed, and in full complimentary fashion. Awesome flying!

I'm a noob to RC, so I want to fly over a foam-filled grassy field and nothing else...
Right...!
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:49 PM
Always puts it on the numbers.
United States, AL, Sylacauga
Joined Jul 2012
1,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8LBV View Post
just that it pops like a firecracker on any mistakes involving ground contact. :-)
Econo box of wood blades and a bag of main shafts. That's how I be rollin up in the flying field.

It's all in fun any way. My Trex likes a high head speed or the tail bucks like a bronco. The rest of them, slow and softly puttering, it's easy on battery that way.
Spookeay is offline Find More Posts by Spookeay
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:04 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,383 Posts
My trex pro wags on pitch pumps, or any sudden pitch changes, unless I run a flat tcurve. It might be the spartan ds760 gyro, or a setting... otherwise though it's a whole lot nicer than the detrum gy48v I used to run.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:17 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz View Post
My trex pro wags on pitch pumps, or any sudden pitch changes, unless I run a flat tcurve. It might be the spartan ds760 gyro, or a setting... otherwise though it's a whole lot nicer than the detrum gy48v I used to run.
Mine does exactly the same on the GP780 gyro that was in the package. Like yours running a flat curve eliminates this. The DS760 gyro is awesome, I have one on my Gaui Hurricane 200.
Paul 1968 is offline Find More Posts by Paul 1968
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:31 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,383 Posts
Yeah, I've tried everything else to fix the wag on pitch pumps. Belted or TT it doesn't matter. Could be a tweaker gyro setting (acceleration or something), maybe my somewhat slower ds520 tail servos.

I got a quark recently but I've been lazy at setting it up because I need to do other stuff to my rex too. IMO The quark's wire could've been 1 inch longer and maybe the same gauge wire as the ds760... it barely fits my 450, it would be perfect on a 250 though. The quark is "just a little guy, him no want to get hurt"
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:08 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz View Post
Yeah, I've tried everything else to fix the wag on pitch pumps. Belted or TT it doesn't matter. Could be a tweaker gyro setting (acceleration or something), maybe my somewhat slower ds520 tail servos.

I got a quark recently but I've been lazy at setting it up because I need to do other stuff to my rex too. IMO The quark's wire could've been 1 inch longer and maybe the same gauge wire as the ds760... it barely fits my 450, it would be perfect on a 250 though. The quark is "just a little guy, him no want to get hurt"
Forgot to say slower and somehow weaker? LOL Just kidding. DS520 is just fine. More than fine! I have two on two Protoses (normal and stretch - 425mm and 470mm) and tail is spot on. Different gyro though (ÁBeast) and that machine definitively requires much stronger tail servo than 450 (bigger tail blades for start).

It is definitively worth looking into slip in tail links, gyro mounting (gyro pads) and settings.
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:00 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky View Post
Forgot to say slower and somehow weaker? LOL Just kidding. DS520 is just fine. More than fine! I have two on two Protoses (normal and stretch - 425mm and 470mm) and tail is spot on. Different gyro though (ÁBeast) and that machine definitively requires much stronger tail servo than 450 (bigger tail blades for start).

It is definitively worth looking into slip in tail links, gyro mounting (gyro pads) and settings.
I think it's maybe something in the gyro settings. The ds520 does seem pretty adaquete.