Flash English firmware from first page.
vlad_vy is offline Find More Posts by vlad_vy
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 04:04 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,966 Posts
My 308DUO purchased in May died today. I was charging to storage, two 1550mah 6S batteries at 3A each, when suddenly there was a flash and a huge cloud of smoke. Firmware was v2.15.

Timing couldn't be worse. Is there a method to return this unit to Junsi's factory for repair? It would probably be easier than going through Amain Hobbies, from here in New Zealand.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Today, 04:44 AM
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Jan 2012
1,090 Posts
New iCharger 4010DUO, 308DUO & 406DUO Have Been Released!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
My 308DUO purchased in May died today. I was charging to storage, two 1550mah 6S batteries at 3A each, when suddenly there was a flash and a huge cloud of smoke. Firmware was v2.15.

Timing couldn't be worse. Is there a method to return this unit to Junsi's factory for repair? It would probably be easier than going through Amain Hobbies, from here in New Zealand.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Please clarify if your charger was under process of "charging" or "discharging" to storage when it blew.
czorzella is online now Find More Posts by czorzella
Old Today, 05:53 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,966 Posts
Charging. Both at 3 amps at the time. I'd only started the storage charge a short while before it happened, so I was still watching it. Nothing unusual until it happened. I've done the same thing many times before, with the same batteries.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Today, 07:18 AM
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Jan 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Charging. Both at 3 amps at the time. I'd only started the storage charge a short while before it happened, so I was still watching it. Nothing unusual until it happened. I've done the same thing many times before, with the same batteries.
Not that it matters because, the iCharger is supposed to accomplish both of these tasks with ease, I may be wrong here, but I've got an impression that there is a higher rate of failures that occurs during the discharge phase.
czorzella is online now Find More Posts by czorzella