HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2010, 08:18 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,755 Posts
Discussion
New pz um t-28!!!

Parkzone newest ultra micro! Its a t 28!

http://www.modelflight.com.au/produc...NF-6388-6.html
DFflyer is offline Find More Posts by DFflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2010, 09:16 PM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
2,103 Posts
Nice find!
I wonder when it will be in stores?
Firehawk989 is offline Find More Posts by Firehawk989
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:16 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,453 Posts
wow great looking little micro, but theres no way i'll be paying $160 for a micro i think PZ is losing the plot on these small birds putting the price up to this level

oh well save my money for the Stinson as that looks good, lets hope the price on that isn't out of reach too

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:24 PM
Joined Apr 2010
24 Posts
Price (and Stinson?)

Chuck, I think that is the Australian dollar; I would guess about the same as the other micros here.

Is there a micro Stinson announced? Cool!
bbevel is offline Find More Posts by bbevel
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:31 PM
Joined Dec 2007
3,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbevel View Post
Chuck, I think that is the Australian dollar; I would guess about the same as the other micros here.

Is there a micro Stinson announced? Cool!
yes that is the price we would have to pay here in Australia, i ask when the P-51 is $119 and the SU-26xp $139 where do they get $160 for the T-28, i won't be buying this one at that price pity because it looks very nice

no there is no Micro Stinson i know of, i'm talking about the 49.6" Wingspan Stinson release from last Thursday
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:32 PM
United States, CA, Pleasant Hill
Joined Mar 2005
314 Posts
todays exchange rate conversion of $159 aud gives $142 usd. I hope thats a msrp and the street price is a lot closer to $99 especially for a bnf. but good thing it's a bnf and from the one pic it looks really nice.
specriv is offline Find More Posts by specriv
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:36 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,370 Posts
I think the price on the um t-28 is $100 since it has the same electronics as the mustang and has the 120mah battery with a smaller motor. The prop looks awfully close to the ground!
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:36 PM
United States, CA, Pleasant Hill
Joined Mar 2005
314 Posts
here's the pic
specriv is offline Find More Posts by specriv
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:45 PM
Joined Apr 2010
24 Posts
Sorry Chuck

i wasn't paying attention that you are actually in Australia and you actually know what I was just guessing at!

Hopefully that is a MSRP and it will be priced lower so we can all enjoy a little more micro goodness. Seems that these should continue to come down--look at how cheap the Champ is with radio and everything. I wish they would start to offer these without the charger, batteries, and way less packaging (plane brown box) for those of us that already have previous ultra micros. Would be a little cheaper and less waste.
bbevel is offline Find More Posts by bbevel
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:54 PM
Regina, SK
Joined Nov 2006
1,652 Posts
What I dislike about Horizon products is that the accessories they include usually barely meet the minimum requirement to fly the plane. The 120mah batteries were NFG in the Mustang for example, but here they still use them in the next comparable micro. I'll be waiting for the 't28 pulses the motor before it should' threads when this comes out.

Rob
Rob_G is offline Find More Posts by Rob_G
Last edited by Rob_G; Jul 28, 2010 at 11:11 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:04 PM
Joined Dec 2007
3,453 Posts
cool BB, we always get ripped off here, theres plenty of complaint threads about our local supplier, and our prices "Never" come down, that advertised price is what we will have to pay if we want it, if it wasn't for postage costs i'd buy all my planes direct from the states, you guys are really lucky with the prices you have to pay, hmm mind you if it's about the $99 mark for you guys the postage option might just be ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_G View Post
What I dislike about Horizon products is that the accessories they include usually barely meet the minimum requirement to fly the plane. The 120mah batteries were NFG in the Mustang for example, but here they still use them in the next comparable micro. I'll be waiting for the 't28 pules the motor before it should' threads when this comes out.

Rob
i agree seems like a small motor and battery for the biggest/heaviest UM

i'm really peved as i love my micros they are so easy to grab when the wind drops, head outside and fly but $160 for a micro

cheers chuck
Last edited by ChuckTseeker; Jul 28, 2010 at 11:11 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:24 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,370 Posts
Thats what I thought, heavy micro with a small motor.
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:33 PM
The building never ends!
Tucson, AZ
Joined Oct 2008
1,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post
Thats what I thought, heavy micro with a small motor.
It's probably the same motor as in the 4-Site, the UM P-51D, and the Sukhoi Su-26 XP. It weighs the same as the Champ, but it ought to fall somewhere between the Mustang and the Sukhoi, in terms of speed. It'll be real interesting to see what kind of wing this Trojan has . . . whether it has a scaled down flat-bottomed airfoil like the bigger Parkzone bird, or whether it has a thin folded undercamber foil like the UM P-51D. I, personally, hope for the former.
Ensign Jimmy is offline Find More Posts by Ensign Jimmy
Last edited by Ensign Jimmy; Jul 29, 2010 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Ugh, not latter. I want a real airfoil!
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:18 AM
Regina, SK
Joined Nov 2006
1,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
i'm really peved as i love my micros they are so easy to grab when the wind drops, head outside and fly but $160 for a micro

cheers chuck
The wind drops where you are? :O Most of the time there's just too much wind here on the prairies to have a lot of flying time for the micro planes. I wish I had a regular place to fly indoors, but my living room and MSR will have to suffice.

I just fixed my mustang so it should be good to go.. Finally, no more death spirals (bad aileron servo). I gutted my first sukhoi to fix it and also replaced the wing ($15 !)

Rob
Rob_G is offline Find More Posts by Rob_G
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:31 AM
USA, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Nov 2009
812 Posts
"They're so cute when they're young!"

I don't know for sure, but this would look pretty cool in the hangar alongside its bigger brother.
benski is offline Find More Posts by benski