HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:24 AM
Poland, Lesser Poland Voivodeship, Krakow
Joined Jan 2013
18 Posts
Help!
Gimbal yaw twising

Hi there. I've searched through some threads for possible answers, but haven't got any solid solutions so here I am, writing this post.

I'm running a T960 hex with 2 axis ack pro mid sized gimbal. Like the one aviable at hobbyking. Everything is working well apart from the fact, that the gimbal wobbles ocasionally. There is some twisting motion in the yaw axis that intensifies with speed. The shaking is not terrible, but pronounced enough to ruin a good shot. I've replaced the original damping balls with blue ones, and put earbuds inside to stiffen them. Last traces of jello disappeared, but the gimbal still twists. I've regulated my gains to the point I find the best (Naza V2 300/300/250/180 Atti 150/150) and found no improvement. Hard-mounting a gopro on the frame revealed that the copter itself is flying in a stable and straight manner, and only the gimbal shakes.

Do you have any idea how to eliminate that? The gimbal is quite in front, as I wanted to have as much footage without the props as possible. I'm aware that could add to the problem, but I'd like to hear if there are any other methods to provide additional rotational stability to the gimbal.
atbtomaha is offline Find More Posts by atbtomaha
to remove ads between posts