HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 19, 2013, 01:31 AM
Joined Nov 2004
150 Posts
Discussion
Century NEO 660

I did many searches with no luck finding any reviews on this hex. I am not sure if it is sold under another name, therefore the reason I can not find any information. I would appreciate any information on this kit.

thank you.

http://www.centuryheli.com/products/...tml?pageid=212
Binh is offline Find More Posts by Binh
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2013, 02:02 AM
United States, LA, Baton Rouge
Joined Nov 2009
63 Posts
I have had the kit for a few weeks now. I do think it is aimed at beginners but it is a good design and the frame is strong. I fly mine hard knowing that the parts are cheap to replace. I got the whole kit with the motors and esc's included. The century esc work well with the naza but the motors are cheap. After a dozen flights the motors seem harder to turn by hand. I would suggest going with sunnysky motors and they are actually cheaper. Also, the props that came with the neo kit were way out of balance especially on the hub. It took alot to get them balanced.

I just bought a tarot 680 frame that I will move the electronics from the neo. I may sell the neo frame with motors.
flyinhigh7 is online now Find More Posts by flyinhigh7
Last edited by flyinhigh7; Mar 19, 2013 at 02:41 AM.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 03:45 PM
Joined Nov 2004
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinhigh7 View Post
I have had the kit for a few weeks now. I do think it is aimed at beginners but it is a good design and the frame is strong. I fly mine hard knowing that the parts are cheap to replace. I got the whole kit with the motors and esc's included. The century esc work well with the naza but the motors are cheap. After a dozen flights the motors seem harder to turn by hand. I would suggest going with sunnysky motors and they are actually cheaper. Also, the props that came with the neo kit were way out of balance especially on the hub. It took alot to get them balanced.

I just bought a tarot 680 frame that I will move the electronics from the neo. I may sell the neo frame with motors.
You only had the frame for a few weeks and you are done with it already? Would you not recommend this frame? Does this frame fold? I can not tell from the pictures or their description. Is there a reason why there are so little reviews on this hex?

thank you for the information.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 04:13 PM
United States, LA, Baton Rouge
Joined Nov 2009
63 Posts
The frame is fairly new I guess why not much info on it. I would recommend it, There is nothing wrong with the frame. I just wanted a carbon fiber frame. I plan on putting one of the new brushless gimbals for gopro under it. I may give the neo to a friend so he can learn how to fly.
flyinhigh7 is online now Find More Posts by flyinhigh7
Old Mar 19, 2013, 05:59 PM
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Feb 2013
931 Posts
props being hard to turn could be from having n-fet speed controllers.

to find out, try turning the props while the esc's are on, and while they're off. you should notice a difference between the two. (and by on, i mean with the flight controller NOT armed, safety first!)
serrated is offline Find More Posts by serrated
Old Mar 21, 2013, 01:24 AM
Joined Nov 2012
10 Posts
Just finished building

I just finished building the NEO 660. It's a very nice frame, I bought the frame only and have built it out with Turnigy Multistar ESC's and NTM 2830 motors. So far I've only done a couple of tune up fights to setup the NAZA's gains.
brookdain is offline Find More Posts by brookdain
Old Mar 24, 2013, 04:21 PM
Joined Nov 2012
10 Posts
NEO 660 Maiden Flight

Century NEO 660 (2 min 16 sec)
brookdain is offline Find More Posts by brookdain
Old Mar 29, 2013, 09:25 PM
Joined Nov 2004
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdain View Post
I just finished building the NEO 660. It's a very nice frame, I bought the frame only and have built it out with Turnigy Multistar ESC's and NTM 2830 motors. So far I've only done a couple of tune up fights to setup the NAZA's gains.
Thanks for the information.

I am deciding between the 600 and 660. I am only planning on running a GOPro with gimbal. Would the 660 be more stable in this situation?
Old Jul 20, 2013, 03:35 AM
Vladimir
Ukraine, Zaporiz'ka oblast, Zaporizhzhya
Joined Jul 2013
5 Posts
Can any living creature will lay out the video
as he collected Century UAV NEO 660 V2 Hexacopter

And how to set up the receiver
And how to set the autopilot DJI NAZA V2
under Century UAV NEO 660 V2 Hexacopter

Manufacturer ignores
request to put the video.

So do not anyone here has not bought Century UAV NEO 660 V2 Hexacopter ????

Share your video settings
integrozp is offline Find More Posts by integrozp
Old Jul 20, 2013, 05:33 AM
Vladimir
Joined Jul 2013
5 Posts
Gathered Century UAV NEO 660 HEX
DJI NAZA M V2 + GPS V2
Remote Futaba 8J (Transmitter)

When you first run it worked
Engine starts without propellers.

Turn off the power to re-connected
At the command to start engines no reaction

DJI NAZA LED blinks yellow.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 08:29 AM
United States, CA, Carmel Valley
Joined Nov 2010
274 Posts
Received my Century Neo 600 V2 yesterday. Instructions are entirely non-verbal pictographs. The pretty color photos on the last pages of the instructions are not correct for V2: the power distribution board is attached to the underside of the top plate, _not_ the bottom plate as shown in the color photo. This thing is big!
edpare is offline Find More Posts by edpare
Old Jul 24, 2013, 09:49 AM
United States, CA, Carmel Valley
Joined Nov 2010
274 Posts
I still can't get over how big the Neo is! Somehow, my brain just skipped over the "600" part ...

It went together well and weighs 1500g with a 3300 4S battery and no payload. I haven't got any idea about flight time yet because I'm having trouble getting X1 and X2 channels to work. I'm finding the voluminous instructions difficult to incorporate.
NAZA support for the NAZA M Lite module is not as good as for the V2: the Assistant Lite software is "cheesy" and not as smooth as what you get with the V2.
edpare is offline Find More Posts by edpare
Last edited by edpare; Jul 24, 2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 12:32 PM
Vladimir
Joined Jul 2013
5 Posts
Prompt forum
discuss where
Century NEO 660 v2
Old Jul 25, 2013, 12:34 PM
Vladimir
Joined Jul 2013
5 Posts
What are the parameters in DJI NAZA V2
Old Jul 25, 2013, 05:31 PM
Joined Mar 2013
66 Posts
I was in the Century store yesterday to buy a part and I saw the Neo 660 hex up close.

It's an impressive looking craft. Should be able to carry an Nex5 and heavy gimbal just fine. The craft is overkill for a GoPro. A little 330 mm Phantom can carry a GoPro.

I especially liked the looks of the carbon fiber main center plates and how they're set up.

Nevertheless I don't have any interest in the Neo being my next craft. I'm looking closely at the NextLevel 650 airframe. That looks like something I can build upon with room for lots of modifications.

I liked what I saw. I'm looking forward to reading more accounts coming from people who will fly it.
RobertsUp is offline Find More Posts by RobertsUp
Last edited by RobertsUp; Jul 25, 2013 at 06:01 PM.