New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2016, 12:17 PM
Find More Posts by charlie eaton
N.E.Mass.
Joined Apr 2007
3,184 Posts
Discussion
Frankg

Has anyone heard from Rich? I've seen some flooding in the coastal N.J. area on the news.
charlie eaton is offline Find More Posts by charlie eaton
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2016, 12:51 PM
Find More Posts by californiakid
mahoganyfan
United States, NJ, Atlantic City
Joined Nov 2010
845 Posts
Fine Spirits

I don't want to talk for my friend FrankG(Rich), but I had e-mailed him earlier today regarding his storm situation. He is upbeat about any flooding at the shop and said he has taken adequate precautions to help ensure it comes out on top. I hope all is well up there, he is a little over an hour from me and we are seeing some serious flooding here along the Jersey coastline.
californiakid is offline Find More Posts by californiakid
Old Jan 23, 2016, 01:05 PM
Find More Posts by ken_nj
GSMB Member
United States, NJ, Howell
Joined Mar 2008
1,899 Posts
We are getting pounded at the Jersey shore, lots of wind, non stop snow since 8pm Friday night. Couple of pictures on my deck. Measured the snow on the deck from inside, 24 inches. I am 5 miles in from the shoreline as the bird flies.

Rich is 20 miles from me but closer to the shore. He should be OK.
ken_nj is offline Find More Posts by ken_nj
Last edited by ken_nj; Jan 23, 2016 at 02:10 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 02:45 PM
Find More Posts by frankg
Joined Dec 2004
4,392 Posts
CHARLIE EATON- Thanks for the concern, it is much appreciated. As I have told the members of my club who offered their assistance in precautions for the storm, I have done everything within reason to protect myself at work short of lifting a 10,000 ft building 10 feet in the air.

I think with this storm, it will be the snow accumulation that will be the big problem since I donít think that the town will be able to keep up with the ever increasing snow totals they keep revising. Now they are talking about a possible 30 inches by snows end.

As for me, I have done what I can regarding the storm, and quite honestly have other things on my mind at the present time. I will be posting here on the forums this week end that M.A. C.K. Products office will be shutting down for a short time while I go in to the hospital for my long awaited, just over one year, back surgery. I will be returning phone calls after the surgery, when my health allows.

Again I want to thank all of my friends who have express concern. As I have stated in the past, yes I run my company as a business, but my customers become good friends and acquaintances, like the members of the forums and my club mates.
frankg is offline Find More Posts by frankg
Old Jan 23, 2016, 03:01 PM
Find More Posts by chum444
lots of water; some of it thin
United States, MA, Woods Hole
Joined Aug 2012
1,356 Posts
Hope your shop weathers the storm. We have astronomically high tides on the Cape so flooding is definitely a concern at high tide for folks on the immediate shoreline.

Hopefully your surgery will be successful and your recovery will be rapid.

Best...Bill
chum444 is offline Find More Posts by chum444
Old Jan 23, 2016, 03:54 PM
Find More Posts by ericbphoto
Submarine or Target?
United States, SC, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2013
862 Posts
Good luck with the surgery AND storm recovery.
ericbphoto is offline Find More Posts by ericbphoto