HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Mar 23, 2014, 03:41 AM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Feb 2014
7 Posts
Rant
Blitzworks jollyroger F-18

Just recently purchase one of these from Banana Hobbier at the AMA show in January 2014. It looked great from the outside and had a lot of features. Not knowing much about the bird and seeing to reports, that I could find, I purchased one along with 2 other airplanes. A few weeks later I decided to tackle the project. At first when opening the box it was beautiful. The detail was great for a foam airplane. I have been building for about 25 years and mostly scale nitro airplanes. I checked out all the servos with a servo tester prior to beginning and all seemed to work with the exception of the left rudder. Now the fun began. This appeared to be a rather fast build for me. Bye fast I mean about 2 or 3 days. Most parts went together well, however, I did notice the horizontal stab as being week and I placed 3/4 glass cloth with MinWax on them to strengthen, then I noticed the front of the fuse as being rather week also so I place some carbon fiber stringers to stiffen the nose before the cockpit area. Now once I did this I noticed the folding wings were not a robust as I would like so I did some mods on them as well. I place everything together and hooked up the power to the BEC. Well that's when everything began to happen. The BEC was wired improperly from the factory and caused all of the wing servos to fry. Normally not a problem. Well normal in this case is not the word to use. The folding wing locking mechanism is in the body of the fuse. Get my drift? Now I had to cut a hole in the fuse through the bottom. I was able to get to the servo, however, they use servos with very small servo gear. So small none of my extra 150 servos would fit. I still haven't got a replacement for any of the items , of which went wrong. This means the plane after 3 months has not been flown. Over 8 servos were cooked along with the BEC, the controller for the wing and so on. I contacted Banana several times. They told me they would send me 4 servos for those I though at the time were baked and that was their total answer to making it right. I wrote to them and requested additional items, however, not much there or no comeback to this date and time. Then lets talk about the landing gear. All plastic and by my past experience of building I would say they will fail fairly readily. So here is my suggestion, on Banana Hobby and Blitzworks, "SAY AWAY".
Mako Smith is offline Find More Posts by Mako Smith
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2014, 06:25 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
Would that be "stay away"?
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Old Mar 23, 2014, 06:48 AM
Denmark - Scandinavia - Europe
Joined Nov 2010
105 Posts
No no, it is "say away".

Think of it as a magic chant.
Von Tiergarten is offline Find More Posts by Von Tiergarten
Old Mar 23, 2014, 10:05 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,354 Posts
How about wrong section as this is a jet not a warbird
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Mar 23, 2014, 01:50 PM
Joined Jul 2011
196 Posts
I agree that it should be in a "jet" forum, but...the Hornet isn't a Warbird? Hmmm, musta fought all those very recent conflicts in the Mideast with Corsairs, I guess....
dudewheresmyhuri is offline Find More Posts by dudewheresmyhuri
Old Mar 23, 2014, 02:51 PM
Joined Feb 2014
7 Posts
I believe you got the message. This is a first time for me. Besides is a military jet that flew in Iran not a warbird?
Old Mar 23, 2014, 02:55 PM
Switzerland
Joined Nov 2013
2,352 Posts
In Iran ?

Just playing the smartass

Thank you for the warning !
Shung is online now Find More Posts by Shung
Old Mar 23, 2014, 04:13 PM
Joined Feb 2014
7 Posts
iraq....sorry
Old Mar 23, 2014, 05:50 PM
Western New York
Joined Dec 2007
1,140 Posts
It does pay to read forums before you purchase
eli5539 is offline Find More Posts by eli5539
Old Mar 24, 2014, 01:06 AM
Joined Feb 2014
7 Posts
You are so right Eli5539
Old Mar 25, 2014, 01:13 PM
Joined Mar 2014
140 Posts
Hello Mako Smith!

I have looked into your case and it seems like a representative has contacted you via e-mail. Please reply to the e-mail at your earliest convenience so the representative can proceed with any additional steps for the solution.

Thank you for your patience.
BHCSR ALEX is offline Find More Posts by BHCSR ALEX
Old Mar 25, 2014, 09:25 PM
Joined Feb 2014
7 Posts
I was just contacted for the first time today. I wonder why? May it have something to do with the report here and BBB? Just a thought.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 11:40 AM
Joined Mar 2014
5 Posts
Alex seems to be new on the scene - I have been dealing with him for a week now and he has been most helpful.
Stoffel is offline Find More Posts by Stoffel
Closed Thread