SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 11, 2014, 08:00 PM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Mar 2014
36 Posts
Paint is awesome kwahn....hows the belly?
darkmanvr6 is offline Find More Posts by darkmanvr6
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:16 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Mar 2014
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmanvr6 View Post
Ok 2200 4s is here, ready to maiden. Ive read so much on cg and so many dif opinions. If i just want to take it out for a conservative spin no craziness like i try with the Habu 2 what measurement do u guys recommend. Im leaning towards 75mm??? Any thoughts? Thanks all!
My 4s flys between 60 and 70 with no problems.
kthadlee53 is offline Find More Posts by kthadlee53
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:15 AM
Germany
Joined Jul 2010
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmanvr6 View Post
Paint is awesome kwahn....hows the belly?
Thanks, I guess anything is an improvement over what it looks like stock.
The belly is dark blue because I ran out of orange and that's what I had left.
Kwahn is offline Find More Posts by Kwahn
Old Dec 12, 2014, 10:43 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwahn View Post
I couldn't bear to look at the original mk2 color scheme any more so I did this. I hope I can stand that view for a little longer. The stock paint and decals come off relatively easy with duct tape and gently applied heat, stripping, waterbased PU painting with a paintbrush and finally spraying with some rattle can leftovers still took several hours.
I tried to strip the paint off of one of my fuselages...got most off. but left a lot a crap inbetween all the small foam cell cracks.

I like your paint scheme !!
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Dec 13, 2014, 10:20 AM
Germany
Joined Jul 2010
497 Posts
Yes, stripping the paint isn't a lot of fun. You need really sticky tape and a heat gun. Clean the surface, cover it in tape and then heat it gently while rubbing the tape with your fingers for better adhesion, as long as you don't burn your fingers the foam won't pop any bubbles. Give it a minute to cool down and remove the tape with hopefully all of the paint. I found everything came off well on the Stinger 64 except for the bottom of the wing which took more work and some sanding. You still need to sand some and wipe down with alcohol for the new paint to stick. If I did it again I would invest in some suitable epp friendly spray paint and skip the pu paint.
Kwahn is offline Find More Posts by Kwahn