HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:16 PM
swede
United States, UT, Vineyard
Joined Aug 2005
3,872 Posts
Rant
Is it completely impossible to resolve a problem with HobbyPartz?

Okay, I have had this problem ongoing since June, so allow me to rant.

It all started when...

I made an order in June. I was looking at a few batteries and meant to order a 30C 3S2200 for $22.40

The problem started when I accidentally ordered a 60C 2S2200 for $24.50

The prices may have changed slightly, but in either case, the 2S was more expensive than the 3S.

As soon as the package arrived I realized the mistake. It was totally my fault, and I explained that to them. I told them I would eat the difference in price and return shipping, and they told me they would send the correct Gens Ace 3S2200 to me when it came back in stock.

I sent the battery back and received my replacement battery surprisingly fast.

I opened the new battery and was shocked to see they sent me the exact same battery I had just sent back. (Gens Ace 60C 2S2200)

I contacted back (chat) and let them know of the problem. I was told to send this battery back with a copy of the receipt in the box and they would refund the shipping.

I sent it back (in June) with delivery confirmation and waited for the battery to come back in stock.

...and waited......

...and waited......

So finally in September/October the Gens Ace 3S2200 came back in stock.

I waited some more and never received my new battery. I contacted them again and was told they never received the second battery. I couldn't find the delivery confirmation number (wife "safely" stored it away) so they told me there was nothing they could do.

A week went by and the Mrs. found the confirmation number. I contacted them back and provided the delivery confirmation number that showed the item had been received several months earlier.

I was told they would send me an e-mail that day and would send the replacement battery out "tomorrow".

Tomorrow came and I never got the e-mail from "yesterday". I contacted them back and was told the same thing. I even confirmed the exact part number with the nice young lady I was talking to on the phone.

A week or so went by and the battery finally came. The first thing I noticed when I opened the box was the seal on the battery box had been cut. I looked inside and saw a 30C 3S2200 Sky LiPo?!?!?

I have never ordered any Sky LiPo's. I've been told and warned by fellow R/C'rs to avoid them like the plague. There's no doubt it's an inferior battery to Gens Ace. I don't know how they got confused with that one.

I've had it with trying to get this resolved. Each time I've had to contact them it's taken 20-30 minutes by the time I wait for someone to answer the chat, explain the situation, and get a new resolution.

I called my AMEX and they started a claim and said they would resolve it with H.P. It was painless. I was just informed this morning AMEX credited me back the ENTIRE order amount, not just the money for the battery and shipping like I requested.

I don't think that's fair. I just want the battery situation resolved. I have thoroughly enjoyed everything I have purchased (or intended to ) from HobbyPartz, and have no intention on stopping ordering supplies. I've ordered several hundred dollars in items, and have convinced friends to purchase from HP instead of going overseas. I would like to continue a healthy (not for my wallet) relationship with HobbyPartz.

AMEX told me to hang onto the battery in case HobbyPartz contacted them/me back and wants the stuff back. The battery is still untouched and in the box just waiting for this fiasco to be resolved.

I'm tired of messing with the "Chat". Phone contact is nearly impossible. So now I bring this to the open forum so hopefully a HobbyPartz representative can help get this resolved so we can both be in good standing with each other.

So, HobbyPartz, what would you like me to do from here?
Sincerely, Dan.
denial15 is offline Find More Posts by denial15
Last edited by denial15; Nov 08, 2012 at 06:22 PM. Reason: sPeliNG
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:26 PM
swede
Joined Aug 2005
3,872 Posts
I forgot to mention, I also e-mailed HobbyPartz customer service with the order info after I filed the claim with AMEX and advised them of the problem and my intentions of resolving it with AMEX. I still have never heard anything back from HobbyPartz.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 12:44 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
395 Posts
Do you happen to know your order number for the order that has the issue?

-Charlie
RaidenCharlie is offline Find More Posts by RaidenCharlie
Old Nov 09, 2012, 01:23 PM
swede
Joined Aug 2005
3,872 Posts
Order # 1732017
RMA # 17320171
Delivery Confirmation # 03112550000349568794
Old Nov 09, 2012, 01:23 PM
swede
Joined Aug 2005
3,872 Posts
I also printed all of the chat sessions as well.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:09 AM
swede
Joined Aug 2005
3,872 Posts
Any word?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:04 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
395 Posts
Sorry I wasn't able to get back to you sooner, do you still have the Sky Lipo 2200mAh 11.1V 30C that you received? Would you be able to send me a picture of it so I can show the manager of the shipping department that they sent the wrong item. You can post it here or you can send me the picture at my email. My email is raidencharlie@gmail.com I'll be out of town till Friday so it would be best if you can send me a email. I have my email linked to my personal phone so I will get back to you asap. Please include the order number in the subject so I know what the issue is about.

-Charlie
RaidenCharlie is offline Find More Posts by RaidenCharlie
Last edited by RaidenCharlie; Nov 20, 2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:16 PM
swede
Joined Aug 2005
3,872 Posts
Email Sent.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:00 PM
swede
Joined Aug 2005
3,872 Posts