SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 01, 2004, 07:55 PM
Been There! Done That!
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
What I bought for my BD today.

Well I really didn't intend to buy anything right away with my BD loot but when I started flying electrics and quit fuel one of my first planes was the Sunny Boy. And I loved it as it was a great relaxing flyer and reminded me of some of the old timers except in foam. Then my number 3 son when he was learning got cocky with it and did 2 loops a 1/2 mistake high and the last one became a 1/2 a loop and disinegrated the poor thing. I glued it back together as best I could but it looked so bad I scrapped it soon after! So I ordered one to put the MP Jet in. Then I made the mistake of reading the TM 400 thread and yep I ordered one of those with the necessary flight gear also but until I fly it stock I won't upgrade to brushless as I've had good luck with the 400 motors and I like TM's to fly like the real thing not vertical! You would think on a guys BD the weather would be great for flying well sun came out and I was about to go fly and the wind kicked up to 25mph+ so I went back to covering the Attitude!
boomer
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2004, 08:03 PM
All Your Base Are Belong
City Island
Joined Dec 2003
24 Posts
Happy Birthday boomer.

Best to you, and hope the wind lays down soon.
Steven_S is offline Find More Posts by Steven_S
Old Mar 01, 2004, 08:42 PM
KLH
Pack Rat
Hayward CA / Valley Springs CA USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,779 Posts
Happy Birthday (again) Good choices. Great way to spend some of the $$. I also picked up one of the TM400s a couple of weeks back, but have just started to put it together today. Looks good! Nice fit on the parts. I will fly it with the 400 motor until it gives up which may not take to long because I'll use one of my 3s 1500 lipos packs in it. When that goes I've got a Mega that I'll put in it.

Kern
KLH is offline Find More Posts by KLH
Old Mar 01, 2004, 08:54 PM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by KLH
Happy Birthday (again) Good choices. Great way to spend some of the $$. I also picked up one of the TM400s a couple of weeks back, but have just started to put it together today. Looks good! Nice fit on the parts. I will fly it with the 400 motor until it gives up which may not take to long because I'll use one of my 3s 1500 lipos packs in it. When that goes I've got a Mega that I'll put in it.

Kern
You won't hurt the motor at all with that pack as long as you use the supplied prop or go to the 10 X 4.7 either will give you about 17oz of thrust at under 12A.
boomer
Old Mar 02, 2004, 12:19 AM
It's the last plane honey
Granite Bay, CA USA
Joined Jul 2003
2,133 Posts
Happy B-Day Boomer! Any day's a good day if you can fly or build. I'm trying to find the time, but between work, the kids, and all their activities.......looking forward to retirement .

Andy
SlowRider is offline Find More Posts by SlowRider
Old Mar 02, 2004, 12:38 AM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Thanks everyone for the BD wishes. Andy the important thing is to retire with enough money to enjoy your retirement! It's true it doesn't buy happiness but nice to buy the things that make you happy. Long as I can still build and fly and we have our health..... life is good! Of course I look at the hangar once in a while and think "why in the heck am I building still another plane???"
boomer
Old Mar 02, 2004, 12:46 AM
Detroit Lakes, MN
Joined Aug 2003
580 Posts
Happy Birthday Boomer!!

I hope it's a good one...best wishes...

Now let's seeeee....was it 36 this year, or 37?

Bob
P-51 fan is offline Find More Posts by P-51 fan
Old Mar 02, 2004, 07:32 PM
Joined Jan 2002
6,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by boomerace
... important thing is to retire with enough money to enjoy your retirement! It's true it doesn't buy happiness but nice to buy the things that make you happy...
Happy birthday, Boomer! You've done it right, over the years.

I know the feeling.

- RD
RD Blakeslee is offline Find More Posts by RD Blakeslee
Old Mar 02, 2004, 10:09 PM
Sandy Eggo
Joined Oct 2003
34 Posts
Happy Birthday Boomer. And thanks for all the help you have given everyone!
socalmark is offline Find More Posts by socalmark