HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2014, 12:10 PM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined Sep 2013
116 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys.
It's strange how I managed to burn my hk14000 and a 10a esc (previously) so soon. I'm only BL since early summer. I'm not using the micro connectors, everything is soldered directly.
Oh well, I guess these motors are more expendable than I thought.
Live and learn! Just dont forget to fly in between

Now where is that HP05S they shipped from oversky since 6/11??
homeless is offline Find More Posts by homeless
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2014, 02:10 PM
Joined Jan 2013
787 Posts
I was in maplin today and while looking for heat shrink insulation I stumbled on roll's of lacquered copper wile and I'd been meaning to get some to re wind a couple of BL motors so I picked up what I guessed was the right thickness 0.28mm ,I had not measured it and when I got home I measured the M5 motor's wire and it was 0.2mm but I thought hey ho I'll have a go as it would be a good practice anyway and interesting to see how it compared ,the original number of wind's were 14 ,I first try'd 11 winds but it was way too much so I reduced to 9 and hopefully I can finish the job in the morning .
Now if I remember correctly less winds of thicker wire should give more torqu less rpm or is it the other way round ?
Anyway I'll get some 0.2mm and do it again but out of curiosity am I right with thicker wire giving more torqu less rpm or is it the other way round with thinner wire giving more torqu ?
dadio is online now Find More Posts by dadio
Old Dec 04, 2014, 06:56 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1,578 Posts
Generally thats less winding = more speed
joeclone is offline Find More Posts by joeclone
Old Dec 05, 2014, 05:25 AM
Joined Aug 2007
1,503 Posts
Yo

What do you estimate is the optimum battery for a 100 size ship , ??

My guess would be a 450MAH 1S 30 /60 C
NX-687 is offline Find More Posts by NX-687
Old Dec 05, 2014, 07:21 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined Sep 2013
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless View Post
I also have some trouble with my Hk14000 single brushless.

Without crashes, while hovering, the heli dropped. I checked and found that the motor starts to "cough" and stops (if that makes any sense) after some seconds in the session. It get's short bursts of power, that cut down and restart with no pattern. It acts like some connection is not solid, but I checked and resoldered all the dodgy ones and the problem is still there. I tried moving some cables with the throttle activated to see if I can find a bad joint, still no pattern. Starts strong for some seconds sometimes and the problem starts occuring after some seconds of low hovering.

The question is: Is this how brushless motors go out? I'm still waiting on my HP05S so I dont have an alternative to try. Any ideas would be splendid!
As it turns out, those 10A escs from HK and me don't get along so well... I tried on a borrowed HK14000 motor, trying to isolate the problem, only to find out that the "coughing" is still there. The beeping volume is very low, and turning it up through BLHeli doesn't work. This esc doesn't provide enough power as it seems or gets tired very fast. I followed every cable line cm by cm trying to find something cut, resoldered EVERYTHING on the esc, switched to the second motor FET for the signal and nothing happened. I know this esc is supposed to be reliable and all, but if I wanted to try something different for the main, what should I try? I like the pre-soldered BLheli plug on this one, and it's going to be a great discomfort not having it, but It seems that my luck "commands" me to try another
I was running it at gov setup mode and about 4800rpm. Could the BLheli parameters have to do with me killing these escs?
Old Dec 05, 2014, 10:57 AM
Joined Jan 2013
1,578 Posts
I've had a fet burn out on the HK10a, so you're not the only one that had problems with it. Couldn't find a suitable replacement fet for it so now it's in the junk bin. Agreed that they're not the most durable but at least they're affordable. You could try the XP-7A for your 1s .
joeclone is offline Find More Posts by joeclone
Old Dec 12, 2014, 07:33 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined Sep 2013
116 Posts
Still waiting on that HP05S from OverskyRC.com, still grounded.

Have you guys ordered stuff from there before? I'm waiting for 36 days now since they shipped it. Should I worry? It's my first order from their site you see...
Old Dec 12, 2014, 01:09 PM
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2013
907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless View Post
Still waiting on that HP05S from OverskyRC.com, still grounded.

Have you guys ordered stuff from there before? I'm waiting for 36 days now since they shipped it. Should I worry? It's my first order from their site you see...
The stuff I have ordered from them took approx 2 weeks to NZ.
EchoRaven is online now Find More Posts by EchoRaven