HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 23, 2012, 01:48 AM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,926 Posts
Mr. Utopia,

That is a BEAUTIFUL scene you filmed there, truly amazing. Good job!
Wind_of_Change is offline Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2012, 03:54 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2011
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Hi,

You do not need to worry about your " Safety Limit ". No one has ever lost one dollar with Dragon Link , and no one ever will Even if you pass the 45 days, if you change your mind, I will grant a full refund if you do not want to wait any longer.

Mike
Well Mike, I lost 130 Euros.

Look at this statement in your confirmation email after buying a DL:

"The Dragon Link transmitter also has protections built in so that incorrect hookup to the RC Transmitter will not damage the Dragon Link or your RC transmitter. Dragon Link is the best value in any UHF RC system !!!"

It damaged my futaba tx. Check this if you wonder how it happened. I had to ebay a new one right after. Because I couldn't get any response from you.

edit: this post does not mean to get a refund or anything else.. just so you know that I am not that happy like others since I have a loss.
slarys is offline Find More Posts by slarys
Last edited by slarys; Feb 23, 2012 at 05:38 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 06:27 AM
KJ4YYJ
Saint Petersburg FL
Joined Jun 2009
765 Posts
Quote:
Hi,

Yes, your systems were upgraded and sent back to you yesterday ! You will be very happy with the upgrades and performance of the new firmware.

Mike
Can Anyone tell me WHY the HE** Mike will not send me the Short Range Small Transmitter Antenna With Hinge or even say why he can not sent it out.)
coming up on on 45Day fast This is a very very bad way to treat a customer.

DISAPPOINTED IN THE WAY I'M BEING TREATED
EugeneFlorida is offline Find More Posts by EugeneFlorida
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:38 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slarys View Post
Well Mike, I lost 130 Euros.

Look at this statement in your confirmation email after buying a DL:

"The Dragon Link transmitter also has protections built in so that incorrect hookup to the RC Transmitter will not damage the Dragon Link or your RC transmitter. Dragon Link is the best value in any UHF RC system !!!"

It damaged my futaba tx. Check this if you wonder how it happened. I had to ebay a new one right after. Because I couldn't get any response from you.

edit: this post does not mean to get a refund or anything else.. just so you know that I am not that happy like others since I have a loss.
It is not accurate to say you lost 130 Euros to Dragon Link, you lost it due to making a short in the connector, which is beyind our control.

It is impossible for the Dragon Link to cause the Damage in the picture you provided. If the Dragon Link is hooked up backwards, it will simply not draw any current at all, this has been very well designed and tested. Same deal if you hook the PPM cable to the power, it just wont do anything. Had the Dragon Link taken that kind of power from the radio, it would have been burnt up also, and I would have had it back for repair. The fact that you are using your Dragon Link was not tells me that the power never went into the Dragon Link itself.

My belief is that you got a short IN THE CONNECTOR itself, probably when wiring up a resistor. There is nothing that can be done in any system that would prevent this kind of damage if there is a short in the connector itself.

That radio is probably still usable, or easily repairable.

Mike
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Last edited by JettPilot; Feb 23, 2012 at 07:48 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:05 AM
Honey Badger
United States, FL
Joined Oct 2005
1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneFlorida View Post
Can Anyone tell me WHY the HE** Mike will not send me the Short Range Small Transmitter Antenna With Hinge or even say why he can not sent it out.)
coming up on on 45Day fast This is a very very bad way to treat a customer.

DISAPPOINTED IN THE WAY I'M BEING TREATED
Mike -

Can you assist Eugene - this is the customer that I referenced in my emails to you.
Blue Chip is offline Find More Posts by Blue Chip
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:05 AM
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
Bonjour Mike,

Don't forget the MP I sent you, mon ami.

Cheers.
lrrps is offline Find More Posts by lrrps
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:14 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2011
229 Posts
Quote:
It is not accurate to say you lost 130 Euros to Dragon Link, you lost it due to making a short in the connector, which is beyind our control.

It is impossible for the Dragon Link to cause the Damage in the picture you provided. If the Dragon Link is hooked up backwards, it will simply not draw any current at all, this has been very well designed and tested. Same deal if you hook the PPM cable to the power, it just wont do anything. Had the Dragon Link taken that kind of power from the radio, it would have been burnt up also, and I would have had it back for repair. The fact that you are using your Dragon Link was not tells me that the power never went into the Dragon Link itself.

My belief is that you got a short IN THE CONNECTOR itself, probably when wiring up a resistor. There is nothing that can be done in any system that would prevent this kind of damage if there is a short in the connector itself.

That radio is probably still usable, or easily repairable.

Mike
No offence but I carefully read all the installation details on your site and I am very sure that I did not hook the PPM to the power cable. Otherwise it wouldn't work in the first place. All i want to know how it can run in the first place then it would stop after a radio reboot.

Maybe you are right about the resistor connector. Maybe something happened there but then again as mentioned in your email, DL and RC tx is protected against these wrong hookups. I think t is better to remove that text in your email since it is not protected.

Btw, radio is not usable, I tried it, I am now using it as a backup for the parts like switches i may need in the future.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:55 AM
Gravity is patient............
Joined Mar 2006
1,958 Posts
slarys I don't know the whole story behind your claim. Are you saying that your system worked for a time but the DL damaged your radio? Or are you saying that the installation (soldering) you did damaged the radio?

I can't think of how the DL could possibly damage your radio, it's a passive device. It's much more likely you damaged something during the install. It is not easy and if you lack soldering experience you could easily wreck a pcb.
billyd60 is offline Find More Posts by billyd60
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:13 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2011
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60 View Post
slarys I don't know the whole story behind your claim. Are you saying that your system worked for a time but the DL damaged your radio? Or are you saying that the installation (soldering) you did damaged the radio?

I can't think of how the DL could possibly damage your radio, it's a passive device. It's much more likely you damaged something during the install. It is not easy and if you lack soldering experience you could easily wreck a pcb.
There is nothing I claim. I am only telling what happened to me.

The history is as, I installed the wires in the plug as it is explained in DL site. Then it did not work and I connected the resistor from red to yellow wires. Then it worked. All were fine.. Receiver responds. Then I shut down the radio Tx. When I started it again the LED wasn't flashing. To test DL as Mike suggested, I connected a battery to DL and it was working so no problems with DL. My RF module were damaged. And I don't know how it can happen.

I have now new Futaba radio and I did the same installation steps on this one. There is nothing happened yet luckily.

Just trying to understand if the DL has inbuilt wrong hookup protections that protectes both radio and dl tx then what would killed my radio?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:16 AM
aka: sircrashalot
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Nov 2009
100 Posts
please send the receiver (old firmware) that i ordered, and that you confirmed that you had in stock. again : Robert Lamarche- quebec canada
chopchop09 is offline Find More Posts by chopchop09
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:20 PM
Gravity is patient............
Joined Mar 2006
1,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slarys View Post
There is nothing I claim. I am only telling what happened to me.

The history is as, I installed the wires in the plug as it is explained in DL site. Then it did not work and I connected the resistor from red to yellow wires. Then it worked. All were fine.. Receiver responds. Then I shut down the radio Tx. When I started it again the LED wasn't flashing. To test DL as Mike suggested, I connected a battery to DL and it was working so no problems with DL. My RF module were damaged. And I don't know how it can happen.

I have now new Futaba radio and I did the same installation steps on this one. There is nothing happened yet luckily.

Just trying to understand if the DL has inbuilt wrong hookup protections that protectes both radio and dl tx then what would killed my radio?
It sounds like you shorted something out, or you could have possibly damaged electronics in the module during the soldering itself.
billyd60 is offline Find More Posts by billyd60
Old Feb 23, 2012, 01:09 PM
Joined Apr 2011
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1p1 View Post
hi could you send me the tracking number please?

we sent you an attached letter with 1-2 questions and special requests. Have you managed to upgrade the 9 channels receivers to 12 channels? If the answer is yes how much money should i tranfer to you on paypal?

Have you put the extra receiver in the package which i won 6 months ago?

L1p1
Mike,

Please send me the tracking number. (package sent to Hungary). Without the tracking number i will never get the package because the local post office is stupid and they will not deliver it. If i order something i always have to call them on phone and visit them to get the package.

so Mike please please please send me that tracking number.

thx
l1p1 is offline Find More Posts by l1p1
Old Feb 23, 2012, 02:26 PM
Norway
Joined Feb 2012
85 Posts
Doesn't people understand that Mike is busy assembling and upgrading?? I (and probably others) get tired of reading this thread because people nags to much about the same thing (order update, tracking, etc.). I know that people are tired of waiting for their DL, and that includes me (I'm waiting for a complete set), but Mike isn't getting the job done faster when answering posts here...
Be patient folks, you WILL get your system when it is ready.
RemiWM is offline Find More Posts by RemiWM
Old Feb 23, 2012, 04:12 PM
Joined Dec 2008
3,379 Posts
How do we book our sytems in Mike or Blue Chip?

Can we order say a extra RX when you get our Tx for a Upgrade?

If we put A note in the package can we be PM or emailed to say when we need to pay for the Extras?
cody069 is offline Find More Posts by cody069
Old Feb 23, 2012, 05:03 PM
Joined Apr 2011
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemiWM View Post
Doesn't people understand that Mike is busy assembling and upgrading?? I (and probably others) get tired of reading this thread because people nags to much about the same thing (order update, tracking, etc.). I know that people are tired of waiting for their DL, and that includes me (I'm waiting for a complete set), but Mike isn't getting the job done faster when answering posts here...
Be patient folks, you WILL get your system when it is ready.
i agree but please understand my situation as well. 4 systems will be lost without the tracking number. The local post will loose the package. It happened multiple times with me an my friends.

To send the tracking number would need 10 secs and it would spare lot of extra posts...
l1p1 is offline Find More Posts by l1p1