HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2014, 11:00 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thosmosis View Post
What Gyro is the best for this plane? I hear Lemmon is good.
I use the Orange 3x and it flies in perfect scale level flight. Beautiful sight! I have a Lemon, also, but haven't needed it and will put it in another.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:44 AM
"Champ'ion Newb"
United States, WA, Vashon
Joined Sep 2013
1,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
I use the Orange 3x and it flies in perfect scale level flight. Beautiful sight! I have a Lemon, also, but haven't needed it and will put it in another.
I just received the Orange Rx Gyro. And will test it out. Seems to have sensitivity pots, and reversal dip switches. Pretty easy to see how that works. I guess, once you connect it, move it around in your hand and make sure that the surfaces correct in the right direction. If not, slide the dip switch for that particular surface.

This plane could use a gyro. But I may try one on my slower flying Archer first. Still, all of this electronic help between me and the plane. Until I get used to it -- I hope it just doesn't help me crash!
thosmosis is offline Find More Posts by thosmosis
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:44 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Oct 2013
613 Posts
Quote:
I just received the Orange Rx Gyro. And will test it out. Seems to have sensitivity pots, and reversal dip switches. Pretty easy to see how that works. I guess, once you connect it, move it around in your hand and make sure that the surfaces correct in the right direction. If not, slide the dip switch for that particular surface.

This plane could use a gyro. But I may try one on my slower flying Archer first. Still, all of this electronic help between me and the plane. Until I get used to it -- I hope it just doesn't help me crash!
I started with the Orange on my T28, worked for a while then had several signal loss/brown out type incidents. I grounded it right away until I had a chance to order Lemon. As we've discussed already, Orange is DSM2, inferior protocol to DSMX.
deadzone is offline Find More Posts by deadzone
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:57 PM
"Champ'ion Newb"
United States, WA, Vashon
Joined Sep 2013
1,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadzone View Post
I started with the Orange on my T28, worked for a while then had several signal loss/brown out type incidents. I grounded it right away until I had a chance to order Lemon. As we've discussed already, Orange is DSM2, inferior protocol to DSMX.
I did recently start buying the full range DSMX R620 by Orange. This was before I realized that Lemon is better. But as I was lamenting on the Archer thread. I now have all of these Orange Rx's... I imagine the R620 full range should be fine. I have only installed it in one plane. No problems so far...
thosmosis is offline Find More Posts by thosmosis
Old Oct 24, 2014, 01:03 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Oct 2013
613 Posts
Quote:
I did recently start buying the full range DSMX R620 by Orange. This was before I realized that Lemon is better. But as I was lamenting on the Archer thread. I now have all of these Orange Rx's... I imagine the R620 full range should be fine. I have only installed it in one plane. No problems so far...
I suspect the issue is more related to the DSM2 protocol, not that Orange Rx is crap. But I've never tried Orange DSMX so can't say for sure.
deadzone is offline Find More Posts by deadzone
Old Oct 24, 2014, 07:59 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,348 Posts
I was trying to straighten out the spindle that connect the front landing gear to the frame, and it flew into never-land. Does anyone have idea for a replacement. I most likely need to just buy the whole front gear.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Oct 24, 2014, 08:17 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
I was trying to straighten out the spindle that connect the front landing gear to the frame, and it flew into never-land. Does anyone have idea for a replacement. I most likely need to just buy the whole front gear.
Looks like you need the whole front landing gear, unless you can find something close at the hardware store/home improvement shop.

http://www.motionrc.com/fms-800mm-t2...ding-gear-set/

Kman
kman24 is offline Find More Posts by kman24