Old Feb 11, 2016, 01:04 PM
Find More Posts by FDR_
Joined May 2011
686 Posts
Best is to look at this instructions:
https://bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue...leInstallation
...because it is maintained to keep it up-to-date.
FDR_ is online now Find More Posts by FDR_
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:03 PM
Find More Posts by notlkk
Joined Oct 2012
449 Posts
8s with Stock FW for Gimbal Control

I don't know if this has been asked before but I can't find any threads on this. Is there any way for me to use one of the trim controls as a dial to control gimbal tilt?

My 8s still has the stock FW.
notlkk is offline Find More Posts by notlkk
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:41 PM
Find More Posts by Apphoard
United States, MD, Silver Spring
Joined Mar 2011
658 Posts
Yes there is I just set my TX up to use the throttle trim as a switch. In the Deviation/Devo10 manual it tells you how to do it (To use a trim as a virtual switch). I think it's page 56, section 10.3. It's in the back of the manual.
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Feb 17, 2016, 01:44 AM
Find More Posts by notlkk
Joined Oct 2012
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard View Post
Yes there is I just set my TX up to use the throttle trim as a switch. In the Deviation/Devo10 manual it tells you how to do it (To use a trim as a virtual switch). I think it's page 56, section 10.3. It's in the back of the manual.
Thanks for the info. Are you referring to the hacked version of FW?
notlkk is offline Find More Posts by notlkk
Old Feb 17, 2016, 07:02 AM
Joined Mar 2011
658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by notlkk View Post
Thanks for the info. Are you referring to the hacked version of FW?

Yes, DeviationTX.com
Old Feb 17, 2016, 03:38 PM
Find More Posts by sbstnp
Deviant
Australia, NSW
Joined Jul 2012
1,345 Posts
Just to clear something up:

Deviation IS NOT a hacked version of the original firmware. It is a separate project, developed completely from ground up.

Quoting the website:
Quote:
Deviation is a replacement firmware designed primarily for the Walkera DevoŽ series RC Transmitters. While Deviation is heavily influenced both by the Walkera DEVO8 firmware as well as by the Flysky/Turnigy based ER9X firmware, it has been written completely from scratch to be easily portable and extensible.

The supported transmitters are the DEVO 6/6S/7E/8/8S/10/12/12S/F7*/F12E*
sbstnp is offline Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Feb 22, 2016, 04:43 PM
Joined Mar 2011
658 Posts
Anyone have a idea, how I would set a switch to give me like 20% up on my elevons? For hand launching my delta wing, so I don't have to hold back on the elevator.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 01:14 PM
Find More Posts by supermario123456
Joined Nov 2015
5 Posts
I have just done this here's my model.ini
You basically just put to mixer on your elevator channel. The first one is your normal for the stick input. The second one has as source the switch, as function addition and as curve min/max. with the scale you can configure how much up/down you want to have. You just have to make sure the offset is always the same as your scale. (Can't explain why but it works like this)
supermario123456 is online now Find More Posts by supermario123456
Old Mar 06, 2016, 04:20 PM
Find More Posts by ZamBeZi
The Hague, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2006
328 Posts
I don't know if this has been asked before but I couldn't find the answers I was looking for.

First: I've been using Deviation for a couple of years now for some small Walkera heli's and a Parkzone T-28. I'm still using Deviation 3.0.

My son got a Syma X13 as a present, and I would like to fly it also with my Devo 6S. Primarily as an test, but also to have more small, cheap quadcopter-stuff in the future.

A few questions:
- what module do I have to buy? which vendor has the best one?
- do I need to select in the software which module will be used per model, or do these modules always transmit (at the same time)?
- do I need to upgrade to 4.0 or a nightly built?
- can I leave the antenna in the case of my Devo 6S? I hate to drill a hole, and I don't need much range for a X13 of similar...

Thanks for the replies!
ZamBeZi is offline Find More Posts by ZamBeZi
Old Mar 06, 2016, 05:53 PM
Joined Mar 2011
658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario123456 View Post
I have just done this here's my model.ini

You basically just put to mixer on your elevator channel. The first one is your normal for the stick input. The second one has as source the switch, as function addition and as curve min/max. with the scale you can configure how much up/down you want to have. You just have to make sure the offset is always the same as your scale. (Can't explain why but it works like this)

Thanks for the info Supermario. 👍🏻
Old Mar 06, 2016, 06:03 PM
Joined Mar 2011
658 Posts
Walkera DEVO Tx Hacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZamBeZi View Post
I don't know if this has been asked before but I couldn't find the answers I was looking for.

First: I've been using Deviation for a couple of years now for some small Walkera heli's and a Parkzone T-28. I'm still using Deviation 3.0.

My son got a Syma X13 as a present, and I would like to fly it also with my Devo 6S. Primarily as an test, but also to have more small, cheap quadcopter-stuff in the future.

A few questions:

- do I need to select in the software which module will be used per model, or do these modules always transmit (at the same time)?

- can I leave the antenna in the case of my Devo 6S? I hate to drill a hole, and I don't need much range for a X13 of similar...

Thanks for the replies!

You need the NRF24L01 module for the Syma X13. This is the one a bunch of us have used.
http://www.banggood.com/DEVO-Transmi...2-p-89812.html

For each model yes you need to select what protocol the model is going to use. A lot of us have left the antennas inside the case and have no range problems. I think I Had to use a nightly build and some other build combined to get all the protocols in my Devo 7e with the NRF24L01 and A7105 modules.
There is a lot of info on DeviationTX.com, about what model uses what module and protocol.
Old Mar 06, 2016, 07:10 PM
Find More Posts by ltwvince
tHe n00b
Malaysia
Joined May 2015
571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZamBeZi View Post

A few questions:

Thanks for the replies!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard View Post
You need the NRF24L01 module for the Syma X13. This is the one a bunch of us have used.
http://www.banggood.com/DEVO-Transmi...2-p-89812.html

For each model yes you need to select what protocol the model is going to use. A lot of us have left the antennas inside the case and have no range problems. I think I Had to use a nightly build and some other build combined to get all the protocols in my Devo 7e with the NRF24L01 and A7105 modules.
There is a lot of info on DeviationTX.com, about what model uses what module and protocol.
Just to add on to what Apphoard mentioned, you need to have at least 1 module NRF24L01 installed. The antenna you can leave inside the TX, there shouldn't be any range issue for flying up to 100 meters easily. You won't able you see your X13 anyway.

Just break the antenna plastic housing that comes with the NRF module and shrink wrap it.

You will need 4.0 built at least.
ltwvince is offline Find More Posts by ltwvince
Old Mar 07, 2016, 02:11 AM
Find More Posts by Mike Meyer
United States, OK, Goldsby
Joined Jul 2012
929 Posts
For small quads, the NRF24L01 is the critical module. The other modules (A7105, CC2500 and the built-in CYRF module) tend to be used for only a few protocols, but the are popular hobby-grade protocols with stand-alone Rx's (FlylSky, FrSky and DSMx).

If you're using a 6S, there are a couple of hardware tweaks that have recently been discovered/supported. In particular, you can add the TRIM_L and TRIM_R trim buttons from the 8/10/12. You can also add the missing two-way switches from the 8/10. or a 3-way switch, or you can sacrifice one of the two-way switches to control a third extra RF module. I've got three extra rf modules with PCB antennas in mine, as I use it mostly for flying things indoors.
Mike Meyer is offline Find More Posts by Mike Meyer
Old Mar 07, 2016, 04:06 PM
Find More Posts by ZamBeZi
The Hague, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2006
328 Posts
Thanks everyone.
It's been a while since I installed Deviation software, so one more question: the Devo 6s is identical to the 8, so do I need Deviation for the Devo 6 (not labelled as 6s) or the Devo 8?
ZamBeZi is offline Find More Posts by ZamBeZi
Old Mar 07, 2016, 04:06 PM
Find More Posts by RoboHeli
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
5,278 Posts
Whatever you ultimately decide to do, definitely consider upgrading to version 4 of the firmware. I once had my Devo 10 on firmware 3.0 reboot while a Walkera V120D02s was in flight. Ended up crashing badly. I haven't had a problem with version 4.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member