New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 25, 2015, 03:08 AM
Find More Posts by Johnnz
Queenstown, New Zealand
Joined Apr 2005
739 Posts
What best these days in fixed pitch?

Hi all,
About ten years ago I learnt to fly a Ikarus Piccolo which was fixed pitch and if I recall correctly was "300 size". I upgraded it throughout during the time I had it into a pretty capable little machine (brushless, lipo, faster/smoother blades), a few years later I bought a Trex 450 but never had as much fun as I had with the Piccolo. And although I flew the Piccolo until I couldn't glue the fragments of superglue back onto each other again I ended up selling the Trex 450 within a couple years.
Anyway, what options are there these days that people would recommend that would be equivalent to the Piccolo? I wouldn't mind trying out a flybarless model as I have only flown flybar type head until now.

I fly using a Futaba 7CHP so don't really want another TX.

Perhaps I should have actually asked whats best these days in 300 size as I presume flybarless isn't an option for fixed pitch.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Johnnz is offline Find More Posts by Johnnz
Last edited by Johnnz; Aug 25, 2015 at 03:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2015, 01:53 PM
Find More Posts by Florida Heli
Expert Heli Crasher
Joined Jan 2014
2,797 Posts
Many new FP helis are flybarless. Times have changed. Most also come with their own transmitters and fly on protocols not compatible with Futaba. The size you are asking about is a micro, and there is a lot of information in the micro forum about the various helis available, both FB and CP.

-Florida Heli-
Florida Heli is offline Find More Posts by Florida Heli
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:12 AM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
13,937 Posts
Align uses Futaba protocol. They don't make F/P helis. There is a new line of helis also but all are small c/p's. Micro forum will be helpful.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04