HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2015, 02:37 PM
I like piņa' colada
United States, VA, Gloucester Courthouse
Joined Oct 2014
4 Posts
Discussion
What could I put old electronics into?

Crashed a nitroplanes Blazer. I still have the electronics and would like a kit to put it in but, i'm not sure what's out there that this set up will handle. I've thought about balsa planes as well but i'm unsure about the weight differences. Would like to get another trainer plane to have a plane and would like something scale. The RX I use is a six channel Spektrum. Any ideas would be very helpful and appreciated fellas.

Motor: Outrunner Brushless 3511 KV750
Battery: LI-PO 11.1V,2200mAh 20C
ESC: 30A Brushless Outrunner ESC
Servo: 9g*4
R/C System: 2.4Ghz 4ch E401 radio
Foamwithwheels is offline Find More Posts by Foamwithwheels
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2015, 03:32 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
9,842 Posts
if you're still learning i'd stick with foam.

basically go with something that has around the same AUW of 1152 g. even a little lighter is ok. don't go over that weight. this is assuming you're going with a trainer as you stated.

thing is, most trainers come at least as PNP, so they will already have those parts. the receiver and radio will likely be most useful here. you can save the motor, ESC, servos, etc, for when you need them.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Feb 09, 2015, 04:33 PM
I like piņa' colada
Joined Oct 2014
4 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Ive moved on to a t28 and just wanted to get some use out of the stuff left over from the crash is all. Lost battery connection and it spun in.
Would like another trainer for messing around with.
Old Feb 09, 2015, 04:51 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
9,842 Posts
your parts would be suited for scratchbuilding, if you're interested in that. then i recommend this forum: http://www.rcgroups.com/foamies-scratchbuilt-428/

if buying, there are some listed in the middle of the page here: http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...SortOrder=desc
that are close to your original plane in the weight range. you can also look up headsuphobby.com and valuehobby.com
while these planes come with motor, servo, ESC - you could place your parts in them, if you'd like, with minimal effort.

i do not know the current draw of your plane. going off the ESC, its approximately 300 watts. for a trainer you need 70-90 watts/lb. so, any 3-4 lb plane should be suitable for your parts. do not go heavier than that. however, it is likely your amp draw was much less. since your original plane is 2.5lb, i would probably only risk as high as 3lb.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Feb 10, 2015, 07:41 AM
I like piņa' colada
Joined Oct 2014
4 Posts
Thanks for the help, i'll surely look into this stuff!