SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:46 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
Ok guys I replaced the whole head and gears. Still have bad shak in the tail. The higher the head speed the more it shakes. So I diconnected the gyro from the heli and let it dangle while I had the heli in my hand. Spun it up and shack was gone. The only thing left is the motor. It spins fine by hand and doesnt seem to feel bad but thats all thats left. So I guess I am going to order a new motor and see how it goes
is she tracking ok?
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:50 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,468 Posts
The blades are tracking perfectly on both heads. The HK head has thunderpower blades on it and the align head has align blades.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:53 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
The blades are tracking perfectly on both heads. The HK head has thunderpower blades on it and the align head has align blades.
that must of been a bad crash. hmm i'm running out of options for you. check for slop on the tail?
Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:57 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,468 Posts
No slop in the tail. I have change every part again in it. So the only thing thats left is the motor. I will order another one and hope that does the trick. I can put it in the HK if its not the issues(had a black motor in it but It got killed by the mounting screws )
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:40 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
No slop in the tail. I have change every part again in it. So the only thing thats left is the motor. I will order another one and hope that does the trick. I can put it in the HK if its not the issues(had a black motor in it but It got killed by the mounting screws )
yeah I know the feelin. I've been there brother. I check the mounting screws, and I dremel it to the right size now days. prior to fitting
Old Nov 19, 2010, 01:28 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
it was such a nice day today, i decided to do some painting. very theraputical I've been having too many blade strikes lately, it's costing me too much on the CF blades @ $30 a pop, so I will be staying with plastic, until my C rate goes down.

Building another 250, this one will be 5800+ HS, just a little bit faster than my other 250 @ 5500HS. I've been flying with the much smaller paddles weight is .8 grams each, compared to the original ones weight 2 grams each. I'll be using the esky digital servos on the tail and cyclics. These servos are so sensitive like the hxt900, if you move the arm by hand, it stuffs them up, they start freaking out on my next spool up. so delicate to work with
Last edited by pitchp; Nov 19, 2010 at 01:33 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 02:07 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Ok guys I replaced the whole head and gears. Still have bad shak in the tail. The higher the head speed the more it shakes. So I diconnected the gyro from the heli and let it dangle while I had the heli in my hand. Spun it up and shack was gone. The only thing left is the motor. It spins fine by hand and doesnt seem to feel bad but thats all thats left. So I guess I am going to order a new motor and see how it goes
Just an idea... Have you tried a different gyro?
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Nov 19, 2010, 06:21 AM
Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2 View Post
Hey wade,not spoken for a while how are you finding your 450 after changing the rates and expo ?did you get it to feel nice and tame ?
Gday mate,

The heli is very nice and tame now. I have also put 500 paddles on it and its pretty much how I want it...

Just want to get this vibration/drift issue gone and I will be over the moon. Just have to try the gyro mod now.

How do I stop the HK401B from drifting in HH mode ? when I apply left or right rudder it will slowly drift back to where it was before the stick input. But doesnt do it at all in rate mode.
Wade1 is offline Find More Posts by Wade1
Old Nov 19, 2010, 07:23 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
hey losi, you might know this. In this video there is a belt cp v2 he claims it is all stock , well except for the futaba radio, and the cf blades. There is a peice of string that is connected to the vertical tail fin. what is that? Is that a futaba antenna? And that is not stock, I swear that is not stock. My heli doesn't sound like that. I clocked him @4100 HS, hell no that is stock. I swear my motor doesn't sound like that @ 100@ throttle. And my piro rates is not that fast on my belt cp. However it is the same as my hk450v1

Belt cp V2 Vuelo 3D (1 min 18 sec)
Last edited by pitchp; Nov 19, 2010 at 07:44 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:24 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
hey losi, you might know this. In this video there is a belt cp v2 he claims it is all stock , well except for the futaba radio, and the cf blades. There is a peice of string that is connected to the vertical tail fin. what is that? Is that a futaba antenna? And that is not stock, I swear that is not stock. My heli doesn't sound like that. I clocked him @4100 HS, hell no that is stock. I swear my motor doesn't sound like that @ 100@ throttle. And my piro rates is not that fast on my belt cp. However it is the same as my hk450v1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci1IvIwApaw
Ye the wire is the antenna,he points to the esc on the side,dont know if that is stock but maybe with a different esc or radio you may be able to up the head speed?
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:52 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade1 View Post
Gday mate,

The heli is very nice and tame now. I have also put 500 paddles on it and its pretty much how I want it...

Just want to get this vibration/drift issue gone and I will be over the moon. Just have to try the gyro mod now.

How do I stop the HK401B from drifting in HH mode ? when I apply left or right rudder it will slowly drift back to where it was before the stick input. But doesnt do it at all in rate mode.
Im glad you got it to feel good,its hard when you get a 450 and dont know what all the adjustments are for in the tx or the effect on the way the helli feels.i went to the 450 straight from a walkera cb100 and i was pulling my hair out trying to get the tx set up
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:17 AM
Joined Jan 2004
24 Posts
how to get tail belt over gear in hk 450 pro housing

I know I must have missed something, too ashamed to ask but after a day of looking and trying to figure this one out I gave up. How do I get the belt on the gearing in the back of the hk 450 pro heli for the tail boom belt??? I took the gear and housing out of the heli and it is one piece licked in on a shaft with a bearing at each end of it. The belt would have to be cut to get that on there, which I know is not gonna happen. Am I missing something simple here. I see one piece that is not meant to come apart in my opinion... I have a pic attached to see what I am talking about. Any input would help.
FLY-MORE is offline Find More Posts by FLY-MORE
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:21 AM
Sweden
Joined Jan 2010
567 Posts
The entire plastic housing is two parts. It might be a bit sticky, I think theres hex rods in there for the screws to screw into. But it will come apart, trust me
sandos is offline Find More Posts by sandos
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:48 AM
Not a six pack
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jul 2008
5,307 Posts
youtube has requirements for a video to be considered HD. Apart from the obvious resolution (720p minimum), the audio has to be 320kbs. There's a great little converter called 'super' which converts from almost anything to almost anything.
rocketscience is offline Find More Posts by rocketscience
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:17 PM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
I use winavi converter when I want to convert anything to anything. I use virtualdub for AVI conversion though. I like to be able to tweak the settings on the mpeg4 conversion to get the lowest file size possible.
Barak1001 is offline Find More Posts by Barak1001