HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 01, 2013, 08:09 AM
It only takes one good idea
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,062 Posts
Hey all.

I know many are wanting a B-36 update. While my work load has gave me more RC plane time, I have been swamped with cool things. My garage needs to have the heat put back in as its cold here, and I have 3 other small projects I have gotten into. Number 1 priority besides the B-36 is getting the EII done for SEFF and a H55 done for SEFF. I also have 4 C17 nacelles to make for a great pal. I will post all this stuff on my Junk Drawer...... As am low on funds again so any money going to the 36 is stopped for now until I get the sound module for the EII and now I will need one for the H55.

Have a great 2013 all, and sorry for this thread/project taking forever. I was informed by a pal that even my B-36 project fell off the Mayan calendar.

Have a great New Year all.......

Damon
dag214 is offline Find More Posts by dag214
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:37 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,117 Posts
Sure sounds like the Dag we have come to love and admire. You got to take time off now and then, because when you get back to it, you will see things in a new light, so to speak.

Of course having your project manager, Emma, sick for a couple of days doesn't help one bit.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is online now Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:40 PM
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2002
1,614 Posts
At least I'm not the only person with too many projects and too small a wallet.

Have a fun and safe New Year, everyone, especially DAG and Emma.
byrocat is offline Find More Posts by byrocat
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:09 PM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
9,434 Posts
Happy new year dag (and everyone else). Like a great TV show we all can't wait to see what happens in the next episode but I guarantee you I'll be sad to see this one have it's finale. You are a gentleman and a scholar and a heckuva craftsman!
-Ben
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:52 AM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,062 Posts
Thanks all for the great comments.
The finishing out of the 36 is slow going. The new company I am starting is taking a huge amount of my mind, not so much a lot of time. I have promised myself for 2013 that no more than 50-55 hours a week on work. Last year was just way to much work. My family and hobby is important for my sanity. I hope to have the EII done in the next 2 weeks as I hope to start covering her tonight. If that goes as planned then all I have to do is get the sound module and then test it and, and make the wing tips, and she will be ready to fly. THEN I can get back to the B-36. I am low on RC funds so it looks like I am committing (at this date) to staying with the radio gear I have. I have all the parts to basically finish her, but not 100% the way I wanted to do it. BUT.... once shes done I still have the structural test to perform and hell...... the wing might fail and I am onto the C130......

Rock ON!!!!!!!

DAG
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:36 AM
TEAM HORIZON
Killingworth CT
Joined Nov 2008
2,548 Posts
Sounds like you have burnt out on the -36. Don't blame you. Its a huge undertaking very few would even get to that point. I'm sure like everyone, you will someday get energize again..
If its not fun, its not a hobby.
Lbuff1 is offline Find More Posts by Lbuff1
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:55 AM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbuff1 View Post
Sounds like you have burnt out on the -36. Don't blame you. Its a huge undertaking very few would even get to that point. I'm sure like everyone, you will someday get energize again..
If its not fun, its not a hobby.
Not sure why I sounded burned out Just its cold out there. Actually after Skypeing last night with my Pal Birger I went and spent a hour on her looking at battery placement (again)..... I am still getting about 3-4 hours a week done on the 36, it just the systems have slowed me down as I want everything to be a designed solution, not just stuffing 5 pounds in a 2 pound bag

She is so close to done that it is driving me crazy, but I just can't rush the systems, and then go back in a do it over (again)

But.... the EII is getting covered as soon as I attached the V-stab which I hope will be tonight..... Should have been last night but I ended up slammed yesterday.

Rock ON!!!!!!!!
DAG
Old Jan 03, 2013, 04:58 PM
SENTA A PUAAA!!!
Brazil, RJ, Miguel Pereira
Joined Apr 2007
919 Posts
I just hate the wiring/plumbing/linking time when I'm building. Add this to a couple feet of snow and a frezing cold garage and a brainstorm at work, and you get a free pass to put yourself on vacation for a while.
Wilian Amaral is offline Find More Posts by Wilian Amaral
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:04 PM
Electric Sound Guy
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined May 2009
61 Posts
Dag,
As I was reading your build threads this week I came up with a new sound and hopefully it will make you smile a bit. Let me know what you think.

New Sound for the Real Sound RC Sound Module (2 min 20 sec)

Reddogsr
reddogsr is offline Find More Posts by reddogsr
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:10 PM
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2012
508 Posts
now I'm all revved up...
jt
jpt62 is offline Find More Posts by jpt62
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:38 AM
ParkScaleModels
United States, PA, Loganville
Joined Feb 2002
4,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddogsr View Post
As I was reading your build threads this week I came up with a new sound...
THAT is just too dang cool!!!!!
zbrubaker is online now Find More Posts by zbrubaker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Shop remodeling continues...
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:28 AM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddogsr View Post
Dag,
As I was reading your build threads this week I came up with a new sound and hopefully it will make you smile a bit. Let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tauX9...ature=youtu.be

Reddogsr
Very cool.

That will be soooooo KEWL in my EII

If everyone has not been following. This system is going in my EII which is just about complete. I am only waiting on $$ to buy this system.

If you don't know my EII build is here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1752214

Rock ON

DAG
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:20 AM
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Apr 2011
396 Posts
That is fantastic sounding, I would imagine besides being slaved to the throttle, it takes another channel for on/off? What kind of weight is involved as well?
Ducky22 is online now Find More Posts by Ducky22
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:26 PM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
9,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky22 View Post
That is fantastic sounding, I would imagine besides being slaved to the throttle, it takes another channel for on/off? What kind of weight is involved as well?
Why would you need on/off? At 0 throttle most systems output no sound, advancing the stick a tiny bit triggers a start-up / idle noise sequence, and past that the engine sound revving is produced. Sorry I'm Not being a jerk here, honest, just curious why you'd want a remote off switch on a dedicated channel.
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Jan 07, 2013, 01:56 PM
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Apr 2011
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post
Why would you need on/off? At 0 throttle most systems output no sound, advancing the stick a tiny bit triggers a start-up / idle noise sequence, and past that the engine sound revving is produced. Sorry I'm Not being a jerk here, honest, just curious why you'd want a remote off switch on a dedicated channel.
I don't want another channel used as my project is full but the video shows the "hand" switch something at the beginning which appeared to "start the engines". If that is just trimming the throttle up by one notch...I am unsure and that was the point of my question.
Ducky22 is online now Find More Posts by Ducky22