HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2003, 07:58 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
Dudes - How many Planes do you have & when do you reach "TOO MANY"?

I just counted & I have (5) GWS Planes & (1) Mountain Models Duskstik. I'm finding that I want to get one of the new GWS A10's but at some point the wife is going to look in my Shop more closely & find all these plane + I have (4) Slimers in there!

Is there a point where you say enough Planes? How many planes do you have?

P.S. - I have found a way to buy planes to where she does not not notice it on the Credit Card Bill or Checking Account, I set up a Paypal acount, I sell stuff on Ebay & accept Paypal only then I pay for my GWS stuff with the Paypal Balance so no trace for the wife, pretty sneaky Huh?

-Mike-
mrebman is offline Find More Posts by mrebman
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2003, 08:05 PM
Toronto, ON Canada
Joined Jul 2002
877 Posts
I thought six was enough

I thought Six was enough for me... but then I just had to stop by the LHS....

I think I need a Mini SpeedWing, an IFO, an actual Zagi....

This is getting out of hand!
Helicool is offline Find More Posts by Helicool
Old Feb 20, 2003, 08:19 PM
De-Brushed user
Midland, Tx / W. Lafayette, Ind.
Joined Dec 2002
2,949 Posts
Like the saying goes, "He who dies with the most toys wins."
Im 16, so i justify buying new planes as getting a headstart in the grand game we call life.
Uh-oh, just had a philosophical moment there.
CAFplanekid is offline Find More Posts by CAFplanekid
Old Feb 20, 2003, 08:26 PM
central AZ
Joined May 2002
1,359 Posts
I've got one R/C (soon to be two, with an E-Squared) planes, two almost complete FF models, a third nearing completion for Science Olympiad, a Guillows Cessna 172 (before I found out about all this fun stuff!), and two Sterling Peanut scale models. The Cessna and Sterling models are still in the boxes, and I'm trying to save for an aileron plane (GWS Mustang, SB Sport, etc). After that, it'll be DBlum's 182 (when it comes out), a Caravan (when I can afford it), a MM 180 (when I can afford it), a Tiny-X (when I can afford it), and the list goes on!

Nick
KnifeEdge51 is online now Find More Posts by KnifeEdge51
Old Feb 20, 2003, 08:35 PM
Tacoma, WA, USA
Joined Jun 2001
4,112 Posts
Quote:
when do you reach "TOO MANY" ?
When you start stepping on them
William A is offline Find More Posts by William A
Old Feb 20, 2003, 08:37 PM
Iron Mountain,MI
Joined May 2002
2,272 Posts
Helicool , Hi, What is that down towards the bottom ?? Desert storm - - -- - - Egyptian ? Fine Skooter

Got a more detailed shot or two of it ?? Never seen one like that before but there are lots of things I never saw yet
uncled is offline Find More Posts by uncled
Old Feb 20, 2003, 08:43 PM
dru
San Diego Calif.
Joined Jul 2002
170 Posts
I have a garage full of aircraft. I have rady to fly, Cox aircruiser highway patrol, foam glider with two props, Lite Stick, Electro streak (kit), the rest are glow, Ugly Stick 40, Tower Trainer 40, Tower trainer 60, Global Ulitmate bipe, GP Spectrum, Kyosho Nexus, Thunder Tiger Raptor, Pilot Pitts S2A.

With a little bit of work I can get into the air a CG Cub, scratch built Bi-plum( big old ugly bi-lane, Pilot PT-19, Freedom (slope glider), Wanderer 72 (elecric), HOB 1/12 Mustang, GP Aero Master 60, GP Super Sportster 40, Jet Fire 40, HOB profile Sukohi, Barnstormer 10. This does not count the kits I still have in the box on the shelf.

When I get my tax return back I will be getting a couple of Sureflite foamies to go electric.

You can never have enough planes, radios, servos, Rx's, chargers and battery's.

Dru.

P.S. Yes I am adicted to model aircraft. I have been collecting for many years.
dru is offline Find More Posts by dru
Old Feb 20, 2003, 08:50 PM
Iron Mountain,MI
Joined May 2002
2,272 Posts
When I get my tax return back I will be getting a couple of Sureflite foamies to go electric.

You can never have enough planes, radios, servos, Rx's, chargers and battery's.

Yep, and its starting all over again! Magic words foamies - - - electric. That will escalate to lazer cut and Li-poly and brushless We only live this one time for sure
Old Feb 20, 2003, 08:52 PM
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2002
3,878 Posts
Dudes - How many Planes do you have & when do you reach "TOO MANY"?

mrebman,

I think it is different for everyone. Take into account your storage space, the money you can afford to put out and some kind of number begins to form. I think it is not fixed, but can shrink and expand.

I just brought two kits home from the Mid Winter Electrics. I have no idea of when I will build them. They join a few other boxes that are waiting to take shape. I'm in the middle of a scratch building project, so my numbers are going up.

I like a variety, so I can fly something different each outing if I want.

(I sent a plane I was finished with to my wife's first grade class. It will go to the boy who has made the most improvement this year. That opened some space!)

Roger
Rogerdoger is offline Find More Posts by Rogerdoger
Old Feb 20, 2003, 09:07 PM
Leaf River IL.
Joined Sep 2001
131 Posts
Re: Dudes - How many Planes do you have & when do you reach "TOO MANY"?

Quote:
Originally posted by mrebman
P.S. - I have found a way to buy planes to where she does not not notice it on the Credit Card Bill or Checking Account, I set up a Paypal acount, I sell stuff on Ebay & accept Paypal only then I pay for my GWS stuff with the Paypal Balance so no trace for the wife, pretty sneaky Huh?

-Mike-

Me too!!!! Helps keep the peace.....

I'm currently working towards 6 planes, no slimers anymore

Flying - Switchback, GWS Tigermoth, GWS Zero, Herr 48" Cub

Working on - B-24, P-40
bztguy is offline Find More Posts by bztguy
Old Feb 20, 2003, 09:12 PM
Joined Sep 2001
39 Posts
I have 11 planes:
Tiger Moth
Zagi 400
Slow Stick
Soar Star
p-51 profile
Espire
Switchback
Three Dee

And 3 glows...

And I want more!!! I don't understand it!
ekflag is offline Find More Posts by ekflag
Old Feb 20, 2003, 09:25 PM
Iron Mountain,MI
Joined May 2002
2,272 Posts
All things are Good - - - - In moderation Guess we need some self discipline I want that new Caravan bad tho
Old Feb 20, 2003, 09:32 PM
Toronto, ON Canada
Joined Jul 2002
877 Posts
The Bottom...

Uncled -> That's a mistake! It was painted yellow and then I scattered about 500 toothpicks on the wing and painted it with some leftover Blue - It came out kinda cool!

My Digican is on the fritz, but here's an old Pic with my Plane Guardian, Marvin.
Helicool is offline Find More Posts by Helicool
Old Feb 20, 2003, 09:35 PM
Iron Mountain,MI
Joined May 2002
2,272 Posts
OK, The darn thing looks really great on the rack - - - Marvin don't look too happy but whats he know ?? Cool , Thanks
Old Feb 20, 2003, 10:01 PM
KLH
Pack Rat
Hayward CA / Valley Springs CA USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,779 Posts
I think Rogerdoger said it best "it is different for eveyone" and I'll add to that by saying it will be different for each of us at different times in our life. At the present time I've got over 30 flyable e planes and have no intention to stop building. I've got the time (retired and kids all grown up), I've got disposable income, I've got the room and best of all I've got a wife that likes my hobby. I've been building planes since I was 9 or 10 years old and there were times in my life when I only had one flyable plane and it got repaired and repaired because for lots of reasons ie, money, space, family etc, etc, that was all I could fit into my life situation at that moment. So I think the term "To many" depends!

Kern
KLH is offline Find More Posts by KLH