Old Dec 19, 2013, 09:56 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by enderffx View Post
Hi all !

As i fried my KK2.0 board (different story), i was able to get a used KK board with unknown settings / firmware for cheap money to continue flying...

BUT i cannot even start:
I flashed "XCopter V4,7 KK by kapteinkuk" fimware and as i go through the steps of setting up everything i realize that M5 & M6 do nothing !

whatever i do , M5 & M6 stand still.
Its not the ESC or motors, when i connect motor 5,6 to 3,4 the spin up fine when doing the ESC calibration for example (set yaw to zero while startup).

Do i have a defctive board or is there some solvable magic involved ?!

Please help :-)

Ender
XCopter V4,7 KK by kapteinkuk is quad firmware so only uses m1 to m4.
Steveis is online now Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2013, 11:53 AM
Germany, SH, Bad Segeberg
Joined Oct 2013
147 Posts
Sorry, i forgot to mention that i am talking about the "simple" KK 5.5 board !

Greetings,

Ender
enderffx is offline Find More Posts by enderffx
Old Dec 19, 2013, 12:20 PM
Joined Oct 2013
147 Posts
Found a (strange) solution, but now another Question :-)

Hi !

M5 & M6 are working again...

Previously i did some loops of "reset KK" (all pots zero procedure) and i also changed between Minsoo & KaptainKuks versions (2.9 / 4.7)...

That did NOT help...

But i now sa the option "reset" in kkflashtool.
AND after i did that i flashed Minoo version and NOW all 6 motors work fine, i can continue working.

However, coming from a KK2.0 board i have a big problem:
Can i change H6 Copter Layout ??

On KK2.0 H6 copter (To be sure --> not one arm but two arms are front and back, good for Camera mounting) started with Motor 1 (top right corner) in CW direction and that is how my hexa is built.
Now it seems that the H6 for KK 5.5 starts with Motor 1 beeing CCW ?!?

-1- Is my observation correct ??
-2- can i change that software-wise ???

Or do i have to rewire / resolder ESC's and motors ?

Thank you,

Ender
Old Dec 19, 2013, 01:58 PM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,574 Posts
You can look up the motor layouts of Minsoo firmware on http://www.kkmulticopter.kr/index.ht...a=xxcontroller

Best Christian
LazyZero is online now Find More Posts by LazyZero
Old Dec 19, 2013, 03:38 PM
Joined Oct 2013
147 Posts
Hello Christian !

Thats where i got my info that motor 1 is CCW, not CW as for the KK2.0 board in H6 config.

I am a bit confused, in kkflashtool i ONLY see Minoo firmwares and then there are Hexacopter, Hexcopter and X6.
But in Minsoo docs i see only X6 & Hexcopter.
Is Hexacopter or X6 the same layout as H6 just with motor 1 in CW direction ?

Greetings & "Aye kaptain" :-)

Ender
Old Dec 19, 2013, 03:56 PM
Joined Oct 2013
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveis View Post
XCopter V4,7 KK by kapteinkuk is quad firmware so only uses m1 to m4.
Hello Steveis,
somehow i overlooked your comment as i posted my addon without refreshing "skipping" your entry.

Now i know you are right, the strange thing is that after that also Minoon H6 or Hexacopter Firmware was not activating M5 & M6.
Just the "reset" option in kkflash followed by Minoo flash worked.

As you may read that not my problem anymore :-)

The only H6 Layout (cause thats how i wanna fly) in Minsoo FW has motor 1 spinning CCW. As i used the KK2.0 before i build things to have M1 = CW rotation.
Its not SUCH a big deal bbut if i can solve a re-layouting by software or if there is another KK firmware with H6 motor rotations like in KK2.0 that would be great.

What i used on KK2.0 is "HexaCopter x mode". and M1 was spinning CW on KK2.0.

Greetings,

Ender

P.S. attached is Minsoo H6 layout
Old Dec 20, 2013, 01:56 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,574 Posts
Problem with Minsoo firmware ist that it is closed source and has not the option to invert gyro directions. On the firmwares before/equal 2.1 from Minsoo it was possible, but then he removed this. You can try older firmware and mount your board 180 rotated, so that he arrows pointing to the back. Then you have to invert the gyros not working in the right direction and it should work.

Best Christian
LazyZero is online now Find More Posts by LazyZero
Old Dec 25, 2013, 05:35 AM
Joined Dec 2013
1 Posts
Hallo,
I`ve got the KK multicopter V 5.5 board with XCopter firmware. My problem is that it doesn`t disarm. I can do stick centering and throttle calibration. Directly after throttle calibration (without turning power off and setting yaw to zero) I can make the 4 motors run. But when I want to start it there`s no disarming. I tried all kinds of firmware versions. I even got a second remote and transmitter from a friend with the same board (his is working) to exclude too short ranges of the remote sticks.
Has anyone any idea what could be wrong? Or what I could do to determine my problem?
Sorry for any mistakes, I`m German...
michuz is offline Find More Posts by michuz
Old Dec 25, 2013, 07:30 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michuz View Post
Hallo,
I`ve got the KK multicopter V 5.5 board with XCopter firmware. My problem is that it doesn`t disarm. I can do stick centering and throttle calibration. Directly after throttle calibration (without turning power off and setting yaw to zero) I can make the 4 motors run. But when I want to start it there`s no disarming. I tried all kinds of firmware versions. I even got a second remote and transmitter from a friend with the same board (his is working) to exclude too short ranges of the remote sticks.
Has anyone any idea what could be wrong? Or what I could do to determine my problem?
Sorry for any mistakes, I`m German...
Read the section titled Adjusting in the first post.

To check arming and disarming, you need to move all pots off zero. Try half way to start.
Steveis is online now Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2014, 01:24 AM
Joined Jan 2014
2 Posts
help!!

hey peeps,
I am actually using a kk multicopter board v5.5(Xcopter v2.9)
Could anyone help me with the eagle files for the same(.brd and .sch files)
shreyas07 is offline Find More Posts by shreyas07
Old Mar 29, 2014, 12:35 PM
Joined Oct 2013
21 Posts
problem / sudden wobbling with my tarot fy680

hi everyone,
ı am a new bee and I built this tarot fy 680 couple of months ago for videography and have been flying it with no problems at all. until now.

1. as you can see it on the video, it makes a sudden movement. but I dont know why.
is it because of the motor and/or ESC (maybe number 5)?

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A15oqs3qlXNCq

2.when I yaw , the multicopter goes sideways not in Center. Why?

3. I want to upgrade my motors what kind of motors should I buy ? sunny sky , turnigy, ect.

I use it with Gopro and tarot 2d gimbal. I want to be able to fly with Canon 7D in the future. is it possible with upgrading motors?

can anyone help me with my problems?

thanks

Tarot FY680 Hexa
ax-2810Q-750KV motors
hobby wing flyfun 30A ESC
11x4.7 CF props
DJI Naza M V2
zippy compact 5800 x2
FPV
Gopro hero 3 with tarot 2d gimbal
aug 3.5kg
nnaco is offline Find More Posts by nnaco
Old Mar 30, 2014, 11:17 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnaco View Post
hi everyone,
ı am a new bee and I built this tarot fy 680 couple of months ago for videography and have been flying it with no problems at all. until now.

1. as you can see it on the video, it makes a sudden movement. but I dont know why.
is it because of the motor and/or ESC (maybe number 5)?

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A15oqs3qlXNCq

2.when I yaw , the multicopter goes sideways not in Center. Why?

3. I want to upgrade my motors what kind of motors should I buy ? sunny sky , turnigy, ect.

I use it with Gopro and tarot 2d gimbal. I want to be able to fly with Canon 7D in the future. is it possible with upgrading motors?

can anyone help me with my problems?

thanks

Tarot FY680 Hexa
ax-2810Q-750KV motors
hobby wing flyfun 30A ESC
11x4.7 CF props
DJI Naza M V2
zippy compact 5800 x2
FPV
Gopro hero 3 with tarot 2d gimbal
aug 3.5kg
You have DJI Naza...this is not thread about Naza.
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Mar 31, 2014, 04:19 AM
Joined Oct 2013
21 Posts
Ooops Sorry. I haven't noticed that.
nnaco is offline Find More Posts by nnaco
Old Apr 25, 2014, 03:04 PM
Joined Apr 2014
3 Posts
KK multicopter

Hi I am hoping someone here can help me. I am trying to setup a KKmulticopter v5.5, quadcopter.

For some reason when I attempt to set throttle on all 4 motors, the Esc's continue beeping as if they cannot see a signal from the Tx. It also does not seem to arm the board when I try. I have adjusted to reverse on all the channels save throttle on my spektrum Dx6i.

I can't seem to find any solutions on line. I have taken a video of the issue but I'm not sure how to upload it? its like a 100mb file.
Armagan is offline Find More Posts by Armagan
Old Apr 30, 2014, 01:49 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armagan View Post
Hi I am hoping someone here can help me. I am trying to setup a KKmulticopter v5.5, quadcopter.

For some reason when I attempt to set throttle on all 4 motors, the Esc's continue beeping as if they cannot see a signal from the Tx. It also does not seem to arm the board when I try. I have adjusted to reverse on all the channels save throttle on my spektrum Dx6i.

I can't seem to find any solutions on line. I have taken a video of the issue but I'm not sure how to upload it? its like a 100mb file.
What firmware you're using on kk v5.5?
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser