SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:57 AM
United States, FL, Valrico
Joined Apr 2012
607 Posts
Question
Multiple planes with single transmitter?

Can I bind multiple BlitZRC 6-ch receivers to my single BlitZRC transmitter? The transmitter has no multiple model capability that I can see (no screen for model selection, etc.). Will the transmitter be able to "toggle" between planes or will it have to be re-bound to each receiver each time I want to switch planes?

Thanks.
LowSpeedStall is offline Find More Posts by LowSpeedStall
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:17 AM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowSpeedStall View Post
Can I bind multiple BlitZRC 6-ch receivers to my single BlitZRC transmitter? The transmitter has no multiple model capability that I can see (no screen for model selection, etc.). Will the transmitter be able to "toggle" between planes or will it have to be re-bound to each receiver each time I want to switch planes?

Thanks.
Yes you can as long as the rx is from the same manufacturer or the tx and rx
are similar although made by a different manufacturer.
Forrest Gump 23 is offline Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:11 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:

Thanks.
Just be aware that settings such as trims, servo reversing, etc will have to be redone every time you change models and bind to a new one.

Avoiding this is the whole reason there are multiple model memory TXs
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:47 PM
Joined Apr 2012
607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 23 View Post
Yes you can as long as the rx is from the same manufacturer or the tx and rx
are similar although made by a different manufacturer.
Yes. everything is from BlitZRC Works purchased from BH. Thanks.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:55 PM
Joined Apr 2012
607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
Just be aware that settings such as trims, servo reversing, etc will have to be redone every time you change models and bind to a new one.

Avoiding this is the whole reason there are multiple model memory TXs
Thanks.

The "and bind to a new one" was what I was concerned about. The binding process requires using a bind plug. I will bind both RXs to the single TX once so that they will recognize the GUID of the TX. Then when I power up either of the RXs they will work without having to rebind. At least that is what I am hoping for.

I am currently using a single RX with the TX to operate both planes and there is no problem with servo reversing. Trims will be set to neutral each time I begin my flying sessions and I'll just have to reset them if needed.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:50 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Thanks.

The "and bind to a new one" was what I was concerned about. The binding process requires using a bind plug. I will bind both RXs to the single TX once so that they will recognize the GUID of the TX. Then when I power up either of the RXs they will work without having to rebind. At least that is what I am hoping for.

I am currently using a single RX with the TX to operate both planes and there is no problem with servo reversing. Trims will be set to neutral each time I begin my flying sessions and I'll just have to reset them if needed.
That's a good question on the binding. I'm not familiar with the model you have, but I have used others in the past that can only be bound to one RX at any given time. For example, I had an old CX2 coaxial helicopter that used a bind plug. I bound it to my DX7 computer TX, and I was no longer able to use the cheap factory TX that came with it unless I did the bind process with it.

There are other vendors out there such as Walkera that uses an auto bind function and simply turning on the TX near any Walkera RX that is powered will result in a bind between the two. No plug is used.

The fact that yours uses a bind plug worries me that what you want to do wont work, but there is only one way to find out!
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted