HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:43 PM
Balsa builder and balsa basher
Joined Apr 2012
683 Posts
Help!
Is it over? Turnigy 9x

hey guys i recently bought a turnigy 9x not the turnigy 9xr and accidentally pulled out the thin wire shown in the image below. ( pulled it out of the module) i was just wondering if it would still work or is it just trashed.

Maybe a fix?

thanks for your help

Elliott
RC Trainer plane is offline Find More Posts by RC Trainer plane
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:00 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,480 Posts
Hey RCTP, if you can still get into the back you should be able to solder the wire back in. Just be careful as I think that wire is a wire within a wire similar to a wire for a wifi antenna.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:07 PM
Balsa builder and balsa basher
Joined Apr 2012
683 Posts
long time no see dedstik hows things? the cable is almost transparent and i dont think its made of a metal. But i will look into it
RC Trainer plane is offline Find More Posts by RC Trainer plane
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:39 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
i think that is the antenna wire ? this video shows a guy removing that to install a different module,no big deal man http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...249682f4156675
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:24 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,480 Posts
Pretty good, just catching up with Tom Baker Dr Who episodes.

Hows the plane build? Finished it?
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:33 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
8,998 Posts
The module is connected via that wire to the stub antena in the main body. The Turnigy is the only radio that has this.
Many people actually remove that module, lead and antena to fit the FrSky Module and Rx combo's. The FrSky is one of the best Freq. agile and rejection systems available ...

I founded the FlySky users group - the Turnigy is a rebadged FlySky and more info can be got there ...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/

If you wish to continue with the standard FlySky module ... the lead will need to re-soldered to re-connect to antena.

Nigel
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife