HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 18, 2012, 06:35 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,779 Posts
p.s.- Don't forget to check out Babbel Batts from RCBabbel here in the forums as well as the GWS 5043 prop and his prop adapter, B-I-G difference in performance!!!!
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2012, 07:42 PM
build, fly, crash, repeat ...
United States, OR, Beavercreek
Joined Jan 2004
1,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut View Post
Awe man, sorry to see/hear 'bout the fuse, if it wasn't for the HH wing repair video I'm sure I would've done the same thing doing my wing repair.
I should have known better, I've been doing the RC thing for years, but I guess I was just bein impatient, and I snapped that fuse right in half.

then I watched that video you just mentioned, that was a big help.

I'll check out this RCBabbel dude, and see what he's got for batteries, although I do now have a whole lot of them, but they are mostly old and worn out by now.
Stuart Linfoot is offline Find More Posts by Stuart Linfoot
Old Mar 18, 2012, 08:43 PM
Plane attacked by bird....
Joined Mar 2012
141 Posts
I got the corsiar yetserday at my lhs. I am very happy with this. I have had the champ and mastered that and when that croaked I wanted to get a new plane so I bought the corsiar. I flew this morning and it was really really squirley. It banked down and left a lot!!! So after a few crashes and some flights later I finally got it all trimmed out and it flies really well. That was until I was flying it and as I was about to the land the wind picked up and blew my plane over right onto the wing. I cracked but nothing some glue can't fix. After a couple of flights I was doing rolls and snap rolls and loops. I was proud of my self for this being my first 4ch airplane and only my second. I have one complaint though. The wings to to thier gull desing have a weak spot by the fuesalage. I was thinking about the Wildcat for my third plane (my birthday) does this plane damage easily. I mean do the wings break easily or are the bigger planes much more durable than the Ultra Micros? So far I really enjoy this plane.
Stunt Man 169 is offline Find More Posts by Stunt Man 169
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:03 AM
Joined Jan 2004
1,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt Man 169 View Post
I got the corsiar yetserday at my lhs. I am very happy with this. I have had the champ and mastered that and when that croaked I wanted to get a new plane so I bought the corsiar.
Welcome to the forums!! good luck with your Corsair, I'm just learning the plane myself, I got lots of reading ahead of me to learn the tricks,

read the forums there's a lot of info there.

welcome aboard
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:20 AM
Joined Mar 2012
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Linfoot View Post
Welcome to the forums!! good luck with your Corsair, I'm just learning the plane myself, I got lots of reading ahead of me to learn the tricks,

read the forums there's a lot of info there.

welcome aboard
Yeah when I was reading through the forums yesterday I figured i might as well sign up. I come here all the time, But I didn't sign up. I just had to get used to sensitivity of the plane. When i was reading i noticed hot everybody had tail heavy problems. Mine was perfect out of the box. Lucky me
Old Mar 19, 2012, 03:42 PM
Joined Mar 2011
103 Posts
Bought one back when they came out , kool little plane but no power (have owned 4 beast 2 v1 2v2s) but now This thing should honk!!!!! V1 board , v2 motor , 5030 prop test flight weather permitting keep your noses out dirt
Wayne on Maui is offline Find More Posts by Wayne on Maui
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:30 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,779 Posts
Quote:
I got the corsiar yetserday at my lhs. I am very happy with this. I have had the champ and mastered that and when that croaked I wanted to get a new plane so I bought the corsiar.
WOW, that's way cool!! My 1st 4-Chnl was the micro P-51!! Still happy with that plane but I LOVE the UM Corsair!!

Quote:
Yeah when I was reading through the forums yesterday I figured i might as well sign up. I come here all the time, But I didn't sign up. I just had to get used to sensitivity of the plane. When i was reading i noticed hot everybody had tail heavy problems. Mine was perfect out of the box. Lucky me
I would make fun of the guys that mod the plane with out even doign their maiden flight...... And I'm guilty being one of those guys with this plane! Like you, I read all kinds of stuff regarding aft CG & being under powered. So instead of doing the "dime" method I went with that GWS 5043 prop & a 240mAh Babbel Batt. PERFECT maiden flight with minor AIL trimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne on Maui View Post
Bought one back when they came out , kool little plane but no power (have owned 4 beast 2 v1 2v2s) but now This thing should honk!!!!! V1 board , v2 motor , 5030 prop test flight weather permitting keep your noses out dirt
That looks cool!! Good luck and hope it goes well!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 06:33 PM
Joined Mar 2012
141 Posts
Today i had a bit of a problem. The elevator contros got reversed and i nosed dived straight into the ground. I broke a wing and bent a prop shaft. I took the prop sheft off my champ and put it on the UM Corsair and fixed the wing and flies like new. today was clear blue skies with 2mph winds!!!! Wish this didn't happen though becuase i now can't fly my champ.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 02:46 AM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,779 Posts
Sorry to hear that but glad you got her back in the air. I give up with any winds with her! Second flight a minor gust got under her right wing & threw her into the ground hitting her left wing first. Broke the wing beyond GorillaGlue/CA repair. Followed the HH vid to a tee & was back up flying the next morning. Hope you get a replacement shaft for your Champ when you wanna cruise & relax!
Old Mar 20, 2012, 04:24 AM
Joined Jan 2004
1,968 Posts
While I sit and wait for all my new Corsair parts to show up, I decided to do a little reading and searching and found some cool stuff.

Apparently this airplane is something like 1/29th scale? Real close to 1/32nd scale, so I’ve been searching the internet for 1/32 scale decals for it, I’ll try to find something that will look good on it.

I also found that the UM F-27 Stryker uses a nice little servo cover that fits and looks good, (part number PKZU2253) so I ordered a set of those.

I also read where a dime on the nose seems to balance out the plane, so using my trusty Salter dietary scale that reads in grams, I weighed a dime …I came up with 2 grams (the scale only weighs in 1 gram increments)

I figured beins how I’m starting from scratch, with a new fuselage, I could glue 2 grams of weight inside the nose to help balance it out, and a dime is way to big, so I rifled through my fishing tackle and found some really small, (pretty much useless) lead splitshot, and one tiny little splitshot weighs the same as the dime (at least according to my scale) so I’ll glue that inside the front of the fuselage at the nose, and that, (if I have this correct) should balance the plane out.

meanwhile, I'm gonna keep searching for a nice decal set to put on it, I don't want to repaint or change the paint scheme, I want to keep it simple yet still be a little different.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 03:10 PM
Joined Mar 2012
141 Posts
Hold on before you put the dime on. My corsair's cg was correct out of the box. I would put the wing on first and then put the dime on it or just upgrade to a 240mah battery. If you glue the dime on and it becomes nose heavy you will ruin the paint tying to take it off. Just make sure before you do this.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:25 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Mar 2012
129 Posts
The amount of tape and glue holds mine nice and level,even flys in a bit of wind now lol.
megadaz is offline Find More Posts by megadaz
Old Mar 20, 2012, 09:51 PM
Joined Mar 2012
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by megadaz View Post
The amount of tape and glue holds mine nice and level,even flys in a bit of wind now lol.
I agree. Just crash a few times reglue the wings and bam! There is your two grams of weight on the nose. I knew god made CA for a reason.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:03 PM
Joined Jan 2004
1,968 Posts
Quote:
I agree. Just crash a few times reglue the wings and bam! There is your two grams of weight on the nose. I knew god made CA for a reason.
so when the new parts arrive, I should lay the wing out on the floor, stomp on it a few times to be sure I get some good cracks in it, then CA it back together and presto ...my new plane will be balanced?

somehow in my demented mind, I like that idea, that's almost as good as blowing it out of the air with a paint ball gun, that's what my nephew wants to do ...... I should clerifie though, shooting it down with a paint ball gun is NOT going to happen
Last edited by Stuart Linfoot; Mar 20, 2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 02:17 AM
hover, glide, fly
Australia
Joined Mar 2012
128 Posts
hello everyone,
I have a UM Corsair as my first plane and was wondering whether it would be possible to attach fatshark FPV equipment onto the nose so i could enjoy flying my plane even more.
thanks.
Vortex000111 is offline Find More Posts by Vortex000111