Old Jul 17, 2011, 03:51 PM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,608 Posts
Discussion
RC Kite supplies

Hi all,

Looking to find a good company to buy CF rods, sail fabric, glue, etc from. Any recommendations? I saw a few places like RC Foam.com and Into the Wind, a kite company. A other ones out there that are recommended?

I like some of the designs out there like the Nutball and similar. I'm a traditional RC guy so a lot of the CF Rod building will be slightly new and I don't typically fly small slow fliers but I'm sure the night flying angle would really make it fun for me.

I am aware of the company from Singapore. I really like their designs however their designs are about double what I'd consider paying, at least, for a RTF offering. This in my estimation is something I can make myself for less than 1/4 of what they are asking I'm sure. Is there any other RC savvy kit design that would be good for night flying that you guys could recommend?
Eddie P is online now Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2011, 05:42 PM
Joined Nov 2009
38 Posts
Kite materials?

Eddie
Try kitebuilder . com for ripstop, rods and tubes.
From your post I am not sure what you want to build or buy.
Try being specific and maybe some one can be of help.
If you want to build a RC kite for night flying, send me a message and I will give details on what I have built from scratch and flown at night (very low cost, assuming you have Tx, Rx and a motor).
nvmike is offline Find More Posts by nvmike
Last edited by nvmike; Jul 17, 2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 06:22 PM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,608 Posts
Thanks! That's what I'm after, a night flying kite, similar to what the guys are doing in Singapore but build by me for a lot less I'll PM.

I saw the "sticky" in the list of threads but there is not a lot of feedback on who is getting good service from some of these vendors. There are a ton of places to buy from in general but I like to see some feedback when it's available when I'm new to a "certain area" of the hobby.
Eddie P is online now Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 29, 2012, 09:37 AM
Joined Sep 2009
19 Posts
Hi there I would like to know if you wouldn't mind sending me some of the info on the r/c kite you built , I fly quad copters,airplanes (gliders) mainly, rockets and I have several different styles of kites from small to LArge parafoils,and some delta wings also,I have some extra R/C stuff laying around and I would like to start a R/c kite, sounds cool and fun. Thank You-
Steve in PA.
black42799 is offline Find More Posts by black42799
Old Mar 22, 2012, 03:48 AM
Joined Mar 2012
1 Posts
Hi,
I am designing a kiteboat. I have alredy built two boats, and am a kitesurfer. Do not know much about R/C kites, which I need for my design. Do you mind sending me info on RC kites. I was thinking of RC stepper motor solution with varying speed. Do you have alternative solutions? Thanks Tomek
Tomek_SA is offline Find More Posts by Tomek_SA