HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 31, 2014, 09:12 AM
quit crying start flying
United States, CA
Joined Mar 2013
1,944 Posts
Discussion
Bay Area California Fpv'ers Los'ers Post Up

Basically posting this thread to see where all you bay area mini fpv or non fpv addicts are.

Post your location and favorite flying place via google maps or earth

Hope to update this thread everyday with new locations and meet more of you bay area fpv pilots

Please share and introduce yourself

Thanks

Bay
bayareaheli is offline Find More Posts by bayareaheli
Last edited by bayareaheli; May 31, 2014 at 10:04 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2014, 09:32 AM
quit crying start flying
United States, CA
Joined Mar 2013
1,944 Posts
Reserved for google maps/earth fpv flight lications
Old May 31, 2014, 09:32 AM
quit crying start flying
United States, CA
Joined Mar 2013
1,944 Posts
Reserved for rcg members list and their location
Old May 31, 2014, 09:34 AM
quit crying start flying
United States, CA
Joined Mar 2013
1,944 Posts
Wake up people!!! im amped up right now!!!

No seriously wake up!!!

Grrrrrr!!!

Bay
Old May 31, 2014, 09:45 AM
United States, CA, Sanger
Joined Apr 2013
927 Posts
Uh, I'm not far from the bay, and I don't FPV yet, but I like the Bay Area, and really wanna do FPV soon. ...does that count?

*first reply btw*
EhnTeePee is offline Find More Posts by EhnTeePee
Old May 31, 2014, 10:03 AM
quit crying start flying
United States, CA
Joined Mar 2013
1,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EhnTeePee View Post
Uh, I'm not far from the bay, and I don't FPV yet, but I like the Bay Area, and really wanna do FPV soon. ...does that count?

*first reply btw*
Yes of course any quad fpv or not, I would even let you take my Nemesis for a spin

Where you located bud?
Old May 31, 2014, 10:27 AM
Joined Apr 2013
927 Posts
Sweet! Sanger,Sir.

South and East of you, east of fresburgh.

I have family in Georgetown so running through the bay is really not an issue.

I started with a S022 Chinook and have graduated through to an HT450. Fpv is not far away.
Thank the Grape-Lord Jeebus that this stuff is "Regular Guy" Aphrodite... (er, Affordable)

I Like and Sub, for Like and Sub

I'm a sharer too.
Old May 31, 2014, 10:51 AM
dry your eyes and go fly
United States, CA
Joined Aug 2013
730 Posts
Quote:
Sweet! Sanger,Sir.

South and East of you, east of fresburgh.

I have family in Georgetown so running through the bay is really not an issue.

I started with a S022 Chinook and have graduated through to an HT450. Fpv is not far away.
Thank the Grape-Lord Jeebus that this stuff is "Regular Guy" Aphrodite... (er, Affordable)

I Like and Sub, for Like and Sub

I'm a sharer too.
Yep you live real close to me, we need to got tear some sky up bro
I got a extra set of goggles if you want to go for a ride, I'll be out at woodward park for a bit this morning then kings river a little later
joe559 is online now Find More Posts by joe559
Last edited by joe559; May 31, 2014 at 12:11 PM.
Old May 31, 2014, 12:25 PM
Joined Apr 2013
927 Posts
Ugh, today is "Get the house ready for the bar-b-q tomorrow day. Dang, joe.
Grr....!
I hate having a great opp like that go by.

But, maybe soon?
Old May 31, 2014, 12:38 PM
dry your eyes and go fly
United States, CA
Joined Aug 2013
730 Posts
Quote:
Ugh, today is "Get the house ready for the bar-b-q tomorrow day. Dang, joe.
Grr....!
I hate having a great opp like that go by.

But, maybe soon?
I fly almost everyday so let me know anytime. I will shoot you my number in pm so if you get some free time you can call or text me
joe559 is online now Find More Posts by joe559
Old May 31, 2014, 01:34 PM
Joined Jun 2013
285 Posts
East Bay, Emeryville. Have not yet found a great place to fpv yet however!
wintermoot is offline Find More Posts by wintermoot
Old May 31, 2014, 03:08 PM
Joined Nov 2007
316 Posts
I don't live there anymore, but Baylands Park in Sunnyvale was my main park
driverside is offline Find More Posts by driverside
Old Jul 01, 2014, 07:46 PM
Joined Feb 2012
24 Posts
Hi Guys,

I've been flying helis for a while and am just getting into FPV and mini multirotors. Bought a BAH and a BO quad, trying to find time to build the birds and GS and start flying (crashing LOL). I fly at Bedwell Bayfront Park in Menlo Park and live across town. Would love to hook up with experts like you BayAreaHeli and if nothing else watch and learn.
HelisRock is offline Find More Posts by HelisRock
Old Jul 01, 2014, 10:18 PM
Joined Jul 2013
51 Posts
Baylands is a popular flying field that's generally packed with flyers on the weekends. It's not much of a multirotor FPV spot though, because it's just a big empty field. People do long FPV plane flights there. It's a bit crowded for my taste, and an annoying/expensive drive in a rental car from SF.

I have never found much of a spot for FPV around SF. I fly mostly in Berkeley at Cesar Chavez park, and Foster City at the old airstrip in the park along the bay. But for the last few months I've unfortunately been avoiding flying because of the hassle of renting a car and hoping to find a decent spot not too many people around. It's so frustrating to be in a place with such great weather, but still having trouble finding reliable spots to fly!

I've seen lots of videos of people flying FPV in close quarters around the Bay Area (including your nice videos bayareaheli), but I'm not confident enough with my skills and with not getting in legal trouble to do that. Maybe if I had a solid small group of people to fly with I'd be more confident.
baddox is offline Find More Posts by baddox
Old Jul 01, 2014, 10:32 PM
quit crying start flying
United States, CA
Joined Mar 2013
1,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddox View Post
Baylands is a popular flying field that's generally packed with flyers on the weekends. It's not much of a multirotor FPV spot though, because it's just a big empty field. People do long FPV plane flights there. It's a bit crowded for my taste, and an annoying/expensive drive in a rental car from SF.

I have never found much of a spot for FPV around SF. I fly mostly in Berkeley at Cesar Chavez park, and Foster City at the old airstrip in the park along the bay. But for the last few months I've unfortunately been avoiding flying because of the hassle of renting a car and hoping to find a decent spot not too many people around. It's so frustrating to be in a place with such great weather, but still having trouble finding reliable spots to fly!

I've seen lots of videos of people flying FPV in close quarters around the Bay Area (including your nice videos bayareaheli), but I'm not confident enough with my skills and with not getting in legal trouble to do that. Maybe if I had a solid small group of people to fly with I'd be more confident.
i fly at coyote point you are more and welcome to come flying with us when we head out there its super windy though and your quad bounces all over the place but its super fun lots of trees to hit lol