Old Dec 21, 2015, 03:01 PM
Find More Posts by DeeCee 57
Life's short - Enjoy!
Zurich, Switzerland
Joined Nov 2009
745 Posts
great guys, that now makes 3 of us

On a serious note though, guess the rest of the gang is only too shy to post, no worries...

Rory, great to learn yours been fixed alright and you are still enjoying it. Thanks for your blog that helped me along the build. I already had a couple of glider builds (and plenty of others) under my belt, but it's always good to have a look at what others are doing. A typical example are those no bump e.g. flat and transparent flap servo covers which I shamelessly copied
Actually IMHO it is all what RCG is about, sharing

This Luna (which I bought on a local ebay equivalent reseller) sure is a keeper
DeeCee 57 is offline Find More Posts by DeeCee 57
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2015, 02:04 AM
Find More Posts by RoryG
The Shetland Flyer
United Kingdom, Scotland, Lerwick
Joined Jun 2008
899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCee 57 View Post
great guys, that now makes 3 of us

On a serious note though, guess the rest of the gang is only too shy to post, no worries...

Rory, great to learn yours been fixed alright and you are still enjoying it. Thanks for your blog that helped me along the build. I already had a couple of glider builds (and plenty of others) under my belt, but it's always good to have a look at what others are doing. A typical example are those no bump e.g. flat and transparent flap servo covers which I shamelessly copied
Actually IMHO it is all what RCG is about, sharing

This Luna (which I bought on a local ebay equivalent reseller) sure is a keeper
This thread's been great, I gleaned much of my knowledge from Brendan and others when I was building mine. You're right, it's the sharing spirit of RCG that makes it so good, and the willingness of others to share their experience
RoryG is online now Find More Posts by RoryG
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Aith in Springtime
Old Feb 15, 2016, 08:06 AM
Find More Posts by DeeCee 57
Life's short - Enjoy!
Zurich, Switzerland
Joined Nov 2009
745 Posts
my Luna is still going strong

Went slope soaring last week, whilst we had pretty strong S-Westerlies... 30 gusting to 45kts...

Was interesting to say the least. The slope gave tremendous lift, but the strength of the wind had me struggling to keep the craft moving forward instead of backward
Packed up after about 20 minutes following a successful hover to land. Guess ballasting wouldn't hurt in such conditions, but will keep the Luna as is. I have a 3m Strega in the build that should be better suited and incorporate the option.

Still heartedly recommend that Luna to any soul reading us, she's a good all-rounder and could be had for a good price nowadays.
DeeCee 57 is offline Find More Posts by DeeCee 57