HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by ChrisBowker, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 03:18 PM
RC Bum 4 Hire
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined May 2004
1,155 Posts
Discussion
Please boycott fedex!!!!

Dear RCGroups user's,
I normally do not use my blog for such issues, but I feel the need to warn other's about the terrible service FedEX is providing. I shipped an EPP Yak kit to a customer in TX on the 31st of last month, The customer contacted me saying they had not received the yak kit as of yet and asked me to look into it. I was at a bit of shock as it had been more than a week since I shipped them out(He contacted me on the 12th of this month) I called fexed to inquire about the package as the tracking number simple said "on route" after being told by the customer service rep that they couldnt find out what had happened to my package until today(monday) I was frustrated and said I would bring down mail fraud charges if I was not provided with an answer. I was immediately transferred to a supervisor who immediately told me the box was lost in a fire that happened on the 3rd of this month, It was now the 12th and they never made any effort to contact me. After speaking with them again today they said I would have to wait another 5-7 days to find out if FedEX would even be paying for the lost property. This is unacceptable customer service in my book. I ask you all to please boycott FedEX to show the big business in America that they DO NOT HAVE DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY!

Thanks,

Chris
ChrisBowker is offline Find More Posts by ChrisBowker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Gen2 Bowker CF hardware
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2011, 03:43 PM
Joined Jul 2009
1 Posts
fedex

Here in the UK we have no alternative but to use Fedex as they are better priced and more reliable than many others, The only problems we have with them at times is that when we have to send our products to crematoria, there drivers some times refuse to deliver if a service is going on, although there is normally large empty places to park We can only assume that the driver is of a nervous disposition and has a fear of the dead, Dont they realise that dead is the operative word and and no harm an come to the drivers?. Or is it because they have watched too many Horror Movies?.

Happy Flying

John
jonniebgood is offline Find More Posts by jonniebgood
Old Jun 15, 2011, 01:38 AM
Addicted to my hobby
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Sep 2009
434 Posts
And do what? Rely on the United States Postal Service? You think FedEx is bad...

You'll get reimbursed. There's a certain level of insurance with every package. Don't know what that is but I'm pretty sure there's something.

btw...that big business delivers hundreds of packages safely and on time everyday to America's doorsteps. I don't think a boycott is necessary.
Sweetrex is offline Find More Posts by Sweetrex
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:09 AM
RC Bum 4 Hire
Joined May 2004
1,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetrex View Post
And do what? Rely on the United States Postal Service? You think FedEx is bad...

You'll get reimbursed. There's a certain level of insurance with every package. Don't know what that is but I'm pretty sure there's something.

btw...that big business delivers hundreds of packages safely and on time everyday to America's doorsteps. I don't think a boycott is necessary.
No, it is. The biggest issue I have with fedex is that my boxes keep showing up opened. I have spoke with my supplier and I know the issue is on fedex's end. I have had several boxes this year show up opened and missing material. Claims were filed and the missing material was taped to my door while I was home. No attempt has ever been made on fedex's part to contact me about a service issue. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE where I'm from, I have no reason to believe that the box was destroyed in a fire and every reason to think someone at fedex simply stole my package. I can find news story's on the net for many fedex trucks catching fire but none in the location they said nor the day they said.

Fedex has also told me it is not anywhere close to a 100% guaranty that they will pay my insurance money for the kit I shipped. I have an old friend that shipped some item's to PA when he was moving, He was told a similar story told to him about a fire on a truck and fedex tried to blow off paying him the insurance money. A year has passed and they still have yet to make it right or return one of his phone call's.

As for me and my money...I will be shipping USPS or UPS.

Chris
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 15, 2011, 04:11 PM
Addicted to my hobby
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Sep 2009
434 Posts
wow. sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope you find peace with another carrier.
Sweetrex is offline Find More Posts by Sweetrex
Old Dec 05, 2011, 11:19 AM
RC Bum 4 Hire
Joined May 2004
1,155 Posts
BTW I have been using USPS ever since and not a single issue!
RCG Plus Member