HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:47 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,494 Posts
I sold off alot of vintage/modern fixed wing items to buy more than a couple of helis/Quads/Y-6 etc. Betwwen Wow hobbies/X-heli/ Direct heli/Club Heli/ Hobbyking plus local Hobby shops I generally find my need for parts. I can wait if need be. If shipping is reasonable like some no problem. Even Bamg good Ali-express are ok. Plus free shipping, Also have T-mart for small stuff. Folks who want to pay more and get it a few days early, good for them. I could care less, let em pay .......>all good.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:47 PM
Malaysia
Joined Nov 2012
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Yo Bobo, I was going to get a Master c/p from them as they had a good price. They wanted over $50.00 to ship it, naw no thankls. They can keep what ever they have. I guess they do not see what others offer and how much. They will not be around long unles they don't much care.

You also can get it from BangGood, its FREE shipping.

Fullset only US$ 207.90

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...080763201209MY

Package Included:
1 x Walkera Master CP RC Helicopter(Only Body)
1 x Walkera DEVO 7 Transmitter (mode 2)
1 x Walkera Li-po Battery 11.1V 1000mAh 25C HM-Master CP-Z-27
1 x Walkera Charger Ga-005 HM-05#4-Z-23
nelsonlee is offline Find More Posts by nelsonlee
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:01 AM
Look out! The lever!
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Feb 2005
2,625 Posts
BangGood has very good prices but tend to be a little slow and didn't have everything I was looking for. My Master CP took 3 weeks to get to me so I went with this order to ChineseJade ($5 shipping)...the last time I ordered from Terence it only took about 2 weeks to get to me. He doesn't have the new servos yet, but when he gets them in I'll get them...mine are fine right now, but it'll be nice to have a backup. :-)
The other firms mentioned are pretty much in line with prices and shipping charges, with the exception of Chinese Jade ($5 for ANY order) and Hobby One which is at the other side of the Bell curve.

At least there's more than one company selling the same thing so it's like a buffet of parts for everyone's budget and time requirements. With the exception of our government these days, life is good
bobthenuke is offline Find More Posts by bobthenuke
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:10 AM
Joined Nov 2012
24 Posts
newbie finally received 1st 6-ch heli Master CP.

still have many doubts on 6-ch operation....so I should start off with the default setting below to familiarize with the normal flight?

HOLD TRN - HOLD
GEAR - 0 (still dont understand this switch actual usage.....)
AUX2 - 0 (still dont understand this switch actual usage.....)
MIX - 0 (still dont understand this switch actual usage.....)
D/R - 0
FMD - 0

Throttle curve :
Normal -
L 0%
M 50%
H 100%

Pitch curve :
Normal -
L -15%
M +25%
H +55%

btw there will be no throttle power when HOLD TRN is set to HOLD position right, regardless of the Throttle stick position?

spectrumFlux is offline Find More Posts by spectrumFlux
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:58 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
well... it depends on a whole lot more than just those things you posted but difficult to explain them all.

THROTTLE HOLD - it'll only work as expected (0 throttle) if you have set it in the TX to active.
GEAR - no use on a 6 channel heli
AUX2 - usually used to change the GYRO setting for strong HH, normal HH and maybe rate mode...
D/R - dual rate - means you need to make bigger inputs to get the same effect and reduces the max and min rate available
EXPO - permits keeping the full control available but making the centre more or less sensitive to inputs
FMD - for people who can fly a bit already.

Your throttle curve is probably OK though you might want to get more like 0, 80, 80 in fact.

Your PIT curve... my guess is that you'll need more than 55% but it depends on if your max/min pitch has been setup correctly. At 100% you should have about 14 degrees max pitch, any more than that and nasty things can happen (binding of controls, blade stalls).
To learn, I think you probably need to have at least 10 degrees of pitch available.

FYI from the factory my Master had about 20 degrees +/-ve pitch before I set it up...!
Too much pitch just overloads the motor, reduces the headspeed (bogging) and can cause the blades to stall losing most of their lift.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:53 AM
Joined Nov 2012
24 Posts
Thanks for the advise. :-)

the value indicated earlier are all default setting on the manual.

do correct me if I'm wrong...
Throttle stick control both the throttle and pitch curve value right?
Zero throttle, ie L 0% = -15% Pitch curve (-2 deg)
Mid throttle, M 50% = +25% Pitch curve (+6 deg)
Full throttle, H 100% = +55% Pitch (+10 deg)

what's the recommended Blade pitch angle to start with for beginner?

btw the swashplate should be horizontal level right?

Thanks
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:26 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrumFlux View Post

Thanks
Yes - to what you wrote.

It should fly like that for sure.

However, the more you get into CP Helis more you'll find that the 'holy grail' is to have a constant headspeed and to control your ascent descent using blade pitch, not by changing your RPMs.
If you find that hovering and gaining altitude are slow then increase your top end on your pitch curve. Basically though, you'll just have to fiddle about with it until it 'feels' right (i.e. you feel happy with it's power/speed) - unless you have someone who can test it for you.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:32 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Are we done with the Master CP questions and feedback document? if so ill ask tom_z to send it in.
I think instead of just making issue to Master CP, maybe this document should encompass Walkera products in general. I have many Walkera products, so I may have more issues than some.
I have a Devo 8s that developed Screen display issues. The screen display becomes garbled as soon as the volttage drops, like after 5 minutes of use even with new batteries.
I have the MasterCP that will not bind with Fixed ID with a Devo 7, DEVO 8s, or a Devo 12s where the other 6 models all will so the problem is in the Master CP RV.
I purchased a Walkera brushless conversion for the MiniCP and the motor won't start by itself. Appears to be bad solder connections in the Walkera supplied PCB.
I have a Devo 12s that the battery charger now does not work after only 2 charges. I have the unit plugged into a surge protector bar. No voltage output.
I have had 2 servos lock up on my mini CP. It has never been crashed. I have yet to have a servo go on any of my other helis other than in a major crash and then, only 2 so far. When I take these apart, I found something drop out, but the gears on one were find and it is back in service after putting back together. The other I stripped because I lost my temper.

My feeling is Walkera have some very good designs and for the most part, build a pretty good Heli. It is basically their quality control and backup through their dealer network that is the issue. If we can't get assistance on products from the dealer we purchased from, we should be able to contact Walkera directely for help.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:43 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrumFlux View Post

Thanks
If you have never had a CP in the air, I would suggest not using the factory pitch curve.
I would try:
Low 0 %
Middle 20%
High 50%
This will make your take of a little softer and if you pull the stick to low, you will not be driving the Heli into the ground. As soon as you can manage to get it in the air and comfortably hover with some control, you can set up a more aggressive curve on FM 1 with the factory normal pitches to get the different feel. Negative pitch at low is not a good beginner setting.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:53 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I think instead of just making issue to Master CP, maybe this document should encompass Walkera products in general. I have many Walkera products, so I may have more issues than some.
I have a Devo 8s that developed Screen display issues. The screen display becomes garbled as soon as the volttage drops, like after 5 minutes of use even with new batteries.
I have the MasterCP that will not bind with Fixed ID with a Devo 7, DEVO 8s, or a Devo 12s where the other 6 models all will so the problem is in the Master CP RV.
I purchased a Walkera brushless conversion for the MiniCP and the motor won't start by itself. Appears to be bad solder connections in the Walkera supplied PCB.
I have a Devo 12s that the battery charger now does not work after only 2 charges. I have the unit plugged into a surge protector bar. No voltage output.
I have had 2 servos lock up on my mini CP. It has never been crashed. I have yet to have a servo go on any of my other helis other than in a major crash and then, only 2 so far. When I take these apart, I found something drop out, but the gears on one were find and it is back in service after putting back together. The other I stripped because I lost my temper.

My feeling is Walkera have some very good designs and for the most part, build a pretty good Heli. It is basically their quality control and backup through their dealer network that is the issue. If we can't get assistance on products from the dealer we purchased from, we should be able to contact Walkera directely for help.
I kind of agree and disagree on this...

Walkera is a budget but proper hobby level heli manufacturer, they don't make toys.

I'll explain... toys are the things you fly, break, can't mend so throw away. (The CoAx heli's without servos are in this group) - Novelty items which are fun for the masses but people won't take it any further...

Hobby, is where you can get all the parts, you get a proper radio transmitter (even if it's a 4 channel thing, it's still pretty well built compared with the IR transmitters).

However, if they start running a huge warranty and support service the cost will go on the models and parts. So they are running a community support, inkjet printer model and trying to sell the main copter for as little as reasonably possible and then make the money on parts.
The Walkera electronics are enough to get you in the air but if you really start pushing these things hard you'll need to upgrade in many cases.
The mini's: Super FP, Mini CP, GFP, GCP, V120D02S and Ladybird are all pretty good OOTB only the servos let the 120 down in terms of durability.
For the Master - it's one step up in size than those minis but built for learners to fly outside, again, the servos are weak, but then this thing is heavy. If they use MG servos and servo arms that fail under high shock loads then that'll solve the most critical issue. Buy a bag of servo arms 10 for $5 and everytime you crash you replace the arm and redo your swash setup... seems a pretty good deal to me.

If you really want to go for a supplier with support then I think the Blade option sounds much better than Walkera but in terms of their products - they still have issues and of course can break when you crash.

That said, I'm sure Walkera will be happy of the feedback, just don't expect them to change their business model.

(For background, I have 8 WK helis and 2 WK quads... plus some other stuff)
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:24 AM
Joined Nov 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
If you have never had a CP in the air, I would suggest not using the factory pitch curve.
I would try:
Low 0 %
Middle 20%
High 50%
This will make your take of a little softer and if you pull the stick to low, you will not be driving the Heli into the ground. As soon as you can manage to get it in the air and comfortably hover with some control, you can set up a more aggressive curve on FM 1 with the factory normal pitches to get the different feel. Negative pitch at low is not a good beginner setting.
Thanks for the advise.
I have yet to take CP into sky as still trying to digest the info from the manual.

so your suggestion is below for more gentle setup?
Zero throttle, ie L 0% = 0% Pitch curve
Mid throttle, M 50% = +20% Pitch curve
Full throttle, H 100% = +50% Pitch

what's the Blade pitch angle, zero degree at Zero throttle?

so FMD - 1,2 is for 3D flight (ie inverted flight)?

Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:41 AM
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
I kind of agree and disagree on this...

Walkera is a budget but proper hobby level heli manufacturer, they don't make toys.

I'll explain... toys are the things you fly, break, can't mend so throw away. (The CoAx heli's without servos are in this group) - Novelty items which are fun for the masses but people won't take it any further...

Hobby, is where you can get all the parts, you get a proper radio transmitter (even if it's a 4 channel thing, it's still pretty well built compared with the IR transmitters).

However, if they start running a huge warranty and support service the cost will go on the models and parts. So they are running a community support, inkjet printer model and trying to sell the main copter for as little as reasonably possible and then make the money on parts.
The Walkera electronics are enough to get you in the air but if you really start pushing these things hard you'll need to upgrade in many cases.
The mini's: Super FP, Mini CP, GFP, GCP, V120D02S and Ladybird are all pretty good OOTB only the servos let the 120 down in terms of durability.
For the Master - it's one step up in size than those minis but built for learners to fly outside, again, the servos are weak, but then this thing is heavy. If they use MG servos and servo arms that fail under high shock loads then that'll solve the most critical issue. Buy a bag of servo arms 10 for $5 and everytime you crash you replace the arm and redo your swash setup... seems a pretty good deal to me.

If you really want to go for a supplier with support then I think the Blade option sounds much better than Walkera but in terms of their products - they still have issues and of course can break when you crash.

That said, I'm sure Walkera will be happy of the feedback, just don't expect them to change their business model.

(For background, I have 8 WK helis and 2 WK quads... plus some other stuff)
I agree . What i would call walkera is entry level hobby grade .
54885488 is offline Find More Posts by 54885488
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:52 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Quote:
I would try:
Low 0 %
Middle 20%
High 50%
Good point BT.

But be careful about flying in and wind as well, not having a lot of pitch authority will make it very difficult if you get any gusts.

Also, D/R and EXPO, you might wish to try 80% DR setting and a 30~40% EXPO setting on ELEV and AILE. This should make it less sensitive about middle stick and you less like to over control.

Good luck on your maiden Spectrum!!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:58 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,210 Posts
You should ALWAYS have negative pitch at low, even as a beginner. But only -10-20%.
Without negative pitch you might as well buy a cheap fixed pitch heli instead.

PS. anyone know what the silvery pit tool is for that you got with the master cp?

Im guessing its somehow for leveling the swash or setting up pitch, but as theres no balls on it i dont really see how its meant to be used?.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:15 AM
Madison WI
Joined Jan 2009
599 Posts
Quote:

+1. They need to have transmitter repair parts available like they do for their helis which might only cost half as much. At least they should sell moving parts like the stick assembly. Also replacement gears for servos. I have a pile of Genius servos that would be perfectly good if it weren't for one little gear. Now that I'm learning inverted flight, I am looking for an alternative 100-size heli that would be cheaper to keep in the air with reasonably-priced parts. If I find one that's Deviation compatible, goodbye Genius!
jazzjohn is offline Find More Posts by jazzjohn