SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:09 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jul 2011
292 Posts
^^^ Wot he said. Except the bit about 15 years. 3 sticks is crazy scary.
cold wombat is offline Find More Posts by cold wombat
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:16 AM
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
3,899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boopidoo View Post
Why would they make something solely for me, have I written that? You are indeed trolling you know that?
You're correct, you didn't state that, but the evidence in this thread shows only you and 1 other think an extra stick is a good idea; everyone else thinks it's a shocker. Continuing to bash away despite the almost complete absence of evidence or supporters in your corner makes you the troll.
Quote:
My OSD is not in any way a telemetry system. by itself. It is in combination with a video transmitter.
That's really just pedantry - you're getting valuable data from the aircraft in your goggles via a telemetry system, yet you made a blanket statement that telemetry was a terrible idea. Which is it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah View Post
One thing I'd consider is a switch that when engaged "locks" the current throttle/rudder position, and remaps the left stick to control camera. That would do it, because there's only one thing to actuate with the hand. Haven't tried it, as to me this is the situation where I'd use a head tracker. Not a cr*ppy one that drifts like crazy though
Excellent idea, and eminently achieveable - all you'd have to do is set up a mix from rudder to pan and throttle to tilt, and apply it to dual flight modes. In normal mode the mix for pan/tilt would have a zero value and the rudder some +ve values, whilst in head track mode the pan/tilt would have +ve values, the mix to rudder would be zero and throttle some mid setting that allows steady state cruise. I have several similar switchable mixes like this in my F3X glider programmes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800 View Post
would you mind taking the discussions on a 3rd stick to another thread please, so we can focus on the 9XR. I've been rc ing for 15 years and still trying to master 2.
Agreed - this is the last time I will be feeding the third stick troll here. Over and out!
MattyB is online now Find More Posts by MattyB
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: EFX Racer
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:44 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2011
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyB View Post
You're correct, you didn't state that, but the evidence in this thread shows only you and 1 other think an extra stick is a good idea; everyone else thinks it's a shocker. Continuing to bash away despite the almost complete absence of evidence or supporters in your corner makes you the troll.

That's really just pedantry - you're getting valuable data from the aircraft in your goggles via a telemetry system, yet you made a blanket statement that telemetry was a terrible idea. Which is it?

Excellent idea, and eminently achieveable - all you'd have to do is set up a mix from rudder to pan and throttle to tilt, and apply it to dual flight modes. In normal mode the mix for pan/tilt would have a zero value and the rudder some +ve values, whilst in head track mode the pan/tilt would have +ve values, the mix to rudder would be zero and throttle some mid setting that allows steady state cruise. I have several similar switchable mixes like this in my F3X glider programmes.

Agreed - this is the last time I will be feeding the third stick troll here. Over and out!
You both have differing opinions but you are both right, because that's what they are, opinions.

Now could you please take it elsewhere, this is getting worse than YouTube!
molond is offline Find More Posts by molond
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:46 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
i love it when posts from the ot police start to outnumber the ones they are complaining about. and of course they have even less to contribute to the topic. "will the REAL troll please stand up..."

my posts are always directly relevant and never frivolous... what...whats that you say? moi? lol!
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:20 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jul 2011
292 Posts
Oh, what a jolly good idea dave. While we're waiting for the release, lets have another game of thread police. Only this time lets mix it up a bit; It's kind of boring when everyone plays on the same old teams. How 'bout we throw dice to see who gets to be the "goodies" or the "baddies"?

Roll a dice and if you get an even number, you're on the (supposedly) "goodies" team- thread police. You have to try and enforce strict posting guidelines without breaking them yourself (Note: you can lose the game if you score too many own goals). Get a "baddies" post edited or deleted and you score for your team.

Roll an odd, and you're one of the "baddies"; You can't do more than 50% on topic posts or you score an own goal. You score goals by goading the "goodies" into fits of self righteous anger and indignation. Any deleted posts automatically count as an own goal for you (which gives two goals to the "goodies" in practice). If you get banned, too bad.

If you don't have a dice handy, here's one: http://www.random.org/dice/?num=1

I got an odd number (on my third roll, but please don't tell anyone) so I'll be on the "baddies" team. So who's up for it?
cold wombat is offline Find More Posts by cold wombat
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:31 PM
Cliff
Australia, QLD, Pacific Paradise
Joined Oct 2011
370 Posts
Quote:
Well let's just say I disagree. I've flown with all those methods and the best is IMO an extra stick, it's also the most relaxing method. Have you tried any of these methods otherwise you're just guessing. With HT you quite often have to re-center which does take away quite a bit of the immersion. Mixing, well to mix let's say pan with rudder does make it really hard if you like to look another way. Without an extra stick I move the camera using pots or pre-defined positions using a 3-pos switch. Another tiny stick would make this a whole lot less taxing, contrary to your post.

Why would they make something solely for me, have I written that? You are indeed trolling you know that? Well I guess I can agree that this radio isn't the best one for this, it's after all a budget solution with the cheapest parts made with as little quality as possible to get it on the market, as most products are these days. I'll probably buy one anyway and make the mods.

My OSD is not in any way a telemetry system. by itself. It is in combination with a video transmitter. Anyway any serious FPVer must make proper rangechecks otherwise they won't get off the ground. Also most FPVers does now a little bit about RFI. The problem with transceivers is that they add a transmitting device in a small space.

Other then the telemetry system adding safety I do agree with you, this is prob the wrong product for that.
I think the solution to your 3rd stick is simple,buy two 9XR radios duct tape them together and now you have your three sticks plus one spare.(bonus)not
16141 is offline Find More Posts by 16141
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:09 PM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,302 Posts
I can't wait for the 9XR to be released so I can get off this thread. What an absolutely useless waste of time.
iskess is online now Find More Posts by iskess
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:15 PM
Registered Adict
Australia, WA, Drummond Cove
Joined Jun 2012
383 Posts
Another happy customer
tignmeg is offline Find More Posts by tignmeg
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:59 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,118 Posts
why you want a 3 stick? for an fpv camera?
you can make an er9x mix to use the left stick as a fpv camera controller
while motor keeps in the last known position.
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:58 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold wombat View Post
You score goals by goading the "goodies" into fits of self righteous anger and indignation. Any deleted posts automatically count as an own goal for you (which gives two goals to the "goodies" in practice). If you get banned, too bad.
LMFAO!

that is exactly how the game works. except banned is not bad. it is the ultimate goal of every troll. elevated to martyrdom to be resurrected on the 7th day (under new id).

personally in addition to entertainment value i find ot drift sometimes very beneficial. for example boopidoos link to those excellent joysticks for a buck and change. ive been looking for something like that for a long time and ordered a dozen. thanks bud.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:47 AM
Joined Jan 2011
416 Posts
seems like a great mod, and I don't use two of the pots anyway, I'll be doing it
npre is offline Find More Posts by npre
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:49 AM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,768 Posts
I've been asking this periodically but haven't seen an answer.

Anyone know anything about model memory or SD card slot capability? Those are major for my needs.
dude_109 is online now Find More Posts by dude_109
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:05 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
no sd. surprising how many insist on $1000 feature for $50 radio.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:17 AM
Joined Mar 2012
365 Posts
On our way to the 17th....
volumax is offline Find More Posts by volumax
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:43 AM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Apr 2012
1,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
no sd. surprising how many insist on $1000 feature for $50 radio.
The FrSky radios are running under $200 and have SD...
acetech09 is offline Find More Posts by acetech09