HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:48 PM
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
That was it. Of course right after I post my Q I finally did the right Google search and found the answer. The gears were not fully attached to the post. Tightened the screws and it took right off. Thanks all!
moneytrain8 is offline Find More Posts by moneytrain8
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:50 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,469 Posts
Im glad i could help... lol
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:04 PM
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
Help on Double horse 9053

Hello all

First I am a newbie, so honestly dont know much. I got an Double horse 9053 as a gift. I've always wanted to get into RC just never had good timing till now. So I opened and followed the directions. I charged the battery for 180 mins. I checked the heli out to make sure nothing looked broken or bent. Now I took it out side and turned it on. The heli would not assend. Just spun on the ground in circles. I had it full throttle and not once it picked up from the ground. I watched some youtube videos and it looks so simple. I also tried to research the web and thats how I found this group. Hopefully someone can help me. I thank you in advance.

Dom
Dompags10 is offline Find More Posts by Dompags10
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:18 PM
United Kingdom, England, York
Joined Aug 2012
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dompags10 View Post
Hello all

First I am a newbie, so honestly dont know much. I got an Double horse 9053 as a gift. I've always wanted to get into RC just never had good timing till now. So I opened and followed the directions. I charged the battery for 180 mins. I checked the heli out to make sure nothing looked broken or bent. Now I took it out side and turned it on. The heli would not assend. Just spun on the ground in circles. I had it full throttle and not once it picked up from the ground. I watched some youtube videos and it looks so simple. I also tried to research the web and thats how I found this group. Hopefully someone can help me. I thank you in advance.

Dom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Sounds like a problem i heard about where there is something not tightend on the inner shaft... I would need to have a look at mine to see the exact part i'm talking about, but if you hold the gears and can spin the blades then something is not tightend correctly. (i think.... Its been a while sence i've used this heli)

there is a vid on youtube where a guy uses a pin and some wire and glue to fix the problem. It has something to do with the upper/inner shaft.
2 posts above yours! This would be the first thing I would check, but like kdean I've not flown this one for a while
col1n is offline Find More Posts by col1n
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:24 PM
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by col1n View Post
2 posts above yours! This would be the first thing I would check, but like kdean I've not flown this one for a while
Thank you I will have to take a look at it. Will update soon. I appreciate you taking your time to show me this.
Dompags10 is offline Find More Posts by Dompags10
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:51 AM
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
Hey all - just joined this forum today.

I have 2 9053's, and am in the process of modding them now. Only problem I keep running in to is anyone that has the tail rotor blades is in Hong Kong or China. I already tried one vendor in Hong Kong....shipment never made it here (Pennsylvania, USA).

Alas - I was wondering if anyone knows if they make metal gears for the input shafts? What keeps happening on mine - the gear on the top (controls the lower blade) - there are 2 screws that secure it to the shaft. The plastic around those two screws keeps cracking (i've been through 3 gears in a little over 3 days) and I end up with the "no lift" situation.

I tried using a bigger screw and some super glue - only to realize I'd have to use bigger screws on both sides (as it ended up unbalancing the gear). Rather than keep fooling with this and having to buy gears from Xheli.com every other day, do they make metal gears?
Drummerdude82 is offline Find More Posts by Drummerdude82
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:57 PM
Joined Dec 2012
1 Posts
Is it charging?

Hi all -

I just bought this helicopter and it seems great, but I have only used it one day. Now I am trying to charge and the green light on the charger hasn't come on. The manual says it needs to charge 3 hrs (wow!). Manual also states the green light should be on when charging - it doesn't seem to be coming on. Am i just impatient? Is there in issue?
Thanks in advance for feedback. Ill keep searching for more answers.
jawa1975 is offline Find More Posts by jawa1975
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:23 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1 Posts
Help please!

Hi,

like other respondents...I'm having trouble with my heli and can't wade through 109 pages!

I'd appreciate some help from the veterans out there - I have a Doublehorse 9052, the instructions don't really make sense to me as they are translated poorly from Chinese.

So...it lifts off fine, throttle is set fine. The heli rotates both left or right, and forward or back with no other control pressed.

I've tried amending the trim controls on the controller, but can't trim out...and can see no correlation between adjustments and what the heli does - hence one time it spins left, then the next right, or even more to the left....I can't get to the point where it is trimmed out. Same for forward and back.

Is there anyone with experience who can help? Can you send me a link to any videos explaining the trimming process (all the youtube 'Doublehorse' videos I searched just came up with ppl flying them, not explaining).

The instructions make mention of adjusting something on the circuitboard, rather than controller, but I can't see anything to adjust!

Yours, very confused!

Any help for a newbie gratefully received!

Brit Jim
Britjim is offline Find More Posts by Britjim
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:50 AM
Joined Feb 2012
3 Posts
Britjim,
For forward/ backward drift, use modelling clay in the nose. Usually the issue is backwards drift. You can loosen items on the tail shaft and adjust them accordingly also. Hope this helps.
dcwilson is offline Find More Posts by dcwilson
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:51 PM
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
Rotors won't turn

I received the Volitation as a gift for Christmas. I have never had an RC Heli before and I'm very green in this hobby. I took care to read everything before taking it out for its first flight. Full battery charge and got familiar with the controls, etc. On first test flight outside I took it slowly working the power level on multiple attempts getting used to the feel until finally lifting off. I flew her probably a dozen times just practicing control and landing. Then started to set the trims for better control. Last flight resulted in a low level crash in a flower bed and tip over. Called it a day and went for a recharge and to read up some more. Second flight and the motor wont fully engage the rotors. The rotors are not getting sustained power. They "jump" with throttle input but never make a full rotation. If I find the "sweet spot" in the control I can get them to "jump" repeatedly but they don't get power beyond a milisecond. Consequently I'm not flying. I've gone through the proper start up sequence of what to turn on first and where to have my trims set, put the battery on recharge again but still the same result. Anyone have any advice on what is going on and what to check? Thanks,
r6racer is offline Find More Posts by r6racer
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:25 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,469 Posts
Sounds like you got some loose screws somewhere. Check the main gears, collars, and shafts. Welcome to the hobby by the way. I also recieved a volitation for xmas two years ago. I now have invested thousands in bigger better helis, and my wife (who bought me the volitation) now hates rc helis and regrets ever buying me that first one.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:34 AM
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
Thanks Kdean. I should have given a clearer picture of whats 'NOT" happening. I'm not even hearing the motor spin up or seeing the gears turn except for the little "jump" of power. Its like it gets a millisecond of command to throttle up and then completely shuts down. Almost like the signal from the controller gets interrupted unless I hit one little spot. And even then it doesn't last.
r6racer is offline Find More Posts by r6racer
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:18 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,469 Posts
Ohhh... That sounds like a more complex problem. Are you sure the batteries are charged? Did you bind with heli properly? You might have to take a close look at your pcm board. There might be a loose connection somewhere or a solder point that is no longer fully connected.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:22 PM
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Sounds like a problem i heard about where there is something not tightend on the inner shaft... I would need to have a look at mine to see the exact part i'm talking about, but if you hold the gears and can spin the blades then something is not tightend correctly. (i think.... Its been a while sence i've used this heli)

there is a vid on youtube where a guy uses a pin and some wire and glue to fix the problem. It has something to do with the upper/inner shaft.
Hi all,

I received the Volitation for Christmas as well and I am an amateur when it comes to RC.

I'm having a similar problem with mine, although the top set of blades are not spinning at all (the blades that touch the metal balance bar). The bottom set of blades spin perfectly, but it's frustrating to see that all they do is hit the dormant top blades. If tightening something is the case, what exactly needs to be tightened? I apologize if this question was asked already, I know this thread is 109 pages long now. :-)
Intrinsic26 is offline Find More Posts by Intrinsic26
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:13 PM
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
Replace balance bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakkArduino View Post
@smokes...

How do you remove and replace the balance bar? Mine is pretty well bent up.

I also notice with the 9053, there is very little you can do to control forward and reverse motion.
I found that xheli.com is a great resource for parts. U tube has some great modifications that can be done to improve the response of the forward and reverse movement as well as blade strike and balance bar strike problems.
rvanmet is offline Find More Posts by rvanmet