New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2015, 07:18 PM
Find More Posts by Zeroeffect
Joined Feb 2015
59 Posts
Discussion
Fatshark teleporter kit, switching to another cam?

I have the Fatshark teleporter V3 kit. If I changed to a 600 TVL Sony board cam would that make the picture better?

It seems that CMOS camera isn't very good.

Also would I be able to utilize the rest of the Fatshark system for power? Could I hook up a new camera the same way the pilot HD is currently setup?
Zeroeffect is offline Find More Posts by Zeroeffect
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2015, 12:29 PM
Find More Posts by DanT
United States, TX
Joined Feb 2006
1,635 Posts
Quote:
If I changed to a 600 TVL Sony board cam would that make the picture better?
A little but you don't have the lines in goggles ? You have only 320x240 lines in your display.
Your goggles have very little lines built into them.[B] Headset: 25 degree FOV QVGA (320x240 lines) display
More lines = better video and picture with more detail !
Example FatShark Attitude V2 goggles have Fov 35 degree and VGA, 640X480) more lines better video picture!
With Adjustable IPD 59-69mm for eyes
The camera that comes with this kit is also IMO bad .
Using better antennas and getting a better camera will help some!
IMO if your going to keep this combo kit, start with better camera and antennas .
DanT
DanT is online now Find More Posts by DanT
Last edited by DanT; May 24, 2015 at 12:45 PM.
Old May 24, 2015, 02:59 PM
Find More Posts by Zeroeffect
Joined Feb 2015
59 Posts
Thank you. I'm still new at all this. I'm going to try a better camera and some antennas.
Zeroeffect is offline Find More Posts by Zeroeffect
Old May 24, 2015, 04:19 PM
Find More Posts by Heppy Ket
What place .... is this ???
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2011
1,805 Posts
This is a good camera that will fit the voltage requirements of Immersion / Fatshark transmitters perfectly, you will of course benefit from a higher resolution in your goggles, but you will see an improvement. You will need to tweak the settings of the camera to get the best out of it.

http://www.securitycamera2000.com//p...PV-Camera.html

It now comes with a nifty metal casing and works well, looks like this ....

Flight Camera St Kilda (11 min 32 sec)
Heppy Ket is offline Find More Posts by Heppy Ket