Old Sep 22, 2015, 09:12 PM
Find More Posts by wartoy
United States, AR, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2005
489 Posts
Discussion
replacement parts for my L-4 Grasshopper 1400mm EPO (PNF)

HEllo all

I am trying to find a source for some replacement parts for my L-4 Grasshopper 1400mm EPO (PNF). You can see it at Hobby King. Right now I am trying to find the correct control horn clips and the support wires and springs used on the tail. You can see them oin the attached photo.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance,

Gorden
wartoy is offline Find More Posts by wartoy
Last edited by wartoy; Sep 22, 2015 at 09:14 PM. Reason: added photo
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2015, 09:10 AM
Find More Posts by startazz
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
2,150 Posts
It's a shame HK can't always carry spare parts for the models they sell,but i'm guessing it must be down to the manufacture as to why surely HK would sell them if they could,anyways try doing a google search with the planes full name as you have here and add spare parts at the end or beginning,that's helped me in the passed when i couldn't get spare parts for a model for what ever reason,or if you still have the box and it's got the manufactures name and email/website you could give them a try also,that's if it's not made by HK of course.
Sorry i couldn't be more helpful thought and i know what it's like when you can't get spare parts.

Oh you could also do a google search for the thread on this plane too,again just put the planes full name and this time end it with rcgroups and a couple of threads links should pop up,maybe someone on there could be of more help.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by startazz; Sep 25, 2015 at 09:13 AM. Reason: added last paragraph
Old Sep 26, 2015, 07:37 PM
Find More Posts by 1101
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2008
1,092 Posts

This is a hobby, build & fix, FIND something that works.

Find something generic, modify it. Done.
Dont expect every small part to be available, as spares, on cheap chinese foam planes

Thats the way it used to be, Used to be people would figure it out themselves.
Heck , people STILL make planes just off a printed plan, without every excact part just available off the self.
1101 is offline Find More Posts by 1101
Old Sep 29, 2015, 12:14 PM
Find More Posts by wartoy
United States, AR, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2005
489 Posts
I was hoping someone would be able to point out a means of contacting the manufacturer of this kit. No point in reengineering if the parts is available.
wartoy is offline Find More Posts by wartoy