HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:53 AM
between Spain and China
Joined Apr 2010
8 Posts
Video
Tareq Alsaadi first test for the RJX Vector 700

Tareq Alsaadi first test for the RJX Vector 700 (2 min 41 sec)
RJX HOBBY is offline Find More Posts by RJX HOBBY
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2014, 02:13 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,384 Posts
I like the mechanical design but I'd really prefer a pod and boom with normal skids.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Oct 30, 2014, 06:23 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
I like the mechanical design but I'd really prefer a pod and boom with normal skids.
+1.. This is a heli I really like and would consider buying but I'd really like to have the option of more conventional skids. I'd also prefer pod and boom but I could live with the full fuselage.

Anyway, it certainly flies great
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Nov 07, 2014, 07:11 AM
Super Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
1,929 Posts
The pearl white fuselage is gorgeous up close. From pictures I thought it was just plain white as in primer white but this is pearl white like on a vehicle so I'm keeping it that way and just gonna add a few stickers.

Anyway a big THANK YOU to RJX Hobby in Hong Kong for giving me a nice bonus gift with my kit...

TheKingPhisher is offline Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Old Nov 07, 2014, 09:18 AM
Joined Jul 2008
6 Posts
You will love this heli. If you have any questions drop me a line
RoadRunnerAZ is online now Find More Posts by RoadRunnerAZ
Old Nov 09, 2014, 01:39 AM
Super Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
1,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRunnerAZ View Post
You will love this heli. If you have any questions drop me a line
Thanks I will, you're Steve from SHS in Germany right? BTW do you plan on making any carbon fiber options for the Vector?
Old Nov 09, 2014, 02:37 AM
Joined Jul 2008
6 Posts
Yes, Steve from StevesHobby-Shop.com. Up to now no plans to make any parts as this heli is about perfect. Maybe canopy mounts 😇
Old Nov 09, 2014, 03:10 AM
Super Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
1,929 Posts
Yeah I suspected it's pretty well designed, but some people are on the fence because they don't like the skids so if you offered a different skids option more kits will be sold.

I briefly looked at the mounting surface for the skids and it's curved which will make it more difficult to make aftermarket skids. The stock skids are molded carbon fiber instead of flat plate. I guess if you have access to a 3D scanner you could scan the curved surface and export the scan to a CAD program where you could then use to machine a curved aluminum base plate for an easier to produce flat skid arms.
Last edited by TheKingPhisher; Nov 09, 2014 at 04:39 AM.
Old Nov 09, 2014, 03:39 PM
Flying a recreational vehicle!
Greenland, Qaasuitsup
Joined Apr 2013
1,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPhisher View Post
...but some people are on the fence because they don't like the skids so...
yeh, who came up with...THAT idea? i also saw other kit made by someone else where "skids" were sorta like needles protruding forward and you're supposed to land on them...that's something else.
Flying Pitcher is offline Find More Posts by Flying Pitcher
Old Nov 21, 2014, 03:37 AM
Leeds, UK
Joined Nov 2004
1,510 Posts
So what was the bonus gift?
Nice heli btw!

Quote:
The pearl white fuselage is gorgeous up close. From pictures I thought it was just plain white as in primer white but this is pearl white like on a vehicle so I'm keeping it that way and just gonna add a few stickers.

Anyway a big THANK YOU to RJX Hobby in Hong Kong for giving me a nice bonus gift with my kit...

muscleflex is offline Find More Posts by muscleflex
Old Nov 21, 2014, 03:46 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,120 Posts
Quote:
The pearl white fuselage is gorgeous up close.
So that's two weeks, have you built it yet?

It's a crime to leave such a fantastic heli sitting locked up in a box along with all your other kit collection, they should be flying free like they were intended to

If you have too many helis to build I'm willing to take some off your hands on a charitable basis, I promise to set them free of their box, build them and fly them, like they should (well fly them to the best of my ability at least).

JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Nov 21, 2014, 06:07 AM
Joined Jul 2008
6 Posts
Name: uploadfromtaptalk1416568051069.jpg
Views: 6
Size: 23.5 KB
Description:
Old Nov 21, 2014, 11:18 AM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,733 Posts
I'll re check this thread in 4-6 months. . .
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Last edited by Dejavu*Xion; Nov 21, 2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 01:50 PM
Leeds, UK
Joined Nov 2004
1,510 Posts
haha. i'll come back in that time then!
muscleflex is offline Find More Posts by muscleflex
Old Nov 21, 2014, 02:48 PM
Super Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
1,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pitcher View Post
yeh, who came up with...THAT idea? i also saw other kit made by someone else where "skids" were sorta like needles protruding forward and you're supposed to land on them...that's something else.
Yeah the skids are a risky proposition. At least on the Goblin Speed there is an option for "normal" skids included with the kit. Since the Vector is designed to be a all in one solution...ie Speed/3D/F3C, that's part of the reasoning for the small skids but I do think RJX should offer a standard skids option like the Goblin Speed for those who may not want to risk a tip over when attempting crazy autos. The current skids are probably limiting potential sales. I've heard that they will offer a non limited editon Vector after they sell through the limited edition model so there may be other options available later. Personally I don't have a problem with the skids but I could understand why some potential buyers might.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleflex View Post
So what was the bonus gift?
Nice heli btw!

haha. i'll come back in that time then!
Thanks, I got some spare parts of my choosing so I chose main belt, tail belt, tail shaft, spindle shaft, battery tray, main gear. Anyway I'll be doing the full build as soon as I get some alternative dampers..it's already on order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
So that's two weeks, have you built it yet?

It's a crime to leave such a fantastic heli sitting locked up in a box along with all your other kit collection, they should be flying free like they were intended to

If you have too many helis to build I'm willing to take some off your hands on a charitable basis, I promise to set them free of their box, build them and fly them, like they should (well fly them to the best of my ability at least).

Guilty as charged. I did start a "prebuild" for "fitment" and it turns out the included dampers are super tight so I'm in the process of ordering different dampers. In the meantime I have to do some sanding of some carbon fiber cross members for my Beam build because the slots that are cut into the side frames are too narrow for said plates. That build will be completed this weekend so I'm slowly making actual progress instead of procrastinating and spending my weekends playing my new video games. What's funny is one of the games I've been playing I purchased about a year ago but only started playing it last week...

In related news I did get a new JR XG14E radio so I'll be using DMSS instead of FASST on these builds.