Old Feb 09, 2016, 11:23 AM
Find More Posts by mac2286
USA, IN, Commiskey
Joined Oct 2007
336 Posts
Welcome Mick.

If this is your first gyro, you would be a lot better off getting one that is a lot easyer to fly and will fly right from the begining. I have one of these and after taking the advice of those here on the forum, I started with something a lot easyer to fly.
Let us know how much and what you have been flying. The AC-10 is not a first gyrocopter. But there are some good easy to fly and build gyros on here that you can learn on and then have a go at the AC-10.

Jimmy
mac2286 is offline Find More Posts by mac2286
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2016, 11:53 AM
Find More Posts by heli-headcase
Multifaceted Heli Nut
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Oct 2004
1,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by midflight View Post
Hi Everyone, just joined and hope to be around a lot now, I've got a AC-10 Gyrocopter 1320mm, with a DX6 hand set, the plane/heli is all put together and I have the following sorted,

throttle in throttle = working correct
rudder in rudder = working correct
aileron on one head servo = works ok
elevator on the other head servo = works ok

how ever the head servos need some type of mix to run together and this is where I haven't got a clue. I have the hand set on an aeroplane program, the servos do move but not together (mix) . I really need a basic lay out for the hand set program for the dx 6 to run this gyrocopter, can anyone help please.

Mick
You need to change the programming in the model wing configuration to Delta or Elevon then play with the values to get the correct direction for each servo. When you're done, pulling back on the elevator will make the rotorhead tilt rearward, moving the roll stick left tilts the rotor left and so on.
heli-headcase is offline Find More Posts by heli-headcase
Old Feb 09, 2016, 11:50 PM
Find More Posts by midflight
Joined Feb 2016
11 Posts
thanks for the reply's guys, the problem I'm having is where do I find the settings on the DX6?
midflight is offline Find More Posts by midflight
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:24 AM
USA, IN, Commiskey
Joined Oct 2007
336 Posts
Quote:
thanks for the reply's guys, the problem I'm having is where do I find the settings on the DX6?
I'm sorry but I don't have a DX6. It should be in the menu where you set up your model. Look for either an elevon, or a delta wing. If you have your manual it is in there. If not you can find it on youtube.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 01:27 AM
Find More Posts by walterriley
Joined Dec 2015
842 Posts
Turn on TX (DX6i)
Press down the scroll wheel on the right this will enter 'adjust list' rotate the scroll wheel until 'set-up' list is highlighted. Press the scroll wheel again & rotate slowly 'till you see the 'wing tail mix' highlighted, press again the scroll wheel, Now you can see a 3 item list for diff wing types IE: Elevon etc. Once yr in there by activating the wing type you will see the rest is straight fwd.

good luck:-)
walterriley is offline Find More Posts by walterriley
Old Feb 11, 2016, 07:18 AM
Joined Dec 2015
842 Posts
Juts pulled the trigger on a AC10 gyro, couldn't resist due being half price!
Only hope I don't wreck the blades !
Old Feb 11, 2016, 09:42 AM
USA, IN, Commiskey
Joined Oct 2007
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walterriley View Post
Juts pulled the trigger on a AC10 gyro, couldn't resist due being half price!
Only hope I don't wreck the blades !
You are going to love it. It is such a good looking model.
Read through this tread and you will find out this one needs some work to get it to fly right. If this is your first gyro, you may want to build one of the trainers and get a handle on flying one. If I had taken mine out when I got it. The first try would have been the end of it.
There are guys on here that know what they are doing and will help you all they can. If you know what you are doing have at it. Either way let us know how it it going.

Jimmy
Old Feb 11, 2016, 04:04 PM
Joined Dec 2015
842 Posts
Hi J.

I have the Auto G, that's fun but vibrates like crazy! I don't have any issues flying a Gyro (been in the hobby 50 yrs), have flown full sized ones as well. This AC10 looked good & at the price fell for it
I think I'll add a pre rotor.

Now to go back thru the thread & see what else I can pick up.
Any spares avail that you know of?
Old Feb 11, 2016, 05:24 PM
Find More Posts by Graham L
Joined Jul 2014
196 Posts
Hi Walter

I got my spares from Modellbau Lindinger in Germany including a prerotator. Other than that maybe the factory. See factory posts at the beginning of the thread. Don't recommend trying to fly in Standard format as blades are too small and do not provide enough lift. See my posts 110 to 133 in this thread + videos. My detailed set up is in post 133 and that worked well for my machine.

Link for Lindinger
https://www.lindinger.at/en/unique-m...ng-3col&page=0

Good Luck !!!

Graham

Graham
Graham L is offline Find More Posts by Graham L
Old Feb 11, 2016, 06:03 PM
Joined Dec 2015
842 Posts
Ok thanks mate for the heads up, this forum is great for that
Old Feb 14, 2016, 02:54 PM
Joined Feb 2016
11 Posts
Ok guys thanks for your help so far , I have now set it elevon , now the mix seams right however , when I move the right stick from left to right the head goes back and fourth and when I move the right stick back and forth the head goes left and right , what's going on there ?
Old Feb 14, 2016, 03:25 PM
Find More Posts by britinoz
Elizabeth South Australia 5113
Joined Nov 2005
2,095 Posts
When you pull back on the elevator ..the head should tilt back.
When you push aileron to the right ..the head should tilt down on the right
You will have to swap the inputs on 2 & 3 and play with the servo reverse to get it running correct.
Just one little bit of advise is that this model is NOT for a beginner.
Chris...
britinoz is offline Find More Posts by britinoz
Last edited by britinoz; Feb 14, 2016 at 03:41 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 12:07 AM
Joined Feb 2016
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by britinoz View Post
When you pull back on the elevator ..the head should tilt back.
When you push aileron to the right ..the head should tilt down on the right
You will have to swap the inputs on 2 & 3 and play with the servo reverse to get it running correct.
Just one little bit of advise is that this model is NOT for a beginner.
Chris...
hi thanks for the ifo, I know what the head should be doing, its just not doing it, I do fly helicopters and have done for a few years this thing is based on aeroplane settings and i'm out of my comfort zone with it a little,

I've change the servo inputs 2 and 3 made no difference at all, I've reversed servos and that just makes it the same but reverse's the throws, although I keep having it pointed out to me that this is not a beginners craft im still not getting the answers I need?
Old Feb 15, 2016, 12:32 AM
USA, IN, Commiskey
Joined Oct 2007
336 Posts
Quote:
hi thanks for the ifo, I know what the head should be doing, its just not doing it, I do fly helicopters and have done for a few years this thing is based on aeroplane settings and i'm out of my comfort zone with it a little,

I've change the servo inputs 2 and 3 made no difference at all, I've reversed servos and that just makes it the same but reverse's the throws, although I keep having it pointed out to me that this is not a beginners craft im still not getting the answers I need?
I had the same problem with my radio. To get it to work I had to set the wing as a standard wing. Then program a mix with the elevator as the master and the aileron as the slave. Then another mix with the aileron as the master and the elevator as the slave. But I don't think you have that much mixing with the DX6.
I just looked at my DX7, it has the delta mix. If your DX6 has it that is what you are looking for. It should be in the wing type, in the model setup.
I hope that is of some help.
Jimmy
Old Feb 15, 2016, 12:39 AM
USA, IN, Commiskey
Joined Oct 2007
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walterriley View Post
Turn on TX (DX6i)
Press down the scroll wheel on the right this will enter 'adjust list' rotate the scroll wheel until 'set-up' list is highlighted. Press the scroll wheel again & rotate slowly 'till you see the 'wing tail mix' highlighted, press again the scroll wheel, Now you can see a 3 item list for diff wing types IE: Elevon etc. Once yr in there by activating the wing type you will see the rest is straight fwd.

good luck:-)
Mick, did you try these steps. The elevon should work.