Old Mar 07, 2013, 02:23 PM
I like to scratch
United Kingdom, Leicester
Joined May 2008
139 Posts
Question
AFPD upgrade to aerofly 5

Hi everyone,

If I purchase a second hand version of AFPD am I still able to buy the upgrade version of Aerofly 5 for it, or is the serial for afpd registered to the original owner and thus preventing me to upgrade via the online registration for aerofly 5.

Full version Aerofly 5 is 200 and the upgrade version is 119. Second hand afpd is 5. You can work out the reason to my question and would just like to be sure before commiting funds for them both.

Oh and second hand version is a retail version with cd and original USB dongle. I just want to make that clear.

Thanks in advance

Paul
paul74 is offline Find More Posts by paul74
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2013, 02:42 PM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
Hi,

Does your AFPD version work? It needs both the dongle and license file to work. The license file will be created when you enter the serial online, it's printed on the DVD
If this works, the Aerofly 5 upgrade should work too. Both versions use the same dongle.

But it's best to contact support and see if your dongle/serial is still valid.

Cheers!
Puzom is offline Find More Posts by Puzom
Old Mar 07, 2013, 03:17 PM
I like to scratch
Joined May 2008
139 Posts
Yes the dongle and disc work on my friends pc as thats who I am buying it from. He uses phoenix now. I cannot get hold of him till next week and when putting the question as above post
to him before he went on holiday he could not give me a answer.

Paul
Old Mar 07, 2013, 03:51 PM
I like to scratch
Joined May 2008
139 Posts
ah just read your reply again after posting my reply. So the serial is registered to my friend? If so then it is of no use to me then.

Thanks
Paul
Old Mar 07, 2013, 04:26 PM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
He can contact support and ask them to unregister his serial and dongle code. This way you should be able to use it.

http://www.aerofly.com/afpd/support.html
Puzom is offline Find More Posts by Puzom
Old Mar 07, 2013, 06:03 PM
I like to scratch
Joined May 2008
139 Posts
Ok thanks for your help. I'll wait for my friend to get back before I do any thing.

Paul