SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 15, 2004, 09:23 AM
Pgh PA and Dania Beach FL
Joined Jul 2001
70 Posts
Locate a flying field Forum/Site

I have been serching the net for fly fields in Tx and FL. Talking to other flyers there are a lot more out there than you can find on the net even the AMA doesn't list them all.

It would be great to click on a state, then a county and see all the fly sights on a map and click on map and get details on fly field such as pictures directions to field etc.

I have more suggestions on this if there is any intrest.

Thanks e-zone,

Tom
Snow Bird PA-FL is offline Find More Posts by Snow Bird PA-FL
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2004, 12:11 PM
Joined Jan 2003
1,421 Posts
The real challenge with website links is maintenance . . perhaps you have encountered numerous "dead links" in your research so far. Depending on the amount of links, this could be an almost daily requirement. It takes a very motivated person to endure this drudgery . . you sound like a potential candidate. The AMA and RC Web Directory websites are good examples to expand on.

One of the downsides to the RC Groups Club Forum format, is that it is difficult to determine the location of some of the clubs. A subtitle city and state requirement is one solution.
aeropal is offline Find More Posts by aeropal