HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:49 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epyonxero View Post
Does anyone have aerial stills or video from the LX7? I have a Panasonic GF3 which is a great travel camera but doesnt have a couple of key AP features. Mainly 60P video or an intervalometer for stills.
I have only used the LX3 for stills
uptime4downtime is offline Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Skywing 38" Build Instructions
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:19 AM
Joined Feb 2012
812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptime4downtime View Post
I have only used the LX3 for stills
How do you trigger the LX3? I got the LX7 but it turns out the built in intervalometer has a minimum interval of 1 minute which wont work for me and it doesnt seem to have remote control capability. Im going to have to return it.
epyonxero is offline Find More Posts by epyonxero
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:15 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,113 Posts
Hi there. I used a servo, mounted on the hotshoe. I cut out a PVC mounting bracked that fits around the controls and slides onto the hot shoe. I then ziptied the outer end through the wrist strap eyelet. This really keeps things locked down.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:58 PM
I'll fly anything...
Hamilton, New Zealand
Joined Jan 2007
964 Posts
What a great design... look familiar

Glad to see your LX3 is still working well.

Pete
Efliernz is offline Find More Posts by Efliernz
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:19 PM
Joined Feb 2012
812 Posts
Quote:
Hi there. I used a servo, mounted on the hotshoe. I cut out a PVC mounting bracked that fits around the controls and slides onto the hot shoe. I then ziptied the outer end through the wrist strap eyelet. This really keeps things locked down.
Hmm.. maybe I wont give up on the LX7 just yet.
epyonxero is offline Find More Posts by epyonxero
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:30 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efliernz View Post
What a great design... look familiar

Glad to see your LX3 is still working well.

Pete
Thanks Pete. Yes, your fiberglass plate was a bit cleaner looking . It is still going strong. All the best
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2012, 01:30 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,217 Posts
Quote:
Hi, If you have any aerial footage of LX7 in FullHD please share. thanks.
FlyingMcCoy is online now Find More Posts by FlyingMcCoy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Indoor 3d
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:58 AM
France
Joined Sep 2007
97 Posts
The cheap way: Canon A560 & SD940

Hello pilots!

I built a quadcopter to replace my previous tricopter not powerful enough for AP, here are some pics shot with 7 MP Canon A560 + wide angle converter and 12 MP SD940 cameras + CHDK. I tried also at low speed (1/200) to see if there was blur, but no problem with my frame, only small vibrations thanks to Sunnysky motors and balanced props. I even tried at 1/80, but can't find the result anymore on my computer (?!)
Pics were not reduced to show the real result, but RCG attachments system did it, not very pleased with 200 iso setting, a little too grainy, but overall satisfied

Enjoy!
Denis
Bowman813 is offline Find More Posts by Bowman813
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:14 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,113 Posts
Well, can't complain there. Nice going. I would say your motors do help.

I took a series just last week with the s95 on my quad. I got a few sharp shots, but not enough to warrant continued use with the current motors. I am going to try my Lumix LX3 again, plus it has a 24mm lens, which is preferable for the type of shots I want to do with the quad.

Great vibe free shots you are getting at 250th!

I still say it is not going to be long until we start seeing 18-20mp compacts with large sensors from other manufactuers other than Sony, in the small format (ie sub 250g) - so I'm holding off purchase. Canon has only recently got into super large sensors in 'compacts' with the G1X, so expect more to come.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by uptime4downtime; Dec 19, 2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:54 PM
Norway, Hordaland, Os
Joined Nov 2004
364 Posts
I've just about started taking some shots from my quad using CHDK and a A490. Only had about 4 flights with the camera running. Last flight was to take a few snapshots for the estate agent who's seing our flat (just bought a new house to get a bigger hobby room). I know the shots are not of very good quality, but being a complete novice at taking photos I don't think its to bad a start... I think the A490 looks to be a promising camera even if it is out of date. Camera is mounted on a anti vibration platform that I got from someone in Israel via ebay, Does wonders..

So the A490 seems to be a very viable option for aerial photos.

- Thomas
thnilsen is offline Find More Posts by thnilsen
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:37 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,113 Posts
Thanks for posting. I agree, that camera works. That is indeed a very good start!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:34 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,113 Posts
I purchased this isolation mount recently. I just don't have the time to fiddle with mounts at the moment, and the time and money involved, make the mount worth at least trying: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTI-VIBRATI...item1c2f8ea60d

I've played with other mount solutions, but perhaps this will improve my s95 on the copter slightly more.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:26 AM
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Oct 2012
242 Posts
Gimbal is VERY IMPORTANT besides the cameras.
Piery is offline Find More Posts by Piery
Old Feb 20, 2013, 02:02 PM
Saudi Arabia, Makkah Province, Thuwal
Joined Aug 2012
254 Posts
I haven't read the whole thread (first couple of pages), but I am always a little sad when the Canon S90 gets shot down for not performing. I have had very high success ratio by hard mounting it to my quad, and the mount has no vibration reduction, nor is it a fancy gimbal... I just have good balanced props (balanced blades and balanced hub).

I have attached a crop (not just a resize) of one of the pictures for a project I am working on as big as the forum allows. I generally don't delete more than 2 or 3 pictures in 10, and that is due to motion blur rather than vibrations.

I think the S90 is a very viable option!
Pass1 is offline Find More Posts by Pass1
Last edited by Pass1; Feb 20, 2013 at 02:04 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes
Old Feb 20, 2013, 02:44 PM
USA, VT, Brandon
Joined Aug 2004
1,342 Posts
Hey there. Have you tried that Tel Aviv mount yet? Looks interesting and the price is right considering all the fooling around I've done to dampen vibes.

Steve
millerhill is offline Find More Posts by millerhill