SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 10, 2014, 04:19 PM
Canada, QC, La Baie
Joined Mar 2011
461 Posts
Discussion
How to remove plastic cover for female servo connector?

Hello, i have a few female servo connector and i need to of them to connect them to my FTDI programmer, but i cant manage to remove the plastic cover to expose the 3 pins, i tried to to pull it out but it wont go out, its a bit loose but it cant get out.

Anyone know how i can pull them off? Dont want to break them trying, 5 of them cost me 35$ at local hobby store...

Thanks
insistent is offline Find More Posts by insistent
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2014, 04:31 PM
SSP#1
United States, MO, Louisburg
Joined Apr 2007
609 Posts
I took an exacto knife and slid it down the side where the big part of the connector starts, once it started it split the female part all the way down and popped the female part off the connector off to expose the pins.

Steve
sjgoulet is online now Find More Posts by sjgoulet
Old Jun 10, 2014, 04:50 PM
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jul 2013
85 Posts
^^ what he said.

The side you stick your knife into should have some kind of marking (on mine it's three parallel lines).

Edit: You paid $35!??? My friend, that is way too much O_O

Check these out: http://www.banggood.com/40pcs-20cm-F...o-p-75612.html

They have male to female as well, they're around $3.00 with free shipping. The good thing is it comes as one piece, so you can tear them off as needed, as many or as few wires as you need for whatever your purpose.
flightly is offline Find More Posts by flightly
Last edited by flightly; Jun 10, 2014 at 04:56 PM.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 04:55 PM
Canada, QC, La Baie
Joined Mar 2011
461 Posts
Mine doesnt have any kind of marking, both side are exactly the same. I tried sliding a exacto knive on both side but it wont pop off
Old Jun 10, 2014, 04:58 PM
Canada, QC, La Baie
Joined Mar 2011
461 Posts
Ah i managed to pop it out by force, i took a flat screwdriver, inserted it inside, and forced it in untill the plastic rip in half. From what ive seen it was glued
Old Jun 17, 2014, 01:16 AM
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jul 2013
85 Posts
I've never seen them come glued like that before... Was there any kind of tab holding it in place or was it just glue?
flightly is offline Find More Posts by flightly
Old Jun 18, 2014, 04:55 AM
Re-kitting planes since 1990
Australia, WA, Beldon
Joined Jun 2013
1,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightly View Post

Check these out: http://www.banggood.com/40pcs-20cm-F...o-p-75612.html

They have male to female as well, they're around $3.00 with free shipping. The good thing is it comes as one piece, so you can tear them off as needed, as many or as few wires as you need for whatever your purpose.

Wow! I've been looking for something similar. Thanks for the tip!
nebbian is online now Find More Posts by nebbian