Old Jul 06, 2015, 05:01 AM
Find More Posts by Delorto
Joined Jul 2015
1 Posts
Discussion
Loiter mode

Hey!

I have a quanum nova.

quad works well, but loiter mode does not hold the position. quad moves up, down, back and forth . In short, the loiter mode when it should be at peace,its moves .
When the wind is, is not loiter mode useful .quad tossed in the air .

All functions work perfectly rtl.waypoints ...

What's the problem ?
Delorto is offline Find More Posts by Delorto
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2015, 10:51 AM
Find More Posts by Oldgazer
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Dec 2013
3,071 Posts
The problem is GPS is not magic. Being civilians we do not have access to the high accuracy government and military GPS data.

I'm not sure which flight controller you have, but I have an APM 2.6 and a Pixhawk, both with GPS. Sitting in my work room with either aircraft connected to my PC, I can open Mission Planner and watch the aircraft drift on the screen.

As far as RTL goes, both of my aircraft will land within 5 feet or so of the initial launch point. That's good enough for me...
Oldgazer is online now Find More Posts by Oldgazer
Old Jul 06, 2015, 11:51 AM
Find More Posts by fradioflyer
United States, VA, Quinton
Joined Feb 2015
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgazer View Post
Being civilians we do not have access to the high accuracy government and military GPS data.
...and to go along with that, you have the quality of precision as measured by 'hdop'. It's basically a multiplier of the accuracy.

Values of 1 would be ideal, but the best I've seen on my own GPS is 1.5. So, if the accuracy is, say, within 3 meters. The margin of error could be as wide as 4.5m.

Geographic location, time of day, cloud cover, atmospheric conditions all come into play affecting hdop. For myself, if it's not measuring 2.5 or better, I don't fly in or rely upon a GPS-dependent flight mode.
fradioflyer is online now Find More Posts by fradioflyer
Old Jul 06, 2015, 12:40 PM
Find More Posts by rogeriocamorim
Brazil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Jun 2015
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fradioflyer View Post
...and to go along with that, you have the quality of precision as measured by 'hdop'. It's basically a multiplier of the accuracy.

Values of 1 would be ideal, but the best I've seen on my own GPS is 1.5. So, if the accuracy is, say, within 3 meters. The margin of error could be as wide as 4.5m.

Geographic location, time of day, cloud cover, atmospheric conditions all come into play affecting hdop. For myself, if it's not measuring 2.5 or better, I don't fly in or rely upon a GPS-dependent flight mode.
Yesterday with a cloud day almost raining. I wen´t to a quick fly inside a tenis court.
Got 1.9 - 2.7 Hdop
NSat: 7-8

Had some stable loiter just with some ajust to keet him inside de court.
rogeriocamorim is offline Find More Posts by rogeriocamorim